“Yum!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen

Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 690 Restaurants in Berkeley
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Salt Lake, Utah
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The food here was great and the service matched. Our 6:30 reservation was honored at 6:00 when we arrived early because of the rain, but by the time we left the place was packed...obviously popular. I had the VooDoo Shrimp. It was spicy-hot and absolutely delicious. It really did seem fairly authentic NOLA right down to the Abita beer selections. Our server was great to split the check because one of us was on an expense account and met all our needs quickly. With two theaters across the street near-by, and a reasonable menu price, this would be a great place to start an evening out.

• Visited March 2014

San Francisco, California
“Well worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I finally got a chance to try out this restaurant. I first called to see if a reservation was required on a weeknight and the hostess said it wasn't really full right now. Got there around 7 pm and she was right cause we were seated in less than 5 min. The place definitely was packed by the time we were seated. I ordered a bowl of gumbo and the crawfish étouffée while my friends ordered the shrimp creole and jambalaya. Portion size was excellent and the price was more than reasonable. All of our entrees were very good. I only wish my étouffée was a little spicier. The gumbo had a nice kick to it as well. Definitely coming back to this place.

• Visited March 2014
Mission Viejo, California
“another option outside of the ghetto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I did not think that a restaurant on Shattuck would be so good, until my daughter invited me for dinner. It was quite busy, an indicator and folks continued to drop in even past 8PM. Anyway, I had the Cajun mixed grill and it brought me back to New Orleans. Beer selection was good as well. The chocolate dessert was heaven.

Visited March 2014
Berkeley, California
“Real Cajun Food in Berkeley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We love this place for a pre movie dinner and arrive early to avoid the crush. The restaurant has doubled in size since we started going there but with no loss of quality or service. I've been to the garden District many times and this food compares with a New Orleans place. Wife is very partial to the Voodoo shrimp but the fried chicken is the signature/star of they place. I order the gumbo every time I go there. Only criticism is the front of the house: table are left empty for long periods when the entrance is packed; the front person must check wit the wandering computer person who has to have a conference with a dining manager before a table is assigned. This leaves the front of the house unattended for long time periods. Very inefficient and a bothersome. Other very busy restaurants do this far better (Dona Tomas, etc)

• Visited January 2014
Wilder, Kentucky
“Best Meal I've Had in a Long Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I treated my brother and his family to dinner here while I was in town for a visit. The restaurant is amazing and the service was great. Everything we had on the menu (and it seemed like we ordered everything from the menu) was fantastic. I had an oyster po boy. I remember thinking, "This sandwich better be damn good for $14." And after having a bite I was thinking, "I can't believe I only paid $14 for this sandwich." That means it was REALLY good food. My brother had the fried chicken, and my sister-in-law got the fried catfish. All of which was excellent.

The hush puppies really steal the show until you get to dessert, though. That's when you find out that the beignet's are to die for. Must order some for dessert - be sure to save room.

I think in total for 3 apps, 3 entrees, 3 desserts, and alcoholic beverages I paid like $125 or so for the meal. I find that to be a great value considering food quality and GENEROUS PORTIONS!

Visited February 2014