“Perfect Refuge in the Heart of North Berkeley”

North Berkeley Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley
North Berkeley Cottage
Ranked #1 of 8 Berkeley B&B and Inns
Morton, Illinois
“Perfect Refuge in the Heart of North Berkeley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed in this cottage for a week while visiting my son and daughter-in-law and my 3-year-old grandtwins. It provides a delightful and elegant respite from the people I love the most. It renews my spirit and engages my heart. The gardens are lovely, and the cottage provides everything one might need. I look forward to going again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Carol R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was one of the most comfortable and well-equipped places I've ever stayed. The cottage is a spacious one-bedroom with eat-in kitchen and charming details everywhere. Surrounded by a lush garden, it's very private and peaceful.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alan E
san diego, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Me and my family visit the East Bay Area a couple of times a year and we have now found the place we want to stay for all our visits.

From the moment we stepped into the cottage, we felt very much at home and relaxed. Our 2-1/2 year old son Jack, loved playing outside in the beautiful garden, and also loved playing with the toys that were already at the cottage. Bonus!

And me and my wife loved the location as we were able to walk to all the wonderful shops & restaurants in the Gourmet Ghetto area. The cottage itself is nice and cozy yet large enough for our family of 4.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank pete619
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was visiting the archives at the nearby Berkeley University for a few days, and stayed at the cottage with my wife and 1 year-old. Although I did find the initial email communication a bit awkward (very short emails in block letters), the owner is very kind and helpful, so don't let that turn you away. The cottage is extremely beautiful, very well equipped, including for infants, and surrounded by a beautiful garden. There is a lot of attention to detail, and everything seems to be in place to make you enjoy your stay. The location is superb – quiet neighborhood, two supermarkets and many restaurants and cafés within short walking distance, and accessible to the university and other Berkeley locations. Would definitely stay there again (or rent the place long term if ever I was to relocate to Berkeley...)

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank davidbarak1
Princeton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

We just spent three days at the cottage. It is absolutely wonderful. Comfortable, clean, quiet and close to a great coffee and pastry shop (the Cheeseboard). Beautifully maintained garden. We did not mee the host but everything was ready for. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Costa P
Anchorage, AK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2009

For over six years, I have made a week-long stay at the cottage part of an annual pilgrimage to Berkeley for a yoga workshop. Each year, approaching the cottage along the meandering garden path brings a sense of wonder and delight at the layers of green foliage, fiery blooms, and hovering hummingbirds. The cottage is and feels completely private; there are also two quiet, intimate places to sit in the garden. The cottage has a huge bathtub, great shower, large windows, and the kitchen is, as others have said, well-appointed. Convenience to a variety of wonderful food and wine shops, along with great restaurants, make the location alone a big draw. But this gem of a retreat is worth a trip on its own. The hosts have a perfect sense of friendliness and helpfulness without ever seeming to hover; each interaction I have had with them has been delightful.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank atdg588
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

This is just a lovely place to stay. Quiet, incredibly convenient, and very pretty. The garden is a delight, the cottage is very clean and well appointed, and the kitchen very well equipped, and a very nice place to cook and enjoy a glass of wine. The sleeping arrangements are both comfortable and flexible. I have stayed here several times, both alone and with my young adult daughter. My only regrets are that it is not always available when I visit, and that I always eat too many of the good things that are so nearby in Gourmet Ghetto!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo