Americas Best Value Inn
US$278
  • Pool
US$209
US$189
Berkeley Rodeway Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$180
RodewayInn
US$149
US$146
Berkeley YMCA(Berkeley)
US$124
All reviewsgolden beartowel rackwhole foodsquick driverooms are cleansan franciscofront desk staffbart stationoaklandcampus
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The staff checking me in and out of the motel were very nice. The room was on the end by a main street but it was big with two rooms and 4 beds so it was pretty quiet. The furniture is dated and old, the beds just okay, wifi not so good and the room I was in smelled of plumbing with hair and grime in it. (the bathroom was very dated) I sprayed room freshener and perfume in the room but the smell kept coming back. I told the staff as I left so may take care of the smell and other rooms might not have the smell.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Katie M
ckoertge, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about our property. I have shared your comments with my staff and will be working with them to help correct the issue. Attention to detail is something we aim to master and we will follow up with this to make sure it is rectified. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Chris Koertge

Reviewed 16 November 2013

People here are very friendly and helpful. Especially, they are very trustful. I left my watch in the room when I checked out. Later I realized that I left it there. I contacted this motel and they were very honest and helpful in getting my watch back. Actually, it was my wedding watch so is very precious for me. In addition, the room is cozy and clean given the room is very cheap.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Chris was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful at check in. Night staff also helpful. The exterior reminded me of the traditional motor courts with well-kept buildings and lovely decorative flowers and vines painted on the window frames. The room was simple but neat and clean. Refrig, microwave, decent bed, good sized shower. Clean, well-maintained. One-story, park in front of room.

The area is one of those mixed/in transition sections of the city. At first glance it's not too encouraging, but as we walked around getting from train station and looking for food (after dark), we noticed people walking dogs, cyclists, decently lit streets, well-kept homes and businesses. Found local restaurants and chains, good variety.

I forgot my stuff in refrigerator but when I called Chris he immediately said he would send my lunch bag and water bottle to me. He also helped us get from airport to inn by printing map & instructions.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This motel appears to have been built in the 1920's by the tile in our bathroom. Our room was very very clean, brightly painted colorful walls, comfy bed, some nice decorations on the walls. But it was the towels that I loved. Softest ever! The room was small by today standards but clean. The courtyard is right out of the 1940-1950's. What was wrong? The thin walls. The person in the room had their TV on most of the time and we could hear it. He was watching Fox News! Then he snored all night. If you just need an inexpensive place to stay for a night or two this would be a good choice. However it is not within easy walking distance of just about anything.

Room Tip: There is what appears to be a new two story section that might be a better choice
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank XK140NUT
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 night after flying into san Francisco before traveling on motel wasn't too bad but area looked and felt unsafe was glad only there to sleep before moving on.check in was easy and room had fridge microwave and coffee machine bed was comfy just a shame about the area.

• Stayed: September 2013