“A Lovely cup”
Review of Philz Coffee

Philz Coffee
Ranked #4 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Berkeley
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Individual drip coffees, fun staff and a commitment to getting it right. If the coffee doesn't taste like what you desire they make right. Philz is an EXCELLENT work café with lots of space and fast wifi. People come there to work, meet study, etc.

1  Thank Nives W

Reviewed 5 August 2014

coffee drip per cup. Great dark roasts. Josephwonder is strong. Cool vibe. Coffee is poured like tea in Turkey. Cup to Cup in a steam.

1  Thank Randy E
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've never had a cup of coffee like I had at Philz. Same goes for each of my group's four other cups of coffee that I tasted. Starting with delightfully friendly staff, Philz is a great experience. The choices on the blackboard are fun to read; the coffees remind you of wine descriptions with their colorful adjectives. Each cup is prepared with care and does not disappoint.
I loved the entire atmosphere. Sure wish I lived near a Philz. There are many. Don't miss a chance to visit Philz Coffee.

1  Thank M J B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Being from Southern California, I'd never tried Philz before. I was surprised to learn that each order of coffee at Philz is made individually (I've only experienced that once before). I ordered a Turkish and it was the most enjoyable cup that I'd had in a long, long time.

A bit pricey but for a treat it's worth the price for a large ($4). I would suggest avoiding the $10/large cup offerings. Not worth it.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

So I've heard about Philz Coffee from family and friends and I couldn't figure out why all the buz. Finally stopped in, I was a little hesitant because there was a line out the door. BEST coffee I've ever had. The taste, the aroma....just cant' describe it. But my taste buds said two thumbs up! I got the gingersnap mocha with decaff and vanilla soy. AMAZING! Can't wait to go again.

Service was friendly and fast. They have a display of baked goods like cupcakes, granola bars, etc...(I didn't have any, but they looked great). It was a little crowded inside but they had tables outside on the sidewalk and that was nice.