“Great brunch and a real taste of Provence”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Note

La Note
Reserve with OpenTable
La Note is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 697 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Durant Ave
Transit: Downtown Berkeley Bart station 4 blocks away
Lyon, France
“Great brunch and a real taste of Provence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had brunch today at La Note. There is indoor and outdoor seating and we had no wait for a table. I had the cinnamon brioche french toast with a side of bacon. The orange juice is fresh squeezed but my one complaint is that the french toast is not served with real maple syrup! I asked the waitress who was very friendly and she gave me some real syrup, with an extra charge.

My friend had the raspberry pancake and my boyfriend, a frenchman, had the croque monsieur which was very good! It was served with a salad and a 'tomate provançale'. The total ran around 20 dollars without tip. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Visited April 2014

Berkeley, California
“A bit of Provence in Berkeley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The atmosphere in La Note is warm and inviting. In warm weather ask to sit outside in the back garden. There are lines down the block to get into the Sunday brunch; it's that popular. Some of the simple dishes such as croques, or cheese plate are simply perfect. There's usually a fine selection of desserts. I've not eaten dinner here. I believe it's only open a few nights a week, but breakfast or lunch? Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited December 2013
Berkeley, California
“Always a great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is our go to place for a truly wonderful meal. We have been coming here for years and the one breakfast spot we always take out of town guests. The reason is simple, we always have a fabulous meal. I recommend the ham and cheese omelet (fromage et jambon) or the Pain Perdu, it's always a difficult choice and it never fails to amaze me and bring joy to my tastebuds. Also go early! there is always a line!

• Visited February 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Most amazing breakfast! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I was taken back by their attention to the even the smallest detail. Their service, coffee, pastries and even the scrambled eggs were outstanding. I was amazed at how the lemon, ginger & pear pancakes were complex but sublime ....yes this is truly a treat and would HIGHLY recommend! I also would make reservations in advance.

Los Angeles, California
“Exactly Berkeley at its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

For a great Berkeley breakfast, this place is the best bet. Hopping and bustling with people alone and together, it's okay alone; you don't feel like a loner-- there are others alone too and the people together are talking loudly enough for you to eavesdrop and you don't feel bad. Young families and maybe an Academy Award winning actress ( I think, I wasn't sure) -- it's a dynamic range making life feel like good things are bound to happen soon and life is on the move even though there's time to get a good breakfast.

• Visited February 2014