“You get what you pay for... Clean sheets cost more than $49/night”
Review of Nash Hotel

Nash Hotel
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
Los Angeles, California
“You get what you pay for... Clean sheets cost more than $49/night”
Reviewed 3 May 2004

The price is certainly cheap enough at $49/night, but I felt dirty the entire time. I found a dirty sock in the bed that I assumed was clean when I checked in. The best investment I made during the trip was pillow cases and my own towel. The hotel could be very charming, but in offering low prices they clearly cut costs somewhere (cleaning). The lobby was filled with vagrants two of the three nights I returned after dark. They were not a problem, it just seemed odd to me. I had no problems per say, but it was just dirty. I won't stay there again unless I'm really desperate. I also don't believe some of the good reviews are real.

• Stayed April 2004, travelled on business
6 Thank FamilyTraveler90024

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 23 January 2004

On a trip to Berkeley we spent a horrible night at the Nash. It is noisy (right on the street) with bright lights shining in. The interior is ancient and decrepid, faucet and toilet dripped, the shower had exposed plumbing. This place was the pride of town in the 50's! They don't take credit cards and tried to overcharge us. Be warned!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

Reviewed 2 January 2004

Good location, good price, very convience to downtown, bus, and BAR. I come to Berkeley for a new job. While I was looking for apartment rental, I tried Nash Hotel for a week. Thanks to their free Internet Access that I can connect to my friends and family. The most of all, I finally find a rental house near my new job.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 September 2003

BEWARE! This hotel is not ok. It surely is cheap, but you do get what you pay for. The rooms are small and dirty. The bedding is over 20 years old. The bathrooms are disgusting and by the way, you share them with your entire floor. This is truly a roach hotel (and indeed I did see the roaches as well as smelled the roach spray for the day that I spent there). The service is even worse. I've never regretted an experience so much! Run out of there, but if you're not picky and extremely cheap, then go for it... You may not regret it as much as I did. But please, check out what you pay for first before regretting it later!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 February 2003

I stayed at Nash Hotel for a couple of weeks while I was looking for an apartment at Berkeley. This place is nice and quite. Most important, the price is very good.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member