“Could not recommend this place more!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brick Path Guest Suites - TEMPORARILY CLOSED

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley
The Brick Path Guest Suites - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Ranked #2 of 8 Berkeley B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Could not recommend this place more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

My mother and I were in Berkeley for the weekend and stayed in the Master Suite. It was spacious ... the bathroom was fabulous, and the entire room was incredibly clean. I can still taste Wendy's granola!

The location was also great - very close to Solano, where we had long walks in the morning. Of particular importance is the proximity of the Peet's Coffee!! I was a bit concerned at first about the house being on such a busy road but in the room I honestly couldn't tell, it was so quiet.

I also wanted to mention that Wendy went above and beyond helping me and my mother print our boarding passes (we were spending our final day in Sonoma and were concerned about lines at the airport). This wasn't an easy process, but she was very patient and thoughtful, and clearly cares about her guests and not just providing a room.

In a nutshell I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and plan to do so at the very next opportunity!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

The Brick Path easily lived up to its reviews in Tripadvisor. Our room was large, comfortable, and quiet, and the garden was a wonderful place to sit and relax. We will never stay anywhere else in Berkeley.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
California Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

As Program Chair for a local arts organization I am responsible for arranging accommodations for our monthly guest lecturers. Wendy Sprague at the Brick Path Bed & Breakfast has been an absolute treasure and it has been my absolute pleasure to work with her since 2007. Not only has she has helped us to coordinate our arrangements in a timely and seamless manner, but her personal attention to the comfort and individual needs of our guests has been extraordinary. Our visiting artists who have stayed at the Brick Path B & B have rated it ‘excellent’, without exception.

Rooms at the Brick Path Bed & Breakfast are invitingly decorated and the beautiful garden serves as a private oasis for guests. Although you may feel that you are in a secluded home, you are only steps away from a wonderful district where you can find a variety of restaurants, several coffee bars, bakeries, interesting shops and more.

Wendy Sprague has created a lovely ‘home away from home’ and I highly recommend the Brick Path Bed & Breakfast. If I didn’t live just one mile away, I would book a reservation for myself!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2009

My first time traveling to San Francisco on business was made less stressful and turned into a very pleasant and comforting stay because of this wonderful oasis! The owner makes sure the place is clean, extremely comfortable, and safe.
And the gardens are just lovely!

I am a fabric designer from Philadelphia, PA, and was in the area teaching a surface design class. I was inspired by the sweet-smelling jasmine vine growing outside the door of my master suite, to create an original piece of fabric. (see photos)

My husband and I have been to many B&B's over the years and really, this one has to be at the top of my list ! Stay here...you will be inspired by the beauty of it too!

Thank you, Wendy!

• Liked — cleanliness, comfort, privacy, location
  • Disliked — that I couldn't have stayed longer!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2008

There are so many positive things to say about my last stay at the Brick Path that I hardly know where to begin. I stayed in the Fireplace Room, which is just off the main entrance. The room was beautifully furnished, spacious, and comfortable. The meditation garden in the back was lovely! The real suprise for me, however, was the beautiful piano that shares the room. It was a total treat to be able to play such a fine instrument. I had a very relaxing stay, and Wendy, the inn-keeper was fantastic.! She was very helpful in securing the accomodation and was also able to direct me to some of the local festivities. This place really captures the magic that is Berkeley, and I can't wait to stay there again!

• Liked — The Piano
  • Disliked — Nothing bad to say
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Francestown, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2008

Dear Wendy,

Everything worked out wonderfully.

Your cottage and gardens were the perfect haven for me. I cannot tell you what a peaceful and wonderful gift your Bed and Breakfast and you were.

I thank you for continuing to ensure that all of my needs were met, even though you were on vacation yourself (I felt badly that you had to keep bothering with me). You are an incredible hostess, even when not present!

I will definitely stay with you again, should I need to return.

Many thanks,
Ginger

• Liked — Felt like home, comfortable. Beautiful gardens. Close to dining and conveniences.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2008

Wendy keeps a lovely spot in a perfect location. I stayed in the Fireplace Room, by myself, while in town for business, and couldn't have been happier. The room is lovely in every way, providing solace and comfort at the beginning and end of each day! The room had a small fridge, in which she put my yogurt/granola/fruit breakfast for each morning (great for an early riser). As the day dawned in this walker friendly, residential neighborhood, I enjoyed morning and evening walks up and around the area. I could walk uphiill towards Indian Rock for wonderful views, or along Solano Drive for shopping. Solano is just a few blocks in one direction (great shops and restaurants), and the Shattuck/Vine Road area is within a mile or two in the other direction- another great spot for shopping/eating. I recommend The Brick path for anyone visiting Berkeley, Oakland, Emeryville or San Fran. The B & B is on a rather main street for the area, but the passing traffic did not seem frantic or overly active, once the dinner hour passed.
Please stay here, It's hands down far better than any hotel in the area, in this price range.

• Liked — style/cleanliness/roominess/location
  • Disliked — passing traffic at commuter hours (but only during the specific dinner hour traffic time)
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business