“Go To Brunch”
Review of La Note

La Note
Reserve with OpenTable
La Note is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 717 Restaurants in Berkeley
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Durant Ave
Transit: Downtown Berkeley Bart station 4 blocks away
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

La Note was my go to brunch spot for my four years at Cal. A popular spot for both residents students and professors.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We (my wife and a good friend of ours) had the good fortune to go to La Note on a beautiful Easter Sunday. The line was quite long so we had a 30 minute wait but fortunately there is a very nice book store (Pegasus) next store so the delaye was a pleasant one.

We had the added good fortune of being seated outside in the lovely garden area of the restaurant. Our friend and I both ordered the Prix Fixe menu, which today consisted of coffee, a choice of mimosa like drinks, a slice of frosted bundt cake, and delicious goat cheese and smoked salmon scramble which was amazingly tasty. The salmon was served with grilled tomatoes and delicious home fries, overall a spectacularly tasty assortment of food for just $25. My wife ordered the zucchini scramble and a single buckwheat pancake, which were solid if not inspired.

Overall we were very impressed with the food, this is a very nice place for weekend brunch and probably for meals other days of the week too!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had brunch today at La Note. There is indoor and outdoor seating and we had no wait for a table. I had the cinnamon brioche french toast with a side of bacon. The orange juice is fresh squeezed but my one complaint is that the french toast is not served with real maple syrup! I asked the waitress who was very friendly and she gave me some real syrup, with an extra charge.

My friend had the raspberry pancake and my boyfriend, a frenchman, had the croque monsieur which was very good! It was served with a salad and a 'tomate provançale'. The total ran around 20 dollars without tip. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The atmosphere in La Note is warm and inviting. In warm weather ask to sit outside in the back garden. There are lines down the block to get into the Sunday brunch; it's that popular. Some of the simple dishes such as croques, or cheese plate are simply perfect. There's usually a fine selection of desserts. I've not eaten dinner here. I believe it's only open a few nights a week, but breakfast or lunch? Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is our go to place for a truly wonderful meal. We have been coming here for years and the one breakfast spot we always take out of town guests. The reason is simple, we always have a fabulous meal. I recommend the ham and cheese omelet (fromage et jambon) or the Pain Perdu, it's always a difficult choice and it never fails to amaze me and bring joy to my tastebuds. Also go early! there is always a line!