“Fantastic stay, superb staff and beautiful hotel!”

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at the Avalon in early June 2014 for the first time and it is now my favourite hotel in Beverly Hills! The staff are incredibly helpful, extremely polite and attentive and helped make my stay a great experience. The Oliverio restaurant is superb and the hotel itself is creatively and beautifully designed. Highlights were the valet car team, the front desk staff, my large room, the food, the location and I look extremely forward to coming back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank clarkew
Matthew B, Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear clarkew,

Thanks for sharing such lovely comments following your recent stay with us, here at Avalon Beverly Hills.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we were delighted to learn that you enjoyed our amazing restaurant Oliverio at Avalon Hotel and our spacious and comfortable guest rooms!

I was certainly pleased to read your comments about the service provided by our dedicated teams who work tirelessly to ensure our guests receive the absolute best experience possible.

Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have stayed at the Avalon Hotel on several business trips and have always enjoyed my stays! The staff is respectful, attentive and helpful. The rooms are very contemporary and beautifully uncluttered. If you enjoy stepping into today's Retro-Decor of the 60's, the Avalon is your place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Matthew B, Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Christine K,

It was a pleasure having you back with us and we were delighted to learn that you enjoyed our retro Beverly Hills hideaway!

I was certainly most excited to read your kind note about our amazing staff and the iconic designs of Kelly Wearstler.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I can't say enough good things about my stay. I stayed with two friends in the Jr. Suite and it was clean and large and nicer than I could have ever expected. Staff was very friendly from the front desk to the doormen. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Lauramby83,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your recent Avalon experience.

We were certainly delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay in one of our fabulous junior suites and even more pleased to receive such great comments about our dedicated service teams.

From all of us at Avalon Beverly Hills, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to LA and I was a bit confused as to the best parts to stay so I thought I would play it safe and stay in fancy Beverly Hills. Going by reviews of the Avalon I decided to stay two nights here and I am so glad I did. Parking is valet only and costs $31 per day unless you have a hybrid car and then they half it to $15.50. The guys at reception did not know anything about this discount however it is listed on the green initiative pages of their website and they had no problem honouring the discount once I brought it to their attention.

The location of the hotel is excellent if you want to browse around Beverly Hills and rodeo drive. Local celebrity hang out Urth Cafe is just around the corner and is always a lively place to get a drink. Cheesecake Factory is about 10 mins walk away and is a great place to go for dinner but beware of the MASSIVE portions!

The rooms at the hotel were a decent size however the bathrooms are a little on the small side. The Art Deco styling is constant throughout and it really does feel genuine and real with a sense of history rather than just a style gimmick.

There is a heated pool which is massively underused by the guest however it is one of the warmest I have ever been in, it is also nice and deep at 9ft in the deep end. It is surrounded by restaurant seating and the hotel is often used as a location for a number of parties during the day and night so it can be a bit awkward for swimmers as the will be a number of dressed up people having drinks right at the poolside while you are having a dip. If you are a morning swimmer you shouldn't have an issue.

All the staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and friendly and I would definately return to the Avalon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dazz83
Matthew B, Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Dazz83,

Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely comments about your most recent stay with us, here at Avalon Beverly Hills.

It was a delight to read your review and learn about your experience in Beverly Hills. We were certainly most excited to hear about your poolside experience, our team of amazing colleagues, our commitment to sustainability and that you enjoyed our iconic Kelly Wearstler designed retro hideaway.

We hope to see you back soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed in a premium double room and the room was fantastic. The size of the room and bathroom was huge and the beds very comfy. Avalon is a 10 minute walk to Rodeo Drive. The staff were lovely and helpful however we were disappointed that we requested a wake up call and no one called us. Luckily I woke up to the sound of the sprinklers starting or we would have missed our bus to Vegas.
The restaurant is really nice out by the pool with the mini fires but the food portions are tiny and the menu has limited options. For the price I would dine elsewhere. Overall we were very happy with Avalon and I would stay here again for sure. Two suggestions to make the rooms a bit better would be towel rails in the bathroom so you have somewhere to hang the towels once you used them and lights. There are no lights only lamps making the room quite dark.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Tijs K, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Aimee H,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your recent Avalon experience.

We were certainly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you were in particular pleased with the service you received from our colleagues. Indeed, our pool vibe at night with the fire pits provides an outstanding venue for dinner or a poolside cocktail.

Tijs Klerx
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2014

When I learned that Priceline assigned us to the Avalon Hotel I was a little leery. I have been traveling to the Beverly Hills/West LA/West Hollywood area since I was a teenager and I had never heard of it. I looked at the TripAdvisor website and thought it sounded okay. I also thought some of the pictures were a little strange in that the place looked old.

Here is my reality: The staff is a strong point. The were most gracious and anxious to please us. We stayed at the Avalon for four days and they were always helpful, friendly, and quick to respond. The location was perfect for our needs. My family lives in the area and it took no time at all to get to where we were going, even with LA traffic. It was 1/2 an hour less travel time from when we have stayed in West Hollywood--each way!

The room was clean, large and the bed was comfortable. There was adequate lighting and a good number of electrical outlets to charge our various devices. The safe in the room was barely large enough to fit an envelope, much less an iPad or two. It was "okay", and certainly better than nothing.

We had a king room with a balcony. The balcony was a nice touch but the two lounge chairs appeared discolored so we didn't use them. I believe the hotel has three separate buildings. Overall, we were glad to have stayed in the Beverly Tower as it is quiet. The rooms in the main building could get loud when there are nighttime events in the pool area.

The toiletries in the rooms are good products. The containers are refillable, which was fine with me as I understand they are greener. The air conditioner unit in the ceiling was effective in cooling the room, but it was loud. It was an issue but not a big issue.

I am a coffee drinker in the morning. Like some other LA hotels, the coffee isn't available in the room, but is is complimentary when you go down to the main lobby during specific morning hours. The coffee was good, but, since we were staying in a separate building we had to open three doors to get to the main lobby...two of them locked for security and requiring a key. Quite the juggling act. We had to get one coffee at a time or both go down to retrieve them. I might suggest a tray of some sort to help make this easier for those of us who drink our morning brew while getting dressed.

The retro furniture was fine except for the unique, round desk chair. If you are sitting at the desk to work on a computer it wasn't comfortable or natural.

We did not make use of the hotel restaurant on this trip.

Overall, we had a good stay and felt safe at the Avalon Hotel after the first day. There are some good reasons to stay at this hotel. Some minor improvements would make it better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank edyrp
Tijs K, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear edyrp,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post this detailed review of your recent experience with us, here at Avalon Beverly Hills.

Indeed, I am immensely proud of our team here at the Avalon. Each of our colleagues is dedicated to providing all of our guests with the best possible experience, whether this is at the Front Desk, in our guestrooms, or at Oliverio, our poolside Italian restaurant.

I was pleased to note that your Deluxe Patio Room in the Beverly Tower provided you with an excellent retreat to rest and recharge while visiting your family. Each of our three buildings provide a unique room experience, and indeed the Beverly Tower offers a most peaceful stay.

While I was delighted to read that you took advantage of our complimentary coffee setup at Oliverio Restaurant, I do understand the disappointment you may have encountered to obtain a cup of coffee. We do offer complimentary in-room coffee setups upon request, of which I am dismayed you did not get to enjoy during your most recent visit.

On behalf of all colleagues here at Avalon, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We certainly hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Tijs Klerx
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 May 2014

When we needed a hotel for one night in L.A. as a stopover en route from Mexico back to Sydney, we chose The Avalon as we've stayed there before and we love the large rooms, the interiors and the location. As it happened, the night was also my birthday, so my partner emailed the hotel manager and asked for a room upgrade. Well, they don't call L.A. the city of dreams for nothing, right? When we arrived we were informed we had been upgraded to the Penthouse Suite! Nice! The suite takes up the top floor of the adjoining Olympic building, has 2 bathrooms, a living area, has it's own furnished outdoor roof terrace, a balcony and an array of sun lounges. Sure, it's showing some signs of the ghosts of parties past, but hey it's L.A. of course it is! The bed was glorious and would have to be one of the most comfortable in any hotel I've stayed in. That penthouse suite was party ready and just screaming for another one, but sadly, we had another long flight home the following evening, and even we're not that crazy! (Just another year older and finally a little more responsible). The Avalon may not be the newest hotel in L.A. nor the most happening, but it's still got it and the service and hospitality we received was something special. So, a big thank you to Tijs and team for making my birthday memorable. Even without the party :)

Room Tip: If you want a better room, at The Avalon, all you have to do is ask.