“A Pizza Hater won Over”

Ranked #59 of 732 Restaurants in Berkeley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I admit it - I'm a pizza hater. I hate greasy pizza, thick crust pizza, pizza slathered in pounds of mozarella. But the Pizza Moda Restaurant won me over. It was just so nicely spiced, such a nice crust, just the right amount (to me) of cheeze. We ordered a Margherita and a Mushroom pizza and for our group it was just the right amount. On the table were Greek olives in a small bowl, and an empty bowl for the olive pits which I thought was a nice touch. The place was obviously popular with the locals because it was crowded and we felt lucky to have gotten a table. The waiters were friendly, and we were served relatively quickly I thought considering the number of people there.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

good food in a classically informal setting - prices are very reasonable and the service was great. I loved the olives served at each table.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

It's a little far from the Cal campus for easy access, but it's more than worth the walk. Delicious thin crust pizza, handmade organic pasta, are you kidding me??!!, gluten free options. I had salmon, quinoa and chard, but it was soooo hard to choose, not a huge menu but everything begged to be tried. I beg YOU: try the baby kale caesar salad. Oh baby!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ordering pizza in the US is a bit of a difficult issue, and the Pizza Moda does not really consitute an exception. Surely, the pizza served is pretty good, even if not particularly cheap for what it is. The atmosphere of the restaurant is charming and staff is reasonably friendly. But still, this pizza - served in Napoli - would still possibly end up in a quite serious fist fight. Maybe it helped if the makers of this place would bother to leave the country for a split second?

Reviewed 2 March 2014

As we were a bit disappointed about the value of the "Gather" ($25 for a 9" Pizza) we wanted to try somehting else. As this place was packed on a Saturday night at 8:45 and enterior looked very nice so we gave it a try.

As a surprise they offer "happy hour" after 8:30 every day which means all 12" Pizzas are $10 and every glass of wine is only $5 - this makes it a real deal as the Pizza was excellent, the Pasta very tasty. Our Avocado salad was a trip to Mexico (never had Avocado in Italy) but also very nice.

Definetly recommended!