“Minor Issues to Start but worth a Visit!”

Montage Beverly Hills
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Minor Issues to Start but worth a Visit!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We were here for a quick 4 day weekend to go to the AMA's and upon arrival were very impressed with the hotel. It is a beautiful building in the heart of BH. The bellhop and front desk staff are very much on top of their game. We did not touch our luggage or a door the entire time we were there. However, as soon as we checked in the staff informed us the pool was being retiled - a main reason we chose this hotel was the rooftop pool and please note there was nothing said to us upon booking that happened only two weeks prior. It wasn't a good start for us and the hotel. We got to our room, which was supposed to be an upgrade and it was facing the main road and extremely loud, there also wasn't free WIFI for guests. I would have thought a hotel of this caliber would allow for free WIFI use.

Once we explained our issues with the front desk they happily moved us the next day to a room facing the gardens. Other than that the hotel was fabulous. The bathrooms were beautiful and large. I liked the ability to control all the lights and shades in the room by the side of the bed. The turn down service was great and overall the decor was very nice. I did utilize the hotel's stylist and he was wonderful. Came right up to the room and gave us a quick overview on what we were planning to wear to the awards show and how to make ourselves look even better.

Great hotel, great location - walking distance to everything. I would stay here again - and can't wait to see how the pool looks now that it is updated.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden facing room above the 4th floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MontageBH1, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Shlinds,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. It was a pleasure to read about the wonderful experience you had with our front desk and bell staff. We are proud to have such great associates as part of our team and truly appreciate your positive feedback.

We do apologize for the pool closure and confusion regarding your room upgrade. I can only imagine how frustrating your arrival must have been, but I am pleased to learn that our team resolved it. I would like to let you know that we do, in fact, offer complimentary WiFi access for all of our guests. However, should one wish to upgrade in order to receive faster speed (primarily for streaming video), we do provide that option for an additional fee.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hermann Elger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here with some friends for a weekend in BH/LA. We could not have been happier!

As soon as we pulled in (looking like the Beverly Hillbilly's with our coolers and food), the bell staff was on it! They would not let us touch anything and had our suitcases and cooler in our room in no time. The bellman mixed up a bag (it was no big deal) and they were mortified. Nice to see that some people still care and do anything they can to fix something... which again was so minor.

Our room was a standard king room that adjoined to my friend's room. Nice and spacious! Decorated so beautiful and nice and clean. Bathroom was HUGE! One of the things that I loved about this hotel is that you do not hear anything - didn't hear toilets flushing, doors shutting, people in the hallways. I slept like a rock there. Wish all other hotels would build their rooms to be nice and sound proof. And the bed was better than any other bed I have slept in. BLISS!

The staff was friendly and helpful. Even though this hotel is in BH, I never felt like it was too "fancy" for someone who brings a cooler of booze / snacks into their room. My friends from DC really enjoyed the stay as well.

Great restaurants and shopping all within walking distance. Great location.

For a nice splurge, would totally recommend and hope to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great place to stay in BH... enjoyed 4 days of work and pleasure here .... everything is looked after here from the rooms , amenities and staff. I would stay again when visiting that part of LA. Front desk staff was excellent and everything from the bar staff to the housekeeping was friendly yet professional. Food was excellent and the location was fantastic.... Only drawback during our stay was the poll was closed for renovations but I believe you could use the Beverly Wilshire pool if needed. NBA basketball teams stay here .... says a lot about the service and quality

Room Tip: get a room with the larger balconies ..... taxi to and from the airport ranges from $55-$65.00 each...
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed at the Montage in Beverly Hills several times and each time I’m taken back by this hotel. The amenities truly having me want to come escape here as often as I can. The spa was incredible; by far my favorite part of my stay. I made sure to book an appointment for myself and a friend the minute I checked in and had a relaxing facial and full body massage. I left feeling fully pampered. To go back into my room and lay around in the plush bed was just what I needed.

They have a 24 hour Jacuzzi which is very nice due to the late nights I tend to have when I stay in Beverly Hills. The roof top pool is also absolutely to die for. I spent half the day up there enjoying the luxurious pool and lounging with a few friends over some cocktails. We also ate breakfast on the rooftop which was delicious and offered a wonderful view.

Overall their staff was nothing but helpful and friendly the whole time. Room service was fast and efficient, with the plates still hot when they arrived at our room. The boutique feel inside the hotel is just to my liking. I’ve stayed in many 5 star hotels over the years and the Montage is by far my favorite escape.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I were traveling to visit our son, living in W. Hollywood, and were recommended by friends to stay at the Montage for a long leisure weekend. Upon arrival, from the very start, we were treated like movie stars. Sara, the front desk agent, welcomed us to the hotel with her gracious smile and bubbly personality. She then escorted us to the room, rambling off details about the spa, the lobby bar, and Scarpetta Restaurant. We booked a junior suite (amazing room) equipped with a living area, sofa, two flat screen televisions, balcony, and the most delightful king size bed fitted with luxurious linen. Amenities were delivered daily - the 10 Pound Bar amenity being our favorite (aged Gouda, bacon, & candied pecans... OMG) One of the many highlights of the stay included a lovely family dinner in Scarpetta - must try the tomato and basil spaghetti! After dinner, we relaxed in Parq Bar with some Napa Cab and jazz music. The staff throughout the entire hotel were extremely knowledgable about the hotel and surrounding attractions. One of the best travel experiences period - 5 Star from every angle. I cannot wait to return, not only to visit my son, but to visit the Montage, again.

Room Tip: Junior Suite
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Montage is a beautiful hotel and very popular in BevHills; the bell staff and housekeeping staffs are excellent. But a room at a hotel of this caliber that doesn't have a full length mirror is unacceptable...Seriously, if you get the key to 223, hand it back and ask for a room that allows you to get dressed for dinner without having to drag a chair into the bathroom. And oh yes, the drapes (necessary because the room looks onto the parking lot) are electronic and only half of them worked--most frustrating. AND, the sleep function on the TV only allowed a 45 minute window to fall asleep. Why would you be stingy with time? So, the hotel has a great esthetic and an excellent location, just across the lawn from Bouchon--but demand to check out the room before checking in....I know this sounds pretty picky, but I spend too much time on the road to be really forgiving of details that are so basic-if this were Holiday Inn Express it would be one thing, but the Montage has much higher aspirations--which means details matter!

Room Tip: per above, avoid 223
Toronto
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I thought that I was walking into a Hollywood movie set, with so many model-types in the lobby, it was a lot of fun checking in. Our room on the fourth floor was facing a courtyard, so there was not much to see. However, the huge all-glass wall provided a window of sunlight. Everything worked perfectly, service was exceptional and we were treated as movie stars (at least we felt that way!). A place to see and be seen. You will not regret your stay here.

1 Thank Lawrence2300
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
Westside
Hotel Bel-Air
Hotel Bel-Air
#1 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!