“Clean Hotel”

Berkeley Rodeway Inn
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
“Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2007

Oracle Openworld used up every hotel room in SF, so I stayed out in Berkeley for my trip. It was a clean, recently remodeled room and everything was fine. The hotel is one floor with every room opening into an outdoor courtyard which opens on University Avenue. Fine place for a for a business trip and much nicer than some of the dumpy hotels in downtown SF that were the alternatives - much better than the Sir Francis Drake which was completely booked!

Stayed November 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

Rodeway Inn is not luxury, but I would definitely go back. Pleasant, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and although neighborhood a bit rundown, it was just fine and a perfect location if you're visiting U of Berkeley for a college tour. It's a 20-25 minute walk to campus. I appreciated the warm and friendly staff, who seemed genuinely pleased to have us as their guests. They have free internet and let me use their printer to print my boarding pass for the flight back home. Nice amenities, especially considering the reasonable price: Free breakfast (english muffins, toaster waffles, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, pastries, cereal). Even free newspaper and Hershey's chocolate kisses at the check-in counter! Each room has a microwave, fridge/freezer and great cable tv. selection. Across the street is a delicious Mexican restaurant that is open late.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank oyabe
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

Just got back today from a stay at this hotel and was quite pleased. We were doing college tours for U of Berkeley, and Rodeside Inn is about a 20-25 minute, easy walk. Thanks to the tripadvisor members' recommendations, we concur with the positive reviews. Reasonably priced, very clean, updated and modern furnishings. I really appreciated the comfortable bed, large cable tv. program selections, small refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and free breakfast in the lobby. (English muffins, toaster waffles, fruit, milk, coffee, pastries, etc.), and free newspaper. Even Hershey's chocolate kisses at the registration counter! They also have free internet use, and were kind enough to let me use their printer to print out my boarding
pass for my flight back home. The owners were very kind and friendly.
There's a delcious Mexican restaurant across the street which is open
till midnight, I think. Don't expect luxury at the Rodeway Inn, and the neighborhood is a bit rundown, but I felt safe at all times. I'll
come back for sure.

• Stayed October 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank oyabe
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2007

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn for 3 nights. A wonderful stay! Due to the recent remodelling it has a very fresh feel to it. The rooms are pleasant: clean, spacious, including everything you need (microwave, fridge, bath, tv). But above all: the staff is very good. I received a warm welcome on my arrival and was never short of a helping hand during my stay. Breakfast is basic good food, in a nice setting to meet other guests.

I would recommend Rodeway Inn to anyone that is looking for a nice, affordable stay in Berkeley!!

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank MLAmsterdam
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2007

We have stayed all over the Berkeley area, in quaint B and B's, expensive name hotels, really cheap motels, and crammed into our daughter's studio apt. But for the money, the newly- redone Rodeway has been our overall pick. it is not expensive, and while not "quaint", it has everything you might need, including a microwave and refrigerator. The front desk staff was very pleasant, and the breakfast was adequate. The bed was really quite great, in fact better than the B and B. It is not the RItz, but who needs a fancy hotel when you are hardly in your room? Oh, and a good, practical location on University AV (not near tons of great shopping, but near the freeway exits). Clean, user friendly and convenient. We plan on returning.

Tankster

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank Tankster
Southern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2007

We stayed two nights while visiting U.C. Berkeley and were very pleased with the cleanliness and it was very quiet - except for the wall mounted air conditioner. Being one story was great - no noisy neighbors above or below. The only real negative was the minimal parking - due to the fact that they allow customers of the adjacent Thai restaurant to park in the motel lot.

When returning at night I had to park on the street and then watch for a spot to become open and quickly move the car. The immediate neighborhood is a little scary at night.

If it weren't for the parking, I'd definitely return - but I will try another motel next time due to the uncertainity every time you return to the motel.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank StayAtHomeBob
BerkeleyDon, Manager at Berkeley Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2007
Dear Guest,
I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience because of our parking lot being full. Due to our city center location, we sometimes run out of parking spaces for our guests.
If any guest is not able to find parking, all they have to do is ask the front desk clerk, we move employee cars & and make spaces available for our guests. We will make sure that every single guest will have a space to park. I know it is a bit inconvenient, but we will try our best to accommodate every guest request.
I am pleased to acknowledge your positive experience on other aspects of your stay with us.
Thanking you,
Don Desai
Manager

irvine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2007

Rodeway Inn is a wonderful motel that is clean, quiet and very efficiently furnished. The staff was very courteous and helpful. If you need a simple, clean and quiet place to stay while visiting Berkeley, especially UCB, this is the one. It's only about 25 min walking to the UCB campus and is well kept. Parking is free so if you want to explore Berkeley downtown on foot, leave your car there since it's hard to find a parking spot at Berkeley. I'll definitely stay here again on my future visits while my daughter's still in Berkeley.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank naturehiker