“Very Nice”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Los Angeles, California
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The services and grounds of this hotel located in the heart of Beverly Hills are quite lovely. We ate at the restaurant called Bouchon across the courtyard and the food was very good. There are very nice shops on the concourse hallway. For an in-town hotel, I would recommend this as a central place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Walt Disney World, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I love this hotel...it is in a great location and it is an old and elegant hotel. I usually stayed in the four seasons but over time we found this gem and I definitely prefer this hotel. The rooms are elegant and the bar areas on both sides are beautiful. You can walk right out the door and be close to all the restaurants and shopping. Beautiful place! Service is also excellent!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pajamagirlnomad
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The location is good, the room size is adequate and well appointed. My only disappointment was the fact the balcony in our room was looking down at a not-so-aesthetically-pleasing set of buildings surrounding the hotel, but this was understandable given the fact that we booked last minute, The rooftop pool has a private and luxurious feel, which I loved.

We stayed at three different five star hotels during this trip. Montage was the most compact with limited public area, but the hotel really stood out for the quality of their service. It was truly impeccable. Everyone -- the bell boy, the front desk staff, concierge and room staff -- was extremely attentive and courteous, giving the impression that they were a much more carefully selected and trained bunch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at the Montage back in March 2014. Service and the quality of rooms exceed other properties within Beverly Hills.
Excellent gym & spa. Staff were very accommodating, helpful and professional.
A definite repeat when back in Los Angeles.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ahmed A
Santa Maria
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I visited the Montage last weekend for a quick "babymoon" before our first child arrives. From the moment we pulled into the valet, we felt relaxed and treated like royalty. We were upgraded (YAY) to a junior suite which was LOVELY with a beautiful sitting area and balcony where we enjoyed coffee each morning! The bed was just delicious the sheets made us feel like we were sleeping on clouds. The bathroom might have been my favorite part though! HUGE beautiful bathtub and wonderful shower too!. I also loved the special attention to detail, when we made the reservation, we mentioned our reason for coming and we were sent a wonderful fun amenity with bacon, cave aged cheese and candies pecans with a lovely note. Then we went into the bathroom and found a bubble bath ready for us with rose petals in the shape of a heart!
Our dinner at Scarpetta was one of the best we've ever had! From the second we sat down, we were taken such wonderful care of. When we made the reservation, I mentioned that my husband is a chef. Once we were presented with menus, our server asked if it would be alright for them to take care of the meal and if we had dietary limitations or restrictions. We let our server (Damon who is WONDERFUL!!!!) know that I was expecting, so nothing raw. Then the food came. We had 8 delicious courses of food. Do not miss the spaghetti-probably the best tomato sauce I've ever had. The polenta with mushrooms and truffle as also amazing. The lamb ragu was delicious as well. The halibut had fresh summer truffles, so I was happy with that. Our desserts were so sinfully delicious as well, a salted caramel budino and coconut panna cotta with passion fruit soup. Both so different, but perfect. Since I'm not drinking, my husband had a cocktail that he enjoyed as well as a glass of red wine and glass of the moscato with dessert. I enjoyed a wonderful cappuccino with dessert as well.
After dinner we were taken into the kitchen for a tour and to meet the Executive Chef...while walking in, Jonathan, the restaurant manager handed my husband a glass of champagne which so thoughtful. This is definitely the most beautiful kitchen I have seen for a restaurant-window and all! Overall, a fantastic experience where I would change nothing and do it again!
We enjoyed the roof pool as well. All the attendants were friendly, accommodating and sweet. They even brought me a special pillow to elevate my feet! The restaurant at the pool is also quite good.
This was our first stay at Montage and we cannot wait to return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I felt so spoiled. I thought it would be difficult traveling and staying in an hotel with a 1.5 year old but they made it so easy. Crib was brought up and every time we ordered room service they brought a high chair and took it away afterwards. My son made a mess eating and I was so stressed about it and the maids were charming and sweet and never looked annoyed about the extra work. Looking forward to staying there for a romantic weekend one day!

• Stayed December 2013
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Regardless of the rate you pay, it is well worth it. Our room was well appointed, and had a very comfortable bed. We were lucky enough to get a room that overlooked the Beverly Canon atrium (or park). Every night the turndown service was here without fail and the chocolates left by the bedside were there.
I will go so far as to say that this was a new favorite for them helping me to even propose to my partner of 13 years. I had searched online for the ring, and had to buy a different one. I left it with the front desk due to a pressing appointment at LAX, I asked if there was anything we might be able to arrange to make it special. Kim and Tiffany were excellent at the front desk. Kim actually called me twice while on the way out to arrange everything I had wanted. We settled on a tray with desserts from their pastry chef, a half a bottle of champagne and a single rose. We had also discussed having a rose petal bubble bath awaiting us as well. So when I returned from LAX, my partner and I left for dinner and came back a scant hour and a half. In that time they got the room setup and had everything ready and made my proposal even more memorable than I could have on my own.
The valet service is excellent, and very fast as well.
For the same price I can either stay at Disneyland and get less than ⅛ of the the amenities or come here and feel pampered and unique. I'll choose here every time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Westside
Hotel Bel-Air
Hotel Bel-Air
#1 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!