All reviewsuniversity avenuebreakfast roomfridge and microwaveparking is tightyogurttrader joesfew blockscoffee makerbed was comfortablemotelbartsfclosetcollegeconcertbay
Reviewed 11 March 2014

student life is defined by study and by school of thought of the economy best defined by a class in micro and macro economic s the department of economics study

• Stayed: August 2013
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the super 8. im happy you enjoyed the breakfast and the internet. please come back soon. have a super duper day

much respect,

managemeny

Reviewed 10 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
tiny1980, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My daughter was having surgery at Oakland Children's Hospital so we came the night before to avoid getting stuck in traffic. This hotel is ok, but wouldn't stay there again. The room was clean, bathroom clean and part of it remodeled which looked nice. But also had a hole in the wall.... Could very easily hear the cars on the road. Then, around 5am could hear what sounded like a cart being pushed around outside, maybe housekeeping, but not sure. Got ready to leave around 7:30 and opened the door to find a homeless man asleep on the ground in front of the door. I shut the door and called the front desk and someone came out and asked him to move. He did apologize and stood there until the homeless man left while I loaded our things in my car. But it really kind of scared me and won't stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any tips that would help anyone who chooses to stay there. Maybe ask for a room as far away from the road as possible and look out the window before opening the door, you never know what is right outside the door!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
tiny1980, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

We are very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with us. When you checked in I remember you told me about your doctor visit to the hospital and I personally apologize on the behalf of our team and motel management. However, we want you to come back again and stay with us. I can remember a gentlemen walked-in into the motel and asked for a shelter. I told him we are private property and its a motel and he was escorted out. However, when I noticed him right after that he went to hallway I received your call and went there immediately and told him to leave. I can understand you finding him in hallway but I was keeping eye on him and made him leave the property right away. I apologize for the inconvenience. We can not tell anybody not to come inside the property unless they are trespassing. He asked for a shelter, we explained him the situation and he left, however, it was inconvenient for you to face such situation, we apologize for that. Also, our maids' shift start at 7:30 AM so I don't remember anybody dragging the cart at 5:00 AM. We want you to come back again and stay with us. We will give you 20% discount on your next stay. Please come back again and enjoy our free internet, continental breakfast, parking, and other full of amenities inside the room.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
With much respect.
Management.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
tiny1980, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We recently spent 1 night at this Super 8 motel in Berkeley and were very impressed. The grounds and room were immaculate. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room had been recently upgraded well beyond what I would expect for a motel in this price range. The bed was comfortable. We asked to check in 30 minutes early, no problem, no upcharge. It's an easy 4 block walk to the North Berkeley BART station where we traveled to SF for an evening party. Easy and a great way to imbibe and not drive back to our room. The location is a little loud being located right on University Ave, but very convenient for dining and shopping and easy access to the freeway. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
tiny1980, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are recently renovated with full amenities like plasma TV, microwave, refrigerator, safe box, iron, iron board, hair dryer with full complimentary breakfast, free high speed internet and free parking. We are centrally located and few blocks to downtown Berkeley and couple minutes walk to BART Station as well as close to freeway. We would love to have you as our guest again. Thank you for your stay with us.

With much respect.