Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$577
  • Pool
SIXTY Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$422
US$279
SixtyHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Beverly Terrace(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$302
  • Breakfast included
Sirtaj Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$261
  • Restaurant
The Peninsula Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$753
US$690
  • Pool
Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$269
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Beverly Hilton(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$368
US$317
  • Restaurant
Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$263
  • Breakfast included
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$557
US$459
  • Room Service
US$709
US$679
  • Pool
All reviewsmain buildingmid centuryrodeo drivemarilyn monroepool areathe penthouseglass of champagnevalet parkingresidential areanice boutique hotellos angelesvalet servicela areawest hollywoodsanta monicaretrohip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I really liked Avalon's location. A 15 minute walk to several restaurants/cafes at Beverly Blvd. and a 20 minute walk to Rodeo Drive. Don't bother about it, I felt very safe walking late at night in Beverly Hills. The service was impeccable and attentive at every interaction, from the valet parking to the housekeeping. I only expected more from the accomodations. Since it's a historic building transformed into a classy hotel, some limitations of the original building remains such as very small valet parking entrance, separated buildings (luckly I stayed at the main one), restaurant around the pool hurts guests privacy or uneven cement floor. I believe I've got a great deal using Priceline, so I was definitely worth the visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tijs K, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Henrique S,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your most recent stay with us, here at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed our location and that you took the opportunity to explore our immediate surroundings by visiting South Beverly and Rodeo Drive. I was also delighted to learn that you found the service you received to be impeccable at every interaction throughout your experience.

Indeed, our building holds a tremendous amount of history which reflects on the design and overall vibe of the property. We continuously explore opportunities to improve our product to ensure an outstanding experience for all of our guests.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for staying with us and for posting this review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Not as nice as it looks. The lobby and reception area is nice, staff is friendly and helpful. That's about as far as positives go for me. I had to go outside through an alley to get to my building and was afraid at night while alone (key card never worked until 3x either). Lighting in the elevator and hallway was dark and dingy. The drain in my sink and tub both drained slow, (gross!) so I was standing in inches of water during my shower.

The decor was almost 80's, cold, not homey or inviting at all. Drapes were on some old rusty bar- hard to pull them closed. Also didn't realize parking was $30 a day and you have to valet (which means you have to have cash for a tip every time you come and go.) Bed was pretty comfortable and the pool area seemed nice, but I was expecting much more from this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to not be in the weird, dark building detached from the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary S

Dear Mary S,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments of your most recent experience with us.

I was delighted to note that you appreciated our lobby space and its mid-century modern design by Kelly Wearstler and that you found our beds to be comfortable and the pool area to provide a great vibe. I was however dismayed to learn about your disappointment with your room. Indeed, we offer three unique buildings that each have their advantages that we regrettably did not match with your needs on this occasion. The team and I certainly wish to extend our sincerest apology in this regard.

We hope that you will allow us another chance and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. On behalf of all of us at the Avalon, thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing the Avalon on this occasion.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

If you can combine a Hollywood Museum with a High Class Boutique Hotel in Beverly Hills just seconds from Rodeo Drive, you have the Avalon. To begin, the service is impeccable & it is clear the staff, every one of them, desires to make you feel happy, welcome & important. I run a 5-Star rated Museum in NYC & I can tell you whoever trained this staff did their job well. I have never experienced professionalism like this in a hotel. Next, the fact that you are swimming and/or sunning in the exact hourglass pool that Marilyn Monroe, Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball frolicked is mind blowing - nothing has changed in 60 years. A Google of Marilyn Monroe shows her at the pool. At night, the pool area and it's moody lighting mixed with the surrounding restaurant tables makes for a perfect meeting place for business. The rooms are very nice, trendy deco, comfy bed. The suite has a private balcony to yourself facing the morning sun so if you have morning meetings & no time for the pool but want 10-20 minutes of sun in a private setting before jetting to a meeting, this is worth the few extra bucks. I do agree the valet overnight parking is a wee bit steep & it'd be a nice gesture if they'd drop it to $20 or $25 over night. My car rental was $45 a day so if you add $31 a day in valet parking plus the $3-$4 tip you give the porter each time (2-3 times a day) you drop off & pick up your car you are talking big bucks. Hotels ARE a business of course but once again, if they were to get the overnight valet charge into the $20's it'd be a nice gesture. Valet does get your car fast. There are few things the Avalon can improve on, minor things, but them again if you stare at a pint of Ben n' Jerry's ice cream long enough you can also find some criticisms that in the end won't overshadow the beauty of the ice cream - such is the case of the Avalon Hotel. Lastly, you can feel the old Hollywood feel when at the Avalon, the history is in the walls and energy present. In my opinion it beats the craziness of an uber trendy hotel near Hollywood Boulevard. One reviewer wrote that the hotel was "creepy." It isn't creepy - it simply has it's own heartbeat & pulse - it's own energy that represents 60 years of tenants, celebs & tourists, all nuzzled away in Beverly Hills. Even the maid service also was exceptional as the way she laid out my items after cleaning the room was far above average and creative.

Room Tip: The suite has a private sunning balcony which is nice. The pool closes very early, at 6pm, so as not to disrupt the restaurant experience surrounding the pool. If you have a GPS from Hertz it has trouble "finding" the hotel on Olympic Boulevard so remember the hotel is located very close to the gas station. Don't re-fuel your car at the gas stations near the hotel or you will pay Beverly Hills prices ($4.69 gallon) - drive into West Hollywood to get "normal" gas prices. The Avalon restaurant makes a great cappucino if you want to sit poolside & get caught up with friends. Kudos to the front desk for going the extra step on everything.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank groundzeromuseum
Tijs K, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear groundzeromuseum,

WOW! Thank you for sharing such amazing comments regarding your most recent stay with us. The story of your Avalon experience couldn’t signify any better how we endeavor all of our guests to experience our property and services.

I am tremendously delighted that you appreciated the history that our building brings to life and that you enjoyed the way the mid-century design was preserved in a modern and trendier fashion.

The team and I wish to thank you for choosing the Avalon Hotel for your most recent visit to Beverly Hills and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The Hotel has a very nice atmosphere, with many rooms facing the central small pool. It is a relaxing place. The rooms have space and bedding is excellent. The bathroom is also nice.
I was given room 315, which is close to the ventilation shaft.
For some reason, it is noisier inside the room than outside, and it feels like you are IN the ventilation shaft. A very friendly staff proposed another room.
I guess that the 215 below has the same problem. I did not check the other side of the hotel.
That said, this old fashioned stylish hotel is a good solution in this area.

Room Tip: As I said, not 315 & 215 Not all the rooms face the pool; hence request these ones. Those facing the street bear no interest.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank icbernard

Dear icbernard,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post this review and share your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the vibe around our signature hour-glass pool. I’m sorry to hear that the room you were allocated initially was not up to your expectations, however I was pleased to note that a swift resolution was provided by our Guest Service team.

On behalf of the entire Avalon Team, thank you for staying with us and again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I've just returned form a week long trip to LA and Vegas with my wife. She turned 40 this year and the trip was a special treat for her. I stayed at the Avalon earlier this year and mentioned to the front desk I'd be back with my wife in November for her birthday. They must have put a note on the system because when we arrived we received a room upgrade. We got our own balcony. Thank you!

The guys and gals that work at the Avalon form the valet to the gardeners, technicians, manager and front of house staff are all delightful, friendly and very helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are very comfortable and tastefully decorated. The Avalon also has one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in.

The restaurant is great. I really enjoyed eating breakfast by the pool. The Avalon is tranquil and ideally situated in the heart of Beverly Hills. It is a bit sedate and the bar is closed by 11pm. You need a car to get around this part of LA, so be warned! Valet parking is $30 per night. Pretty standard for Beverly Hills and Hollywood.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask to be situated in one of the quads rather than in the hotel itself where the rooms are situated around the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tijs K, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear JeromeMaz76,

Thank you for sharing such lovely comments following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that our services and overall vibe did indeed impress you during your first stay and prompted you to return on this very special occasion.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for choosing the Avalon. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,