“Quirky But Very Nice”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
San Diegan
“Quirky But Very Nice”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Unless you're on an unlimited budget the two choices in the neighborhood are the Beverly Wilshire and this place. The Beverly Wilshire has the better facility but what separates the two is the Crescent's five star service staff. They were simply over-the-top.

I would recommend to others for a short stay in west LA.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chamberry
Guest Care T, Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Over the top service is our goal! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us so much.
We look forward to welcoming you back in 2014! Thanks again for such a kind review. James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
london
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Small hotel. All the staff extremely polite and helpful. Nice little bar and Jazz nights on Thursday evenings. Location is 2 mins walk to main shops. Parking lot down the road half the price of Valet.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
I'm glad you like our style! We love it too. Thank you for commenting our wonderful staff. It is always our aim to make our guest feel welcome and at home. Please come see us again. James
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I am SO excited to have come upon this hotel and will definitely be back! I typically stay with friends when coming here but could not on this stay so did a little research. I read the reviews but was not concerned and really found them to be unfounded.
This property feels like you are staying in a beautiful old Beverly Hills mansion that has been renovated and staffed with people that are truly dedicated to making your stay wonderful!
From the moment I checked in I was made to feel like a celebrity...typically I hold on to my luggage when I check into a hotel but they simply would not hear of it. You did not get the impression the vale was doing it for just a tip, he made me feel that he just did not find it acceptable for a woman to carry her bags up the few steps into the small lobby! I was then escorted by the valet and the gentleman at the front desk to my room while also being given a tour of their bar/lounge area (which was lovely).
The room is small but modern and well appointed. The bed was comfortable but I would have liked a couple of extra pillows as the ones provided looked like they were for a child.
The bathroom is small as well but I loved the cement floor and whatever patina was coated on the walls...I have a beach house and I want it for my bathroom as it looks like wet sand.
The thermostat is a little difficult to figure out and there was cold air blowing out of the vent, I mentioned it when I came back from dinner on my first night and someone at the desk immediately came to my room to adjust the temp and close the vent. A few minutes later another gentleman arrived with a space heater but I declined that (it was really nice of them though and the man kept saying he wanted to make sure I was comfortable).
The lounge is very comfortable for both the late night drink I had after dinner and the interviews I needed to conduct in the morning. There is a very nice outdoor area but alas it rained most of my time there so I could not enjoy it.
The location is perfect and literally in the middle of everything you would want to see or go to in Beverly Hills!
Upon departure I was given madeline cookies which I enjoyed on my flight back to NYC, it was the perfect sweet ending to a lovely stay. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Laurenkarl
Guest Care T, Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am always eager to hear from our guest. We are here to ensure you have a wonderful stay and are ready to see to all of your needs. I am so glad to hear that your concerns were quickly addressed. We love taking care of our guests and especially seeing them return. Come see us again soon!
Monroe, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was my first trip to the west coast and I had an amazing time. The crescent hotel was without a doubt one of time nicest places I stayed. The service was great everyone was so helpful and kind. The food was delicious and their was a nice variety of meals from breakfast to dinner. The lobby was very spacious, comfortable, and plenty of room for the whole family. Outside on the deck was incredible with all the couches and places to eat. The heaters outside had to be my favorite thing because when it got a little cold at night it warmed everything up. Making dinner a fascinating experience and all in all the crescent hotel made my trip to the west coast a spectacular time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to share with the chef how much you enjoyed your meals. Evenings on the terrace can be very special and I'm glad this was your experience. I hope that you will make many more trips to the west cost and especially to Beverly Hills! Please come and see us again.
Chula Vista, Ca.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Crescent Hotel is truly a Diamond set in the midst of a city full of gems. This was our third trip back to this charming and unique boutique hotel and this time was the best thus far. The changes they have made, some subtle, some dramatic, have only added to the atmosphere one expects and appreciates in Beverly Hills. To have the service and food being equally impressive makes this place the perfect getaway.

Denise and Bart

Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Better than before great service good food comfortable & clean 2 blocks from Rodeo Drive. A reasonable rate. We shall return next year.the new entrance on Brighton st opens out a larger area for food & drinks with the warmth of the new style heaters. A very relaxing California feeling. Jim & Lita

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Located in Beverly Hills, this hotel has such a cute atmosphere about it. Upon check-in, my two friends and I received a complementary glass of wine. The rooms are quite small but tastefully decorated. I would stay here again if I return to L.A.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends