“An Oasis of Cool and Calm”

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Toronto, Canada
“An Oasis of Cool and Calm”
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Exceptional service, exquisite dining and a beautiful outdoor lounge with a cool vibe makes this beautiful hotel a calming oasis within walking distance of all Beverley Hills famous sights.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tmackeigan
PradeepRaman, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 7 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Avalon hotel and for taking the time to write your comments. I am very pleased to hear that numerous instances lead to a very satisfying stay for you at the hotel. Such comments are important to us as we continue to provide exceptional service and comfort levels to our guests.

Thank you very much again and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Avalon hotel in the not too distant future.

Pradeep Raman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
El Segundo, California
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I was in a room that required me to cross an alley - uncovered to get to another building - seems weird and not fun in the rain. My room was fine - nothing special. The size was good but there was really no place to sit except the bed and clearly there was enough space for a comfortable chair. Nice flatscreen TV. The toiletries are great but you cannot take them with you ($65) charge since they come in large containers. The bed has a duvet - but no top sheet - so it was rather warm. There are great places to eat in the area - I had hoped to enjoy their happy hour - BUT found out they were closed that night (as was the pool) since they were having a private party.
The buildings are clear old mote/apartments converted and some of the retro is fun and some is just silly (open light bulbs in the somewhat dingy hallways). I had a rotten experience at the front desk. I had been patiently waiting for a woman to check in - and had stepped back to so as not to crowd the transaction. When the woman left - theclerk allowed a man that just walked up to take my turn and then get involved with some complicated issues regarding a package delivery - all because this guy was cute and flirty - really? When I finally was acknowledged - I asked for a coffee maker to be delivered to my room. I left to go get dinner. When I arrived back from dinner - still no coffee maker. When I went down again...you would think she would remember that she was supposed to get me a coffee maker...no just a blank look. I reminded her about the coffee maker and I swear you would think I was asking this for the FIRST TIME - oh, I am sorry, I forgot. Geez - not impressive service.
I did have wine and tapas the next day and they were both good at the restaurant.
Overall, not impressed.
The photos are better than the real thing - it looks larger than it is.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write about your experience. I am sorry to hear that numerous instances lead to a less than satisfying stay for you.

Rest assured, we will investigate this and make amends to the levels of service provided to you. All the employees at the Avalon take immense pride in providing all our guests with a memorable experience based on highly personalized service and I am sorry that we were not able to provide that for you.

We thank you for the feedback and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Avalon in the not too distant future.

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Avalon Hotel is a small, friendly boutique hotel. The location is great, the rooms are clean, the price is reasonable and the atmosphere is fun. The staff is friendly, capable and professional. We have stayed at the Avalon several times and will continue to do so

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Avalon hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write your comments.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. I am also very happy to hear that you found all our employees to be friendly and willing. We at the Avalon hotel take pride in providing every guest with a memorable experience and I am glad that we did for you.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Avalon hotel in the not too distant future.

Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 28 February 2011

The entire staff at the Avalon went above and beyond to give us an amazing experience. We brought friends together from around the world for a week in LA and after a day or so found the Avalon to be the perfect location. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The resturant has an amazing atmosphere and the Sunday happy hour was tops!

I would certianly recomend this hotel for both business and pleasure!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest at the Avalon hotel and for taking the time to write your comments. I am very happy to hear that you found your stay up to your satisfaction.

All our employees at the Avalon hotel take pride in providing every guest a memorable experience based on highly personalized service. I am thrilled to see that we just did that with your stay.

Thank you and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Avalon hotel in the not too distant future.

Sydney
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Stayed there just for one night at the end of our 7 nights in LA due to to a last minute change in flight plans back to Australia. Booked through hotwire and got a great rate. The hotel is an older style building but looks recently refurbished and has a funky retro chic vibe and cute little pool area with palm trees and seating nooks. We had a room in the annex building across the street behind the hotel. Room was large and very comfortable and nicely decorated. Bathroom wasn't quite as impressive - although clean and functional it clearly looked like a limited amount had been spent on the fit out and didn't quite match the style & standard of the bedroom. Staff we encountered were friendly and professional. Location was more of a residential area within walking distance of Rodeo Drive but not on a major bus artery as far as we could work out.
All in all a trouble free and comfortable stay in a cute retro chic environment.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
PradeepRaman, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write your comments. We appreciate your comments. The hotel rooms are being renovated and we are confident that our finished new product would be well received by all our guests. We have started getting numerous positive comments on our new room product by guests who have experienced them thus far. I am very happy to hear that you found all our colleagues were very friendly and professional.

I wish to thank you again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Avalon hotel in the not too distant future.

Deggendorf, Germany
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Very good service, excellent food, nice rooms, very good located to walk to Rodeo Drive

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
PradeepRaman, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being our guest at the Avalon hotel and for the very positive comments. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.

I do hope that your future travels to Beverly Hills brings you back to the Avalon. We will be thrilled to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

With best wishes for the reminder of the year.

Pradeep
Indian Wells, California
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I planned a celebration for my daughter at the Avalon Hotel. Allison in Sales made the arrangements seem easy, Oliver greeted us at the front desk when we checked in and introduced us immediately to Peter the Director of F&B who thoughtfully helped me select the wine and the food. The cabana by the pool was a perfect location and our waiter Mathew was everywhere at once making sure that everyones' needs were attended to. It was a perfect evening thanks to the extraordinary care and attention to detail and the wonderful service we received from everyone at the Avalon Hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
PradeepRaman, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 24 January 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest at the Avalon and for taking the time to write this review. I am thrilled to hear that numerous instances lead to a memorable experience for your guests and yourself.

All our employees at the Avalon hotel take extreme pride in providing each and every guest with an exceptional experience based on highly personalized service and I am so happy that all my colleagues, Allison, Oliver, Peter and Matthew were able to provide that for you. I will certainly communicate your very kind words with them.

I wish to thank you and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your guests back to the Avalon hotel in the not too distant future.