“This is a great hotel when you have a student at UC Berkeley!”
Review of Graduate Berkeley

Graduate Berkeley
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times before when our daughter went to UC Berkeley. 2 years later when we had the opportunity to do something in Berkeley, not far from the campus we jumped at Hotel Durant. Little did we know that it was "Game Day" but the Hotel staff was very good about letting us know. We had made the reservation on line and they emailed us right away, explaining the situation of the parking and the fact that there would be events going on there on Saturday. We arrived right when the game was over and we were still greeted warmly and nicely. If I was to do it over, I might not stay there on game day but it all worked out fine.

Room Tip: There is not a pool or a spa at this hotel. The corner suites are large. The beds are comfy. The bat...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The location is amazing. It is very close to the UC campus so if you are planning on settling into the dorms then it is a stones throw away. The food is average and there is only one restaurant. However there are a bunch of places nearby to provide options. The rooms were clean but small and old. It seems like an old heritage building.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank alsgdfkb
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here recently and had a pleasant stay at this quirky hotel. The foyer area has lot of memorabilia on the wall, including a fire damaged bra from yesteryear. The rooms are decorated in a style that would initially seem more at home in Amsterdam ie: Bong style lamps, out of focus picture of a naked couple running hanging on the bathroom wall.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were flying out of San Francisco the next day but I wanted to stay in Berkeley because I had never been there. This hotel looked like a good choice and was. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I even came back and hour after I checked out and asked to use their business center to print boarding passes. I was treated just the same as if I were still a guest. Special mention to Michael at the front desk for exceptional customer service. The bed was comfortable and the shower good. Parking in front is a hassle because taxis also use the space where guests unload. The restaurant is too loud for my tastes but it's a pub and pubs are loud. A quieter dining alternative would be welcome. The Berkeley campus is just across the street and makes for a great morning walk.

Room Tip: An upper room at the front gives a nice view of the Berkeley campus.
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed on the top floor, and for $180 a night I would say that this was a very pleasant stay. The Building is old, but has been renovated. Rooms are on the small side, but if you travel with somebody you like that isn't a problem ;-) A Boutique-Hotel atmosphere is what you get, don't go if you expect a sterile corporate Hotel.
I choose this Hotel for a 3 day trip to San Francisco. Since comparable Hotels there cost twice as much, I think I got what I paid for. Getting into SF was an easy 20 minute drive, avoiding rush hours.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from the elevators ad main street
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel is in a great location and still quiet. The rooms are charming, clean and modern. The staff is super helpful and breakfast is good too. Beds super comfortable. Overall great vibe. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed only once at this hotel. I would have rate it probably around 3 stars if not terribly handled situation with my credit card.

I was in charge of a small group of people that came there to compete in one of the Silicon Valley competitions. As there was some misunderstanding between hotel and agency that booked it, hotel did not receive proper guarantee for the rooms.

After long negotiations we ave agreed to block 100$ on my card for incidentals for all the rooms. Just few hours later card has been blocked for 1000$ and another 1000$ the following day. Without my permission and with no early warning.

It took me 2 weeks to he my money back and I never received any apology from the hotel for misuse of my credit card...

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business