“Best Mexican food around. .. hands down! ”

Randy's Bar & Grill
Ranked #53 of 73 Restaurants in Benicia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The food is so good, we eat there at least twice a week. I have not had anything I didn't like and I've tried them all. The salsa is so good we always take some home for later. The service is fantastic and make you feel at home. It's not some stuffy place that makes you feel out of place. Everyone there treat us like their happy to see us. I recommend Randy's to everyone we talk to that is looking for a place to eat good and relax. Sit at the bar and watch a ball game on one of 4 tv's or sit on the restaurant side and enjoy authentic Mexican music. Give it a try. .. You'll be happy you did and will come for more.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I lived in Benicia 15 yrs, but only went to Randy's a few times. I liked the chicken soup once. Second time the soup was so salty I was ill as soon as I got home. Third time in Dec 2012 the soup was served without the avocado slices; when I asked the waitress she acted ignorant, then said she would check, then she said they ran out of avocados and put guacamole in my soup. Yuk, and I never went back. Always a long wait for the check and to make payment.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I am a longtime resident. Staff and atmosphere are always pleasant. However, we frequently wait for bland, often lukewarm, food. The margaritas are terrible which is attributable to poor tequila and cheap mix. This place could really up its game with better margaritas! Even the top shelf is lacking..I can say the same for the salsa which for the most part tastes more like Ketchup. On a positive, the portions are very generous. I just wish the food had more authentic flavor. If Benicia ever gets a real mexican food place, stand by; Randy's may find itself out of business.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Salsa is important to me and they have great salsa. Their other traditional dishes are good also and I especially like their whole pinto beans.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The atmosphere is true Mexico! The food plentiful and delicioso! Love the chili relleno (with beef inside!) and the prices are very good too. Try the jalapeno margarita!

Been to Randy's Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!