I save up so I can treat myself and my man to a day or 2 at the Montage Beverly Hills a couple times a year, to come up from San Diego for a romantic getaway. Normally upon my arrival, I am greeted warmly and attentively. Imagine my disappointment when I drove up to the valet, and the gentleman in the brown suit (not with the hat) approached my car and first assumed I was coming for lunch. I was beaming with a smile, so happy to have arrived after the 3 hour drive up, and he was kind of snotty in his tone. I politely said, "no, I am a guest checking in." He rolled his eyes and asked about my luggage, which I said was on the back seat, and yes, I could use some help with it. Instead of the normal bell person coming with the cart to assist, this rather terse gentleman had my car driven down to the parking. I asked about my bags, and he snapped that they would be brought up, don't worry. Then he promptly left to go take a picture with his cellphone camera of the Ferrari parked in the valet area. I have never been treated so rudely at the Montage. The front desk check-in was courteous and delightful, as usual, so I felt a little better. Ismael, the bellman, came up to my room a few minutes later, but he had the wrong bags. I explained to Ismael that the terse man at the valet had them drive my bags with my car down to the parking lot. Ismael promptly went back downstairs and found them. He was very sweet.
I had booked a special spa package and was really looking forward to a relaxing spa treatment, but when I called to book just a manicure to start, I was told there were no nail services available at all that day. They should warn you when you book that certain services may not be available. I went down to the front desk to ask what else might be available, and Jennifer there quickly offered a food and beverage credit, which I happily accepted. It would give me a great opportunity to introduce some of my colleagues in my Century City office to The Montage, as a great place to come relax and also to entertain important clients. Unfortunately, that did not turn out so well.
Normally, I love the Parq Bar, and Matt Landes there does an exceptional job in treating the guests there like royalty. However, he was not there that night (it was a Wednesday) and the music in the Parq Bar was deafening and service poor. I had my colleagues meet me there so I could show them how great the Parq Bar and Scarpetta is, but there were only 5 guests in the Parq Bar that night and the loud music made it very uncomfortable. As we waited for our drinks, my guest noticed the bartender or barback picking the back of his teeth with a pencil or stick of some sort. I was mortified!!! We couldn't stand the loud music (mind you, we are all in the age 30-40 range) and that toothpick incident grossed us out, so we moved to the Library. Even in the Library, the music was still so loud, we had to shout to hear each other. We decided to close out our check and move over to Bar Scarpetta, where Paige provided top-notch service to us.
The rooms are not as loaded with amenities as they once were (they have cut back on the Agraria bath products, and do not give you the lavish amenities that the Laguna Beach Montage does), and my room was very noisy! I am not sure what has happened since the last 3 or 4 times I have stayed in the beautiful Superior Room, but there was this dinging noise everytime the air conditioning would come on, all hours of the night. It kept waking me up :( Also disappointing was finding out the Conservatory Grill balcony overlooking the Beverly Canon Gardens is no longer open for dining...I always look forward to enjoying breakfast overlooking the gardens and up into the Hollywood Hills. Not too terrible to have to settle with dining in the enclosed area by the pool, but it just isn't as special.
I most likely will stay at The Peninsula next time and give them a shot, as things at The Montage are not at the 5-star impeccable level of service I had been accustomed to by them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steps from Rodeo Drive, the luxurious Montage Beverly Hills features 201 guestrooms, inclusive of 55 suites; two restaurants including Chef Geoffrey Zakarian's debut West Coast restaurant, Georgie, and The Rooftop Grill; a 20,000-square-foot, two-story Spa Montage Beverly Hills featuring L.RAPHAEL; Paintbox, the exclusive children's program featuring themed days, indoor and outdoor activities; and a rooftop pool with breathtaking views of the Hollywood Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Montage Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills
- Montage Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Montage Hotel