“Best Cornbread!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Long Beach, California
“Best Cornbread!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was attracted to Smart Alec's name, so my family and I decided to check it out. My husband enjoyed the avocado burger and fries. My daughter ordered the caesar salad and corn bread. I ordered the potato leek soup and cornbread. The caesar salad tasted ok; I've tasted better caesar salad elsewhere. Although the potato leek soup was rich, it was very yummy. The cornbread, however, is the best cornbread I have ever tasted! I will definitely return to Smart Alec's for the corn bread, but will try another item on the menu.

• Visited April 2013

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great balance on price&food close to Berkley University”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

A nice location almost free of those big chains can make things difficult to choose where to get rid of starving and we were lucky. My son’s hamburger was above average and my sesame chicken salad was awesome ! Beyond expectations and better than many I have had on fancy places. Subtle and very tasty dressing under a perfectly cooked chicken. (Tip: there was Trip Advisor stamp on the door).

• Visited July 2013
West Islip, New York
“Great healthier 'fast food'”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

This place serves up a healthier version of fast food. The chicken avocado sandwich with added bacon was really great. Their fries were tasty too- should've ordered garlic fries but didn't want to be stinky all night. Everything was fast and good. A great choice for a quick meal.

• Visited July 2013
Murrieta, California, United States
“Good - better than average but not very good”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The garlic fries are great -especially considering they weren't fried. Our chicken burgers with avocado were OK; a chicken salad was...we'll they're not a salad place.

Not bad - but there are many options on Telegraph.

• Visited May 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Good food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is a popular place just off the campus of Cal, Berkeley. It was crowded for lunch and had been recommended to us by more than one person. Varied menu with fresh ingredients, large portions. I had the chinese chicken salad, it was fresh and big enough to split with another person. The place has a family owned, college town feel, the kind of place you want to see do well in a college town and clearly there are many repeat customers.

• Visited April 2013