“Waitstaff couldn't have been nicer”
Review of Cesar

Cesar
Ranked #47 of 732 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I haven't been to Cesar in years, but it was a great spot to meet a friend for lunch on a beautiful day. While we didn't get a patio seat, we were close to the huge open patio doors. Probably the best service I've had in a long long while as every person on staff stopped by to check on us. Good sangria, tasting skinny fried potatoes with rosemary and sage and an aioli to die for! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

The food is always outstanding. The service is relaxed but efficient. Their cocktails and wine list are great. We have been here many times, brought friends and families and they never disappoint.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

This was my fallback because Chez Panisse (next door) had a fire and is rebuilding. It was wonderful--authentic tapas and wine that brought back memories of Spain. Go, and enjoy.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Excellent service and delicious food were provided in a comfortable setting. Carnivores, pescatarians and vegetarians all had many options from which to choose. The savory tapas were all delicious, and even thought I'm not a big fan of fried foods, I have to say that the little dessert churros, recommended by our friendly server, were seriously divine.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We ordered sangria and several tapas dishes. The smoked salmon and brussell sprouts were so amazing! My friend loved the chicken livers which aren't my thing but looked tasty.