“A garden oasis”

North Berkeley Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley
North Berkeley Cottage
Ranked #3 of 8 Berkeley B&B and Inns
toronto
“A garden oasis”
Reviewed 3 July 2009

This is just a lovely place to stay. Quiet, incredibly convenient, and very pretty. The garden is a delight, the cottage is very clean and well appointed, and the kitchen very well equipped, and a very nice place to cook and enjoy a glass of wine. The sleeping arrangements are both comfortable and flexible. I have stayed here several times, both alone and with my young adult daughter. My only regrets are that it is not always available when I visit, and that I always eat too many of the good things that are so nearby in Gourmet Ghetto!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank migratoryme

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 18 June 2009

We were lucky enough to find this gem 10 years ago when our son moved to Berkeley, and have been thoroughly delighted to be able to return almost every year since. We really do feel we've come "home" again every time we stay. The other reviewers are all right about the details: a really comfortable, well equipped cottage, set back behind this gorgeous garden behind the main house on a residential street, but so close to such wonderful attractions -- within two blocks for the restaurants and shops of the "Gourmet Ghetto", and within BART and driving distance of the whole Bay area. Reg and Pat are delightful folks who are happy to provide any information you need - we look forward to seeing them on every visit.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank larmarke
new york city
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We have stayed at North Berkeley Bed and Breakfast over a dozen times-- sometimes for a month at a time. For us, it is another home. It is comfortable and pretty. You feel that you are in your own little garden paradise. It is quiet and private, but at the same time close to Berkeley's best eateries and shops, most especially the Cheese Board Collective just up the block, a great book store and clothing shops.
We don't have a car, and find the walking distances to BART and other locations not onerous.
The price is right too, compared to other, less interesting places to stay.
It's fun to be in a house rather than a hotel or motel room, where you have to go out to eat all the time. It's fun go to the Berkeley Rep, and the green market and the beautiful parks. And especially, for us, it is safe and informal and a perfect place for our little granddaughter to visit, equipped with children's books and games.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank camusNewYorkCity
NYC
Reviewed 30 January 2009

I could not have had a more delightful time anywhere else, this oasis is a little piece of shangri-la. The accomodations are located in a separate cottage house which was not only clean and well-maintained, but also had cheerful little touches throughout, which made me feel very at-home. The proprietors are absolutely lovely people. Great kitchen, living room, bedroom & bathroom. The location is in extremely close proximity to everything, including BART system; everything is within walking distance. I can't recommend this place highly enough. It was very quiet and peaceful, and frankly, I haven't slept that well in a long time. I'll be back in June, and I'm really looking forward to it!

AS

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank ASNYC62
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 September 2008

My wife and I have stayed with Reg and Pat at the North Berkeley B&B for at least the last 7 years. We can't recommend it enough. After having visited the Bay Area annually for many years, this is by far our favorite location to stay.

The location is perfect, just outside the main drag of Berkeley and Telegraph Avenue, but within walking distance to many restaurants and shops on Shattuck, (including Chez Panisse). It's easily accessible from the highway and it's an easy connection for trips to San Francisco or Oakland. Although, if you're like my wife and I you'll find yourself not wanting to leave!

The cottage itself is immaculate, with an eat-in kitchen, a quiet small bedroom and very comfortable living room with a fold-out couch. There's a beautiful small deck accessible from the kitchen and the cottage resides in a lovely garden, with hummingbirds and citrus trees. In addition, Reg and Pat are great people. You know they're available if needed, but otherwise they respect your privacy and leave you to your own devices.

HIGHLY recommended...

• Liked — The cottage itself and the location.
  • Disliked — That we couldn't stay longer.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Cambridgite
Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 August 2008

Great place to stay, a classic Berkeley cottage in the most relaxing garden. Full kitchen, the management leaves you alone and it's also very quiet. I would bring my own speakers for music, since there is real stereo. TV is cable. Ample room for guests to come by and hang out. Nice little porch. We stayed with our 2 year old and he loved the garden and the whole set up.

The full monty in terms of Berkeley since you are one block from the Gourmet Ghetto and on a bike boulevard. Don't forget your Birkenstocks!

Stayed July 2008