“Great Location”

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My first night, there was no hot water! They did offer me 35% off that night, but I was very disappointed that I could not shower. It was on par with staying at an $6 guesthouse in Thailand.

The breakfast was minimal but gave me enough energy to walk around to look for something better. They had frosted cornflakes and raisin bran with milk, and packaged sweet pastries. There was coffee, tea, and orange juice. There was no room to sit down and eat, as the food was presented in the lobby, but the bedrooms have a table and chairs to eat at.

The cleaning lady was quite pushy. She would actually knock at 8:00 a.m. and ask if we wanted the room clean. When we left she would catch us and ask us if she can clean the room. When we were putting our luggage in the car, she asked if we were done.

The room was clean enough. The bathroom actually had a window, which I liked. I had no bathtub, just a shower. The TV had a lot of channels. There was a Trader Joe's across the street so I bought food there and kept it in the fridge and used the microwave. The furniture was worn out and dirty and had huge stains.

The bed was very nice. The sheets were very soft and clean. Usually I am too cold in motel rooms because of the lack of blankets but there was a comforter and blanket so I was warm enough.

The air conditioner and heater worked.

The walls were very, very thin. I can hear the television and people talking just through the walls. I can hear people upstairs walking around and rolling luggage. I felt like I could even hear them talk upstairs.

Overall, it was only okay. The room was way too expensive for what we got.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Thank F. T
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a motel. It has a great location - a couple of blocks to Shattuck Ave and the Downtown Berkeley Bart station. A gas station is very nearby. The location is easy to get from I-80. The motel is clean, the beds are good, the TV is good. Good internet access. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family