Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$510
US$459
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$577
US$542
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$458
TripAdvisor
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,666
US$1,584
Orbitz.com
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$413
US$76
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Sandals Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,576 results
All reviewsjerk chickenmontego bayswim up barasian restaurantevery other daymichael jackson showentertainment staffjerk hutbuffet styleclose to the airportrose hallmini barmain buffetpaddle boatsfood was greatplanes flyingdunns river
Reviewed 14 July 2014

• My husband and I got married December, 2013. The staff (especially Natoya – front desk manager, Tanya Birch and Nicoy Williams at the Spa) was friendly, professional and made us feel very welcome. They are model employees and should be commended for their wonderful work. However, our experience with the Wedding Department, the Spa & Salon was disappointing and unpleasant. Although I spoke to Ms. White to confirm the date, time of ceremony and reception, upon arrival at the hotel we were told by Ms. Christina Dunbar that our reception will be at 6:30 pm not 1:30 pm (our wedding ceremony was scheduled for 12 pm). Ms. White never conveyed this change during our email exchanges or conversations. Ms. Dunbar informed us that unless we use the hotel DJ for an allocated time of four hours (for $1000), we would not have access to any equipment e.g. speakers, microphone. The price for the wedding that I discussed with Ms. White was different from the previous agreed upon amount. My wedding dress was to be steamed by the wedding department. However, they returned the dress ½ before the scheduled time of the ceremony, not steamed. My mother and cousin iron the dress in their room.

• The manager at the Spa & Salon scheduled my hair and makeup at the same time with two other brides who were getting married at 2pm and 4 pm. The bride getting married at 2pm had her hair and makeup completed before mine.. At 11:45 am, Nicoy was still working on my hair. Although she did her best it had to be rushed in order to finish. Therefore, I did not have the chance to discuss how my hair nor makeup looked with her. As I was getting dressed she was putting on my makeup. Now that I am looking at the pictures, most of the curls are gone from my hair. However, it is my belief that Nicoy should be applauded for her professionalism and efficient work within a limited timeframe.

• We did a “fake cake-cutting” because photographer had another wedding and stated he would return at 8:30pm. He did not return. As a consequence, I do not have any pictures in my second dress. When asked the reason he responded “that he was tired and was late for the other bride and therefore could not return.” Most of the prints BestImages emailed to us have sweat on our faces, eyes closed and cell phone imprints. Responses from BestImages regarding this matter has been unprofessional, rude and nasty. In one email, the wedding department stated that the prints will be edited. We subsequently received an email from BestImages, indicating that they will not edit prints and editing distorts the pictures. BestImages also wanted us to admit that he edited the pictures if we wanted him to edit the prints. Some of the prints we requested were not emailed to us and BestImages requested more money for us in order to get the prints.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Udean M
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Riu Hotel in Montego Bay in an Ocean View room and the view was SPECTACULAR!!! Only 15 minutes away from airport!!!
The grounds, rooms, and landscaping were meticulously maintained.The food was awesome--delicious and something for everyone at the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets.
The juice bars at breakfast were delicious and plentiful. The freshly roasted, barbecued and fried meats and fish were outstanding.
Wait staff, servers and hotel employees went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure we were happy!
The onsite gift shop was stocked with hats (you will need a hat!!!) and lovely souvenirs in every price range and taste.
Family oriented environment was very friendly...for grown ups who wanted to act like teenagers (WHY NOT???) the pool area was divided up brilliantly so people who wanted to could be raucous and others just loll about in the other parts of the pool(s).
Overall it was an awesome experience...the only minus I would say is that the Steak restaurant reservations seemed to be non-existant--we just couldn't get that for some reason?

Room Tip: We had oceanside and the views, especially sunset, were spectacular.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary F
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at The Riu Montego Bay from 19 June 2014 to 3 July 2014, I was part of a wedding party.

Princess Purple? I know - I wasn't expecting the resort buildings to be decked out in this disney colour either. In spite of that - this resort and its dedicated hard working entertaining ever smiling staff leave you wanting for NOTHING! The entertainment team are amazing - keeping you entertained poolside with interactive "Pool Olympics" to "Water Aerobics" to Calypso and Reggae Dancing" from early afternoon to sun down and then pop up every evening on stage from 9pm with amazing dance routines and show-stopping entertainment. RIU Management - increase the enterainment budget please so the team can fully update all their costumes (as this sadly undermines the high level of performance delivered) AND give them more PAY - they truly deserve it and are a credit to the organisation. Did I also mention that the entertainment team also run the Kids Club - which my family members (2yrs/6yrs/7yrs/11yrs respectively) utilised every day for 14 days and took part in the Kids Club evening entertainment on stage from 7pm every evening?

Housekeeping is excellent - standard of cleanliness is high. Food - the choice of buffet food and presentation in the Rose Hall (main restaurant) is indeed spectacular and they do strive to fully provide a themed night every night. As daft as it sounds, in all the choice that is provided it is repetitive and by the fourth day I was personally struggling and had to be somewhat creative with my selections. If I had to choose I would say breakfast was my favourite meal of the day, followed closely by the Jerk Hut that opened on the beach from 12noon to 3pm daily.

I have travelled - and the one thing I have to say about this resort (that I had yet to truly find) is the laid-back, feel-good, let-me-be-comfortable-in-my-own-skin vibe that this place has. Believe me, there is noone pool-side to beach-side to bar-side ever feeling uncomfortable or self-conscious. A lot of people will read this and get exactly what I am saying, which is why I have made a point of saying it. You will feel FREE and HAPPY and COMFORTABLE in this resort - whether you consider yourself too fat, too thin, too tall, too short, too hairy or not hairy enough. It truly is the place to BE!

If I had to change anything about the RIU it would purely be out of personal preference: (i) change colour of resort - I'm sorry I can't get my head around the Disney princess purple, (ii) more beach please (yes I am aware that would mean negotation with Sandals next door) - I can't imagine there being enough beach space for when the resort is at FULL CAPACITY; (iii) a tea service in the room - I did miss that, but then again that is a very BRITISH thing and we are in JAMAICA and (iv) review the food choice/rotation at the main restaurant.

All that said, I have absolutely NO hesitation in recommending an all-inclusive stay at Hotel Riu Montego Bay. I travelled with my family and friends, a wedding party of 14 (bride and groom, children and adults) and every single one of us had a fabulous time and have come home with great memories of a great stay and a beautiful, laid-back, feel-good country! One Love!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Irene414
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I'm trying to think of something bad or negative about the hotel but I'm really struggling! - Excellent food, great beach, lovely reception, the 24 hour all inclusive 'Sports Bar' was ideal as we went when the world cup was on - a great atmosphere. The acts in the evening were first class and the entertainment team were the best I've ever experienced on holiday, especially 'Red-Stripe' 'Andre' and 'Megotrone' - a great bunch of dedicated guys and gals!
Downfall of the holiday NOT the hotel - we like to walk and theres nowhere to walk to besides a short walk on the beach (very short). Bit isolated, again not the hotels fault. Would definitley return.

Room Tip: I'd recommend paying the extra ( which isn't much £250ish in the local currency for a fortnight) for the fantastic sea view and sunsets.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandy A
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I Visited the Riu the end of April early May of this year. I had a wonderful time. I arrived early and even though my room was not ready they gave me a room that was ready. You want to stay in building 1. This building is near everything. PLEASE bring mosquitoes repellent; mosquitoes ate me up @ beach party. Food is the best, must make reservation to steak and Italian restaurants do this as soon as u get finish checking in. The entertainment was the best; every night there was a show. No show on Tuesday there was a beach party instead. Drinks are ok, they do not use top of the line liquor. Beach and water was just enough. I ask for a late check out since my flight was late in the day and I the front said yes. I had a great time here; I will be coming back with my family next year.

Room Tip: You want to stay in building 1 and bring Insect repellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends