Nash Hotel
US$189
  • Restaurant
Berkeley Rodeway Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$134
Marina Inn(Berkeley)
US$114
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoriginal architecturecoffee makeruniversity averoom was cleanenjoyed my staywalking distanceminute walkfridgebartappliancesconditionerinternetshampoolinensdesksink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2011

They are nice enough to rent rooms to people who are in sickness or in health. I think it's awfully nice. A lot of these people are hostile or weird to people who are imperfect. I have come in there for over 6 years. I have had trauma and have had to come there extremely depressed needing "respite". Mr. Nash has a incredibly helpful, respectful family who has run towels up to my room. They have stored my belongings and have not budged or bullied at me upon a slightly late checkout. They did not rip me off or take advantage of me. They are beyond respectful and offer cleanliness, presentation and quality on a budget. I've sat depressed and sick on their balcony crying and smoking cigarettes muttering about what he did to me under my breath. I'm never treated like an invalid or harassed. I've had problems elsewhere with my imperfections. I have been received at the door and have had large bushels dropped off at my door. It is a safe haven for travellers who want the comforts of home that you do not naturally get and they are my favorite group to rent from. It's like Berkeley's best kept secret. I feel safe, have good dreams and accomplish things that i need to from within the space.

ALWAYS GRATEFUL FOR THE EXCELLENT STAFF AND NICE FAMILY AND GREETING AND experienced customer service staff who seems to care about people.

Is that too much?

The bathrooms are shared but you pay less. The building is old but it's kept up. You cannot expect beautiful and glossy sheen for such a bargain. I think it's as nice as a cute BB on a budget. There is 5star service but no 5star price. But whatever.

And I've been going there for 6 years since I moved out of an apartment and became unable to rent my own from bad stuff. Nice people.

R

Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank robinmf1979
Reviewed 27 November 2010

When I stayed at this hotel about 10 years ago, I found it to be a bit dirty and run-down with the occasional cockroach. But now, it seems that the place has undergone major renovations! No more bugs. Clean rooms. Wonderful amenities (fridge, coffee machine, FREE WIFI, etc). All this for the same low price!!

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable stay with a great location and low price, this is the place!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank sd_luvaa
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I will start but saying it IS NOT your typical hotel! Like Berkeley itself it is quirky! However after staying here several times a year for the past 5 years, I LOVE this place. It doesn't feel like a hotel. The building is older, but my rooms have always been very clean and nice! Plus, I love having a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in my room! I've noticed in the past couple years they upgraded to putting very nice lcd tvs in each room, and i'm not sure if the beds themselves are new but very comfortable. Norman (the owner) has always been very nice with each stay and feels like an old friend theys days! I LOVE the location! You are close to the campus, the bart, and many great eatteries! Not to mention shopping! It's also a pretty quiet place to stay. Plus they give you vegan soaps in your room! I've never had a bad experience there in my many stays! Just expect something unique and you should be pretty happy!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank HollyMW
Reviewed 25 July 2010

the hotel is awesome, the place is clean and convenience, the people there is awesome~

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank vicky294263
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Though rooms are small, it's a great value for the area. Better yet, the staff were always willing to help make sure I enjoyed my stay. E.g. it was no problem to look at several rooms and they found a fan for me. Shared bathrooms etc were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo