“Great location hotel at a good price”
Review of Nash Hotel

Nash Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I do not drive but I need to be able to go from location to location. Yes, this hotel is in walking distance to the U. C. Campus and all downtown attractions. Internet access is free and reliable to me. I can choose secured sites or regular sites provided by the hotel. BART is just around the conner. I can take BART from the Airport to the hotel. The hotel room is clean with some history for just $ 79.00. I recommend this one if you do not drive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lijianqiang2009
There are newer reviews for Nash Hotel

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was in town for a day and needed somewhere today. I stumbled across this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Overall I got the sleep I needed and the price was good. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank JessStam
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed on the 2nd floor in a single room without a bathroom. It was pretty gross, clearly not vacuumed. The window did not have a screen on it. The first night there I found a cockroach. The next morning I found two more. I complained to one of the workers, a very nice woman. She said they would spray for bugs while I was gone. I told her I did not want to stay in a room that was just sprayed with chemicals. She upgraded me (no charge) to a room on the same floor - two beds and a private bath. I did not find any bugs in this room but did have weird and interesting encounters with long-term guests. Also, about 2 hours after moving out of my first room I walked past my old room and heard the TV on - they had clearly booked someone else into the bug-infested room after I left. How gross.
Showers (even private) had old hair in them.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank oknightmare
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Owner walked into room with stranger to show room while I was checking out, delayed me while I got a parking ticket in their "YOU PAY IT AS YOU GO PARKING"/ not a parking lot for hotel. Hotel refused to pay for ticket, refused to discount or refund hotel stay. RUDE RUDE RUDE and pushing into my room with a stranger is NOT professional. Entire place SMELLED THE ENTIRE TIME.

Room Tip: no restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank ano t
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I had booked a one week reservation at the Nash Hotel in berkeley while my new apartment receive some touch ups and new painting before moving in. As I was laying in the bed studying for an assignment I felt a sting on my neck and a bite on my shoulder. I immediately jumped up and ran to the bathroom too find five bed bugs on me. I proceeded to call the hotel manager Norman Lam expressing my anger, deverstation, health and safety concerns. I requested a full refund and he told me he would have to charge an additional day on my credit card because I didn't give the hotel 48 hour cancellation notice. Very condescending inconsiderate man. In short: I left this place with several bites all over my body that left little red marks I was ashame of and had to continue to attend class at UC Berkeley. Good thing Well Fargo took the charges off and everything got settled. AVOID this bug infested place like a plague!

• Stayed: September 2011
11  Thank storagee
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I loved staying at the Nash. Don't let the older building scare you away! Huge tub, and marble floor in our bathroom. A wonderful mix of classic old and modern that blends well here.
The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. It was an easy walk to all our favorite restaurants, the Bart and the bus.
The staff was very friendly.
Avoid the national chains places and stay at the Nash!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank NyingjeDrolma
Reviewed 13 June 2011

very good location, clean room and badroom. The owners are a wounderful people, very kind, give you good information and the Hotel Nash, even that is not rated 5* is a very good place to stay if you do not want to pay the $300 dls nigth.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business