“Great kababs”
Review of Kabana Restaurant

Kabana Restaurant
Ranked #171 of 726 Restaurants in Berkeley
Reviewed 7 April 2012

It certainly isn't trying for a Michelin star. As a matter of fact, the restaurant is quite cramped, and they do not allow any alcohol. The best thing to do is to take out, and try their shammi kababs and paratha with a bottle of Bruichladdich. There, smokiness meets smokiness! When you order on the phone, tell them not to make the kababs spicy. They are fiery hot!!!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is the first thing we do when we fly in from MT, where there is NO ethnic food. OMG- this place is the best. The tandoori fish is a must. Gotta have the palak paneer, as well as the dal and the naan. If they have the goat curry, do it. If you get freaked out about things needing to be super clean, this may not be your spot. Great service, really nice people. Never miss going if you can!

1  Thank janeyd
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We were staying in Berkeley and went here based on the reviews on trip advisor - we were not disappointed.
The restaurant was almost full, we were seated quickly and before long we had decided on tandoori chicken (after we saw an amazing one come out), panak peneer and curry lamb. It was all delicious. The servings were big so we probably only needed two.
Perhaps the best value ($30 for 3 mains, naan, rice and drinks) dinner we had all trip!
Would def. recommend!

Reviewed 30 August 2011

I first discovered Kabana when I moved in to an apartment around the corner nearly 3 years ago. Even though I have since moved to a different apartment in another part of berkeley, I will bike 20 minutes just to eat at Kabana! Their food is incredibly flavorful with good portion sizes for the prize...enough for two meals when I order food to go! Their naan is some of the best I've had and I can always eat a whole one myself. The restaurant is a bit far from downtown and doesn't have much seating space, but it is worth the trip! Take the 51B bus down University and get off at San Pablo Ave. It's on the opposite side of the street, a couple stores north of San Pablo. Vegetarians, order the chana masala and some naan! Carnivores, try one of their lamb curries!

Reviewed 19 August 2011

now the restaurant has added white table cloths, but the food is still wonderful, fragrant, tasty and very reasonable. it is truly a local pakistani place with loyal customers and great service. it is worth any wait and they do take out. ovens are going smoking and flavorful.

Been to Kabana Restaurant? Share your experiences!