“Had an early dinner here”

Kirin Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #199 of 727 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were starving having gotten off the plane from the east coast a few hours prior to eating here. All the staff were very friendly and made us feel comfortable. The food was delicious and we ordered more than we could eat. Luckily our B&B had a fridge for the leftovers!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I enjoyed my meal at Kirin, though the food was a bit more expensive than I'm used to for Chinese food. Service was good. My sister (who lives in Boston) loves going to Kirin whenever she's in town and I'm sure she'd rate it, "Excellent".

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Friendly service, nothing too much trouble. Superb authentic food - at a great price. 4 of us, old friends, all were extremely hungry and managed to really over-order but we all left very happy and satisfied. Would go again to try the other half of the menu!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is located in a great neighborhood on Solano. A very clean restaurant with excellent staff and food that is made for the Gods. Have the Kirin Beef, the garlic noodles and the dumplings. With the addition of a full bar, the experience is unbeatable. Food so good, eating in or take out.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Solano Avenue in Berkeley is well known for its endless row of better-than-average restaurants and Kirin is among the best of them.

Years in NYC and SF have made me very picky about Chinese restaurants and Kirin tops my list SF Bay Area list for the quality, variety and the value of its menu.

Spicy Hunan and Szechuan dishes provide ample heat and definitely order the Pudong fried rice. There's now a full bar (though Tsing Tao beer makes the most sense for an alcohol accompaniment). They also have an extensive list of teas available.

Do know that, when crowded, it is quite noisy.