Rose Garden Inn
US$309
  • Pool
US$212
  • Breakfast included
Berkeley Rodeway Inn(Berkeley)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$143
TripAdvisor
Marina Inn(Berkeley)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgas fireplacedifferent buildingstelegraph avequaint hotelbreakfast includedcookiesfree parkinguc campuswe've stayedberkeley areabart stationcharmbay
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Unique hotel made up from old buildings clustered around a beautiful, flowering garden. Still, the buildings (and rooms) have been maintained beautifully. Room 206 has a king bed, and two "day beds" that would work perfectly for a family. The front desk employees are wonderful. They helped us with cabs, checking in early (to dress for a wedding) all in a cheerful and helpful manner. The breakfast is hearty and fresh. The scrambled eggs were actually from real eggs; not a packaged version.
You will enjoy being part of the old Berkeley in this great hotel. You can see the campus down Telegraph, and you are near restaurants. There is room service from an outside vendor.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MJLC2011
Reviewed 4 June 2013

beautiful victorian with unique interior and varying rooms. Easy to walk downtown, to nearby flea market and to train station (where I caught a train to go to an Oakland A's game; stadium across the street from station). Funky, throwback (meant as compliment) neighborhood to walk around.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wayne s
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have been to Berkeley numerous times and stayed in many of the hotels. I did not know this place existed. My son and daughter-in-law live within a block and never realized it was here. So, tucked into a square block of a central Berkley neighborhood is this quirky little gem. My assessment is based on my room which was one of the "best" and I did not see any other rooms. I had a great view to the Golden Gate and S F. From my private balcony. My room was fine, in a Victorian converted building. The bed was comfortable (however, I would prefer a larger bed if I was sharing with someone, which I was not on this trip). The WiFi was free and adequately fast. Breakfast was included and plentiful. The price was reasonable and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor view was worth having (room 309)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jeannieray
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This hotel advertises itself as a B&B, and architecturally I suppose it is (made up out of converted older houses) but it really runs more like a hotel, which I prefer. E.g the rooms are separated, and everyone has their own bath. You can check in at any hour if your flight gets in late; etc.

The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast is good and includes eggs, sausage, bacon, etc; not just continental breakfast with cold cereal and croissants like some places. I do wish it were available earlier than 7:00 AM though. That may not matter to you, but I'm an early riser. Unlike most hotels, the free Internet works reliably and is reasonably fast.

It is not convenient (walking distance) to either BART or San Francisco, but if you want to be in Berkeley itself, this is a great place to stay and my first choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Charm H
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I was visiting Berkeley friends and wished to be nearby. It is a series of older homes made into a homey Inn. I would return anytime I am in the area. Excellent location with Nice clean rooms, and a pretty good breakfast.

Room Tip: Call ahead for reservation. Reasonable rates.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo