“Mt stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Colton, United States
“Mt stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have stayed at other Doubletree By Hilton Hotels and I find that they all are excellent to stay at . The staff is very friendly an professional and that alone makes you want to only stay at the Doubletree

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your stay. Everyone at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina certainly does all they can to make our valued guests feel right at home and it is a pleasure to know that you appreciated their efforts. We’re delighted to read that your encounter with us reflected the high standards of customer service that we’ve set. Your comments will be shared with everyone here. We hope you will return to experience even more of what we have to offer soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
LA, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Was in the bay area to go to baseball games in Oakland and SF. We also wanted to take a day trip up to Sonoma so the location was perfect for getting around as we have visited San Francisco many times before and have seen the sights. Fortunate enough to have a bottom floor room with a patio looking out into the marina. The park that surrounds the area is great for walking and providing splendid views of the bridges at sunset. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Asked for extra coffee during a chilly night and they delivered them within a few minutes. Wall heater/AC functioned well and the linen was clean. No real complaints, the rate was consistent with the area, you could save more money elsewhere but the east bay can get a little dodgy in areas so do your homework. Also, staying in the city in much more expensive and parking rates can be outrageous.

Room Tip: Ask for marina view. Note - the drive away from the marina is an extremely bumpy road; suggest havin...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
There is nothing quite like a baseball game in the springtime, but combine that with a day trip to to explore wine country and you have the makings of a perfect getaway! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina and found our location ideal for getting around the area. The East Bay and the marina offer such a picturesque views and it is great that you enjoyed them from our hotel. Our associates will be so happy to know that they left you with a positive impression of their efficient service. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were a bit disappointed by this hotel. It is definitely outdated. The rooms are very small and average. They said we were upgraded, but got a courtyard view. On their website they offer refrigerators in the rooms - this is not the case. You have to request one when booking. The toilet was not working and kept bubbling up. The best thing about this hotel is it's location and the staff. Stay away from the on-site restaurant as we got sick from the food. I would recommend going to Skates on the Bay instead. Same prices, but the quality of the food and the wait staff are much much better.

Room Tip: request a room with the view of the Golden Gate bridge - these are limited and cost more, but well w...
Green Features: Environmentally friendly hotel; however, the maid insisted to change our sheets every day (3 night stay)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel. It is regrettable that you felt disappointed with your overall experience or if you found any issues in your guest room. As you mentioned, we are happy to provide refrigerators upon request. Please know that our associates are always available should something arise and your comments will certainly be shared with our Management team. We ask that you accept our sincerest apologies for those things that were amiss and for any inconveniences you may have experienced. Your feedback and suggestions will be utilized as we refresh our commitment to customer satisfaction and the comfort of our guests. It is our hope that we would be able to welcome you back again for a stay that exceeds your expectations. Thank you.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The setting is lovely, although once you are in your room, it doesn't much matter if you don't face the harbor. Rooms are small but nicely decorated, mine was clean enough, bed was very comfortable. Rather expensive for a Doubletree but that seems to have to do more with Berkeley than anything else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. While we are glad to know you enjoyed our location and the beauty of the areas surrounding our hotel, we apologize if you feel the value did not match your expectations. Please know that we feature many valuable packages when booking through our website for affordable options for all of our guests. We do hope you will consider another stay.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you need to be in the Berkeley area, this is a great hotel. There is plenty of parking, there are short hiking trails near by, it is very close to the highway, and the harbor is serene.

Service was excellent. The front desk staff is very accommodating. The staff at both the restaurant and bar are excellent, and the food and drink prices are reasonable.

The only reason it's not five stars is that the hotel is a bit old. The doorways are smallish, there is a little wear on the structure (not surprising given the harsh weather in the San Francisco area), and the stall in the men's room of the spa was missing a door.

The room was standard size, and the kingsize bed was very soft.

Would I stay here again? Yes.

Room Tip: The bay side is better if you like waking up to nice views.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We couldn’t be happier to learn that you find the service at the Doubletree by Hilton Berkeley Marina to be, as you put it, excellent! We strive in perfection in all we do and it is wonderful to know that you felt so well accommodated during your stay. We do apologize if any areas of our property were in need of attention while you were visiting and will be sure that our Maintenance team is made aware of any concerns. We look forward to seeing you again for your next visit to Berkeley.
Federal Way, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I recently traveled to visit my son at UC Berkeley and came across this hotel while trying to find a place that was reasonably close to the campus. My last visit to another hotel near campus was a very mediocre experience, no parking and poor quality rooms. So I was looking for another location that wasn't too sky-high in price. The DoubleTree seemed to fit the bill.

This is a very large complex, located a couple of miles from town on the water's edge near a large park. The staff at the front desk was friendly and efficient. The hotel was hosting a conference and was very heavily booked however, and they placed me at the end of building three on the ground floor. Its a really long walk down a couple of long corridors, inside and out. Since I had multiple bags I had to make the trip back and forth twice. I'd made my reservation months before, so I can only assume that they gave the conference goers the better (closer) rooms.

The rooms are nicely appointed and clean. My only negative was that the room was rather dark, even on a sunny day owing I think in part to the fact that its patio door opened to a small enclosed courtyard that was in shade itself.

The hotel is quite a ways from the campus so you so you must rely upon the shuttle to get downtown or drive back and forth. Parking is a problem in the main campus are so I used the shuttle and I'm glad to say that it was reliable and quick.

I had breakfast in the restaurant for two mornings, and I can only say that although the staff is friendly it seemed rather disorganized. No one to greet you to be seated, once they figured out I was there they didn't seem to quite what to do with a single person. It was pretty clear that they weren't set up to serve individual meals, they expected you to pay for the buffet. There was a 'lite' buffet for $12 that was in fact, very 'lite' or the full buffet for $18. The first day I had the lite, then switched to the full the second day, as I realized that as high as $18 was for mediocre scrambled eggs in a large serving pan, it was better than the meager 'lite' option. Overall, as a single traveler I felt that this was the weakest part of the hotel as the staff just didn't know how to deal with me. At one point I got up from my seat to go back to the fruit section of the buffet. I was tackled by an employee who thought I was leaving without paying my check. To be fair, he did apologize when I explained that my intent was to get some fruit.

This hotel has great access to running and walking trails in the wildlife sanctuary park surrounding the hotel grounds. Some of my naturalist friends suggest that I look for the burrowing owls that live nearby, but I didn't have time for scouting them out.

I enjoyed my stay here and was able to do all that I needed to on campus with a minimum of fuss, which was what I really needed. I will likely go back here again, but will ask that I not be placed in a room located at the far end of the complex and will be better prepared for how to deal with the breakfast situation. :)

Room Tip: don't let them put you out at the end of building 3. Its a looong walk!
Green Features: didn't notice that much... but maybe that was a good thing.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are so appreciative of your detailed feedback of your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, thank you! Berkeley is definitely Bear Country and it is great that you were able to enjoy a visit to your son at UC Berkeley with the added convenience of our complimentary shuttle service. Our guest rooms offer varying views, but it is regrettable if you were not completely impressed. One of our Associates is always happy to help you determine which accommodations would make you most comfortable. Please accept our apologies if your breakfast dining experience missed the mark. We will be sure to share your comments with everyone here to ensure that their service is all that it should be for our valued guests. It is our hope that you have the opportunity to visit again.
Ventura CA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The non-working elevator in my building was a true inconvenience. The bed was quite comfortable as were the choice of pillows. Television stations were rather limited; there was no old movies channel. The view of the marina from the dining room was nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We are so glad to have welcomed you for your recent workshop stay with us. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the comfort of our Sweet Dreams by Double Tree bedding as well as the views from our windows. We always hope to provide the very best to our guests and with that, we do apologize if you encountered any inconveniences during your stay. It is our hope that any issues you mentioned regarding the elevator or television channel choices was not too much of a hindrance. We would love to see you again.