1,564 results
All reviews bart station peace sign downtown berkeley parking garage street noise homeless people counter space boutique hotel two blocks key card san francisco chez panisse comfortable room definitely stay here again location was perfect rooms are small fitness center
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for a week while I was at LBNL and UC. The staff was very helpful and could not be more friendly without overdoing it. The BART station is right around the corner and there are a number of restaurants and snack shops close by. The location reminded us of Harvard Square from thirty years ago, even a great discount book store. Unfortunately that includes the homeless.
When we checked in, the first room they showed us was down a winding corridor and rather small. We asked to see another and they took us to a great room on the fifth floor. Large, comfortable and a terrific view of SF. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed during our visit to Berkely last year. The hotel was cozy and warm, though outside was a little cold. Room a bit small but got everything even a coffee maker and a decent coffee. Didnt' had a chance to take breakfast but did tried the dinner, it was not bad. Staff are nice and friendly. One of the best hotel in Berkely I'm sure.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sakon_m
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We ate in the restaurant/bar. Our dinner and drinks were fantastic. We had the prix fixe meal and it was probably the best meal we have had in years. We live in Santa Cruz, CA and are surrounded by excellent bars and restaurants but your restaurant stepped up the game.We are still telling our friends and family about it! We will be telling Yelp, net. On our last stay , we stayed in a superior king room. Beautiful and so luxurious for the amount of money spent in November. This time we called from our drive on HWY and made a reservation for a "Deluxe King"...sadly, not the same thing. The price was 215 about the same as we paid for the superior king..We felt a bit ripped off with the a much smaller room, no view and fewer in-room amenities than the last stay.We asked if there was a large tub in the room when we called and we were told there was. We were disappointed to find the standard hotel shower/tub in the room. We will get over it.But the stay and the inequity between our previous room and the one we stayed in last..kind of left a bad taste in our mouths. We will probably try another hotel to see if we can get an equal value for our money. All staff was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this place but I would warn our friends to get the Superior king room, or not bother.

Room tip: Opt for the Superior room and not the Deluxe. The "deluxe" is a standard room at a luxury cost..not worth the money
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Akibomb
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was a very nice boutique styled hotel that was clean and the personnel was friendly and helpful. It was a little difficult for us to find the entrance. It is convenient to park in the public parking garage across the street. There is a nice restaurant in the hotel. It is a little pricey but the food and the service was great. There is a Walgreens across the street for any last minute items and a Starbucks to the right just a couple blocks. I would visit again.

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I love this hotel. I have stayed here a couple of times when I have business in Berkeley. This time was perfect on almost every way. I arrived early and they checked me into a great large quiet room right away. The staff at the desk was super helpful and fun to talk to. They gave me tons of information including about a new yoga place around the corner that turned out to be great. I had dinner in the bar and the wireless was great. The two glasses of wine I ordered were fantastic. And the food was good also as was the service. My room was super comfortable and quiet - very important to me. The bed was wonderful.
So the pluses are:
If you have to stay in Berkeley this is the only choice. The Claremont may sound ritzier but I can tell you that the rooms are very noisy and it is far from downtown.
The hotel is close to everything.
There are several great coffee places around the corner that open early in the morning so even if you don't like the room coffee there is plenty nearby.
The only slight negatives are:
It is indeed in downtown Berkeley and there are a lot of homeless people in the area - get use to it - that is part of Berkeley.
The gym is very small and windowless and the TVs dis not work on all of the equipment so less than ideal.
So this is not a five star in the true sense but for Berkeley it is great.

Date of stay: January 2014