1,674 results
All reviewstennis courtssteam roommeritage restaurantgrand old hotelbay viewbeautiful hotelsan franciscoold worldold schoolberkeley hillsgolden gatethe east bayfitness centerold stylevalet parkingparagonrick
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I travel all of the time, so getting a really good haircut can be challenging since I need to find a stylist wherever I happen to be. While at a conference being held at the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, CA I found Sunny. She was amazing! She immediately understood my rather difficult hair and gave me the most precision perfect haircut. I love it when I meet a stylist that is truly an expert at their craft. Sunny is incredibly knowledgeable and actually applied the right techniques for my hair. I'm not sure I've ever had such a perfect haircut.
She also shared great advice about how to take really good care of my hair given that I am always on the run.
If you are in need of a new style, a really good haircut, or want great advice for easy hair maintenance, you need to go see Sunny at the Claremont! She was brilliant and not overpriced. Many thanks to Sunny! I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CLAREMONT_H0TEL, General Manager at Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

What a wonderful review and recommendation to receive! We’re so glad that you enjoyed your time here at Claremont Hotel Club & Spa and we appreciate the kind words for our salon associates and the service you received. There is nothing quite like a fresh look and some good advice! Your comments will be shared with everyone here, particularly those you mentioned by name. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We spent three nights at the Claremont in late October, in honor of our 30th wedding anniversary. We requested a room with a Bay View, and we were not disappointed - the view was spectacular, and the first two nights we were there, the weather was extremely clear, and so we got to watch beautiful sunsets over the SF skyline and the Golden Gate from our bed. The room was quite spacious and nicely appointed. The bathroom was also quite large, well appointed, and even had double vanities. We were very impressed with how quiet the room was - we really heard very little hotel noise. The staff were all extremely welcoming and friendly and greeted us wherever we went. We would completely agree with lots of other reviewers when the say the hotel feels like it is from another era - lots of old fashioned charm and in a way, a bit of faded elegance.

Room Tip: If you can, pay the extra money for a bay view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy Anniversary! It is our greatest pleasure in being able to contribute to your special occasion from start to finish and we will be sure to acknowledge our associates for a job well done! We all strive to make sure that each guests’ encounter is personal and refreshing, ensuring that you leave more relaxed than when you came in. It’s wonderful to learn that you were completely satisfied with your experience at our historic hotel. Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your stay at The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa for your special celebration. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I always enjoy heading over to the Claremont for dinner and last night was no exception. We were celebrating our anniversary / wife's birthday and had reservations at Meritage. The whole experience was awesome from the warm welcome when we pulled up to the resort to the tremendous service during our meal from the staff.
The food at Meritage was incredible - I had the filet mignon which was cooked perfectly and my wife the tenderloin. To top it off, the souffle for dessert it a definite must!
Great job Claremont on hosting us for a special evening and I highly recommend Meritage at the Claremont for anyone looking for a great meal, great service, and awesome Bay view.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Awesome is one of our favorite words! Thank you so much for detailing your celebratory dining experience at Meritage inside The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa. We couldn’t be happier to know you found the food to be incredible and the service to be, as you put it, tremendous. Our associates will be delighted to have been a part of your special day. On behalf of everyone here, Happy Anniversary. We hope you will come and visit again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had seen pictures of this property many times, but never got around to staying there. Now we know what we have been missing. We decided to take a trip over to the “other” side of the bay for a weekend getaway, and it was a great time. Just walking into the huge and historic lobby will take your breath away. We actually had two different rooms. The first was a Bay View King, and I spent a few hours hanging out the window with my camera taking pictures of the skyline and the sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge. The room was not overly large, but was well appointed. My only negative was that it could a little warm as it faces directly into the afternoon sun. I don’t believe I would stay on this side of the hotel in the summer, but it was fine at this time of year. We had dinner at Paragon, the slightly more casual dining room at the hotel, where the food was excellent. We went for a hike in the hills behind the property, where there are some very steep trails with beautiful views. After this endeavor we had to recuperate back at Paragon with some excellent drinks and a very attentive bartender.

As a totally unexpected pleasure we ran into a gentleman on the grounds and started chatting. It turned out that he was the general manager, and we complimented him on the property. The conversation turned to the different accommodations, and propitiously the Tower Suite was available that night. He made a quick arrangement with the front desk, and we were happy to relocate. This is a fabulous room with its own private access to the top deck with a 360 degree view. I could be happy living here! We did manage to tear ourselves away from the room long enough to have dinner at Meritage, the more formal restaurant. The menu here is very well thought out with wonderful suggestions for paired wines. Everything we tried was perfectly prepared and the service was impeccable. The ambiance is quite gracious and the view of the bay from the huge windows is wonderful.

We did not get around to enjoying the spa or the wonderful pool area, but we will certainly do that on another trip, as we will definitely return here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Located high in the hills of Berkeley, The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa does indeed provide some of the most remarkable views! Thank you for sharing your review as well as your gracious account of your accommodations in not just one room but two. An upgrade to our Tower Suite is such a treat! We are delighted you have enjoyed what we have to offer including dining at both of our on-site restaurants. Next time be sure to visit to our Spa as you will not be disappointed. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again and we hope it’s soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Great old hotel with lots of charm. Our room was huge! However, the TV needed to be replaced, and there was no channel guide to go with it.
The hot water took forever to get to our room, but was fine, once it finally started.
The staff could not have been nicer. Very friendly. We ate one night at the restaurant, and it was very good, no complaints.
We would go back again when we had more time to enjoy the grounds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Bay View. The higher the floor, the smaller the room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CLAREMONT_H0TEL, Manager at Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review, it is always great to learn about what our guests enjoy while staying with us. From your account of your accommodations to your dining experience as well as the service of our associates, it seems as if you enjoyed it all and for that we are truly appreciative. We do apologize if you encountered any issues with the television in your guest room. Please know that our associates are always happy to help and we will pass along your concerns. We hope to welcome you back again to The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa.