“Really good service and food”
Review of Belli Osteria - CLOSED

Belli Osteria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The wine list is intelligently paired with the food, and the raviolis are great - the restaurant is said to have re-invented raviolis, and it's true. But the meat entrees are good as well - especially the rack of lamb. Larges portion and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Was a little hesitant, given previous reviews that complained about the noise. Food was superb, noise unobtrusive. I would gladly eat here again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I ate at this restaurant with our college son. It was an absolute delight. We ordered a variety of dishes to share and everything was delicious. The wait staff were incredible, attentive, professional and caring, without making us feel rushed. I will definitely go back here when I visit Berkeley next. Thank you Belli Osteria.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My partner started with the grilled sardines and we shared a delicious Caesar salad. However, the two pastas we tried just didn't quite make it -- both could of used some more seasoning. I had a seafood pasta and he had raviolis with pork. I loved the salad and next time maybe I will just have salad and dessert. The service was sort of sloppy maybe because it was Easter Sunday. The atmosphere is great.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were on our way to Berkeley Rep and made a reservation for an early dinner on Sunday evening.
We read the yelp reviews and some of them are wrong, wrong, wrong.
This was a great meal!
It was supposed to be a pasta shop with a few secondi courses. Thus the limited menu just - a fish, a game, a pork and a beef. That's it. The folks at the other table had the beef and it looked enormous.
We started with the tapenade and the grilled sardines. Topenade was very good. You need to like grilled sardines. I do, my wife doesn't.
In Italy we had squid ink pasta with clams. I think Belli Osteria was as good or better.
My wild boar meatballs were a very generous serving and flavorful. Not gamy at all.
Dessert was the big surprise - olive oil thyme gelato. You need to try this.
There was complaint that the service was sub par. These people were all over us with fresh silver, taking away clam shells twice during the meal, how is everything, etc, etc. Good training shows.
All in all I can't wait to go back. Oh and we got a discount because we were going to the theater .