“Convenient”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
Toulouse, France
“Convenient”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is convenient for a business stay provided that you have a car. Not far from downtown Berkeley and University (about 10 mn). Very close to the highway access. Wifi is good. The breakfast is basic but convenient. The outdoor pool is small but very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I'm pretty sure my bathroom wasn't cleaned for the three days I stayed as there was an item on the floor from the moment I checked in until I checked out. Walls are really thin and apparently this is the hotel where men go to argue with their wives over the phone. I heard every word of several conversations.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank LMac716

Travellers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

Goodyear
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked two of my business travelers in this hotel last week. They just told me that the front desk gave one of them keys to an occupied room. The female occupant was in the shower when my client walked in. The occupant was very shaken up. What a frightening thing to happen! The least they could have done is give them both a free night's stay for this HUGE lack of attention to detail. They offered nothing. Also, it seemed like people were living there as there were a lot of dogs around and the hallways smelled of many unidentified horrible odors. There was a distinct aroma of marijuana in the hallways as well. It was very noisy at night from the other hotel guests. They also reported that half of the lights in the rooms did not work.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank blooknup
Oxford, England
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Maybe one shouldn't expect too much from a La Quinta Inn, but this is really a place to avoid. It's badly in need of refurbishment, worn and grubby, and the breakfast is very substandard. I was thankful I had only reserved one night, and glad to leave. Plus the shower didn't work properly. For $100 a night, one can do much better in California at this time of year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Opera-loverOxford
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 March 2014

All staff that I encountered were very friendly & polite. Miya at the front desk really stood out as she handled my reservation and assisting another guest that was having difficulty with his room.

My room was clean and it was very quiet considering that my window faced busy University Avenue. The queen beds were comfortable and I didn't expect to have the large mini fridge and microwave; I was traveling with a 6' 14 year old boy that needed a place to keep his snacks fresh.

My son enjoyed a breakfast consisting of Belgium waffles, French toast, yogurt, sausge, fresh fruit and pastries. Yes, he ate it all!

Overall, a good value and a good place for all, especially for families.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Riverbank, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I booked and prepaid for a two nights stay but then when we checked in they charged us again for the two nights. We had to go back down to the front desk to get those charges removed. Then the next day we were resting in the room when housekeeping started harassing us to check out; we told them we had one more night. Then the front desk called to tell us to check out; we reminded them we had one more night. So we went down to the front desk to get it fixed. They apologized and told us they lost our second nights reservation and booked the room. They told us we could stay but we were so fed up by then we just wanted to leave. A few days after we got home we noticed they charged us again for the one night. So now we have that mess to try to get fixed. This was supposed to be a romantic stress-free get away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple