“Fabulous Stay and Top Notch Service”

Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Singapore, Singapore
“Fabulous Stay and Top Notch Service”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here in April 2014 for a total of 5 nights as part of our wedding anniversary trip.

We reached the hotel (from LAX) approximately 10 minutes before the official check in time at 3pm, initially they asked us to wait since the room was not ready. We were very tired from a super long flight so we asked them to try best getting us a room. In the end, they decided to give us a nice surprise and upgraded our room to BW Suite (room #404). We initially booked a Signature/Balcony room i think. From then on, everything was just fantastic.

I have to say, this hotel is really very classy with top notch service. Every Four Seasons hotel are (expected to be) great, typically beautiful rooms with good service. But really, BW sets the standard even higher. Everyone in the hotel, from reception, concierge, the crew handling the luggages, valet services, are eager to provide good services and very very friendly. They are keen to make our stay pleasant and have fabulous experience with the hotel and have fun in LA.

We rented the car throughout our trip, and every time they brought the car back from the parking lot, it's always stocked with Evian water, how nice :)

The concierge are also keen to help with reservations or suggesting places to go. At their suggestion, we went to Nobu in Malibu to watch sunset and it was a great suggestion, the sunset was beautiful and we had fun there.

The room itself is beautiful (as expected) and spacious (feels like 50 sqm), interior is classic and elegant, with comfortable king bed. The bathroom is also spacious and bright, with separate shower and bath tub. Their toiletries were Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscany, which smells nice and I did try some during our stay.

The hotel location is perfect for us, it's right across from Rodeo drive, where you can take a nice stroll or just sit down and watch people (or, shop!). It's not as crowded as Hollywood boulevard but still many places to eat and shop.

There is Cut restaurant by Wolfgang Puck at ground floor and we went there as well for dinner. The service was great and food were divine, as good as the same restaurant back in Singapore (slightly cheaper too i think).

During our stay, we had to use the Business Center, which is open 24 hours, to print and scan some documents. The computer, printer, and scanner/fax machines are easy to use and we managed to get things done in 15 minutes without any problem. Fantastic.

Overall, this is really one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in my entire life. Not just beautiful spacious room with classy interior, but I'm very impressed with the service and attitude from everyone in the hotel who are keen to make the our stay as wonderful as possible.

I will certainly be happy to stay here again if we are back in LA, hopefully sooner than later.

Room Tip: BW Suite is certainly a good choice and I prefer the rooms at the same building as the reception. Ou...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GroovyTraveller888
BevWilHotel, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your lovely comments and for your review of the hotel - I am delighted that you chose our iconic hotel to celebrate your wedding anniversary! Your comments are so gratefully received, and it was a pleasure to share them with our departments.

Should your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills, please do let me know personally.

Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
UK
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for one night in May whilst on a trip to LA. It was a great hotel. Great staff who were very helpful. I stayed in suite 1162 in a Deluxe Balcony Suite which was massive! It had a double balcony, a bedroom with separate lounge and two bathrooms. It was clean, not noisy at all and I felt very safe (I was travelling alone). It is a very expensive hotel but it was worth the money for one nigh of luxury.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Jordache1

Thank you - it is lovely to hear we made such a good impression upon you,,, come back and see us again soon!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Not for everyone. Kinda snooty clientele but you are in Beverly hills. I was very very happy with my room ( I got a king superior) and the building itself is great. If you need to stay in the Beverly Hills area I think it's an ideal spot. The only downside for me was arriving at 12 and the guy who checked me in said I had to wait 2 hours for my room and that he would call me when it was ready. I came back after an hour (jetlagged from a flight from Australia) to find my room was ready but wondered why no phone call. Would have been a nice touch to follow that through but somehow given the feeling I was fortunate to be staying there. The checkout though with a lovely Filipino lady was much friendlier

• Stayed May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great location in Beverly Hills! The hotel is fancy and has an old hollywood glamour to it. My fiancé and I are staying here for 4 nights and we are having a great time. You can walk across the street to Rodeo Drive which is awesome! We are staying in a suite on the 5th floor and it is really clean and spacious. Friends of ours that live in LA say the restaurant at this hotel has the best food. The service is fantastic! I would love to come stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sophie

We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay. My favorite comment is of course 'the service is fantastic' and it will be an absolute pleasure to share this with the staff, but I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our unbeatable location.

Should your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills, please do let me know... it would be a pleasure to have you with us once again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is by far the most dissapointing EXPERIENCE EVER AT A FOUR SEASONS! Indeed this is not a Four Seasons (Standard hotel) they are way over below their standards...Rooms are old and not taken care off, room service is the most disgusting thing, terrible housekeeping as all the housekeeping staff forget to give you soap or shampoo even they just give you 2 towels (how is that possible),), air conditioning is loud and noisy, WAY WAY OVER PRICED FOR WHAT IT IS, if you really need to be in Beverly Hills goto to Penninsula or the new Montage MUCH nicer and same price...Beverly Wilshire is a fraud, really really bad hotel@!!!@The pool is a joke, so so small and in the back so no sun, gym is a joke...its a crap hotel, by the way the only person who was concerned about us was a very nice lady at the front desk she said you should get some discount on your bill for all the inconveniences, she asked us very kindly to wait for the manager, we had to wait long time and then a very rude French background lady appeared, incredible rude and never pay any attention to the complains and she didn't care about all the issues during the stay, specially when I said to her in which conditions the hotel is, WHICH ARE WORST EVER, I told her the rooms look like a crypt, SERVICE, the bathroom also and of course the wait worth cero, we did not get offered a discount in our bill, anyway I live 290 days in hotels and I only stay at Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, St Regis, Capella, Rosewood, Four Seasons

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank EmanuelDeRothschild
Dear Sir

Naturally I am dismayed to read of your feedback here.

However, I have tried to search for your name and have been unable to find a reservation or guest profile under this in the hotel in order for me to contact you directly. If you have a moment I would be grateful if you could contact me as below to provide a number for me to reach you, to allow me to speak with you personally and address your experience as highlighted above.

Many thanks and best regards

ben.trodd@fourseasons.com
(310) 275 5200 x 6291
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014

From check-in to check-out everything was great. Service, food and attitude were wonderful. Absolutely worth the price.
We had a good time walking on Rodeo Drive prior to our leaving for an around the world cruise on the Crystal Serenity.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Richard

Thank you - we are grateful to you for sharing your lovely experience at the hotel here, and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the glamor of Rodeo Drive!

Should your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills please do let me know in order that I may extend my thanks to you in person.

Plain City
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My very generous cousin decided to take me to his hotel on a weekend trip. We stayed one night here, then went to another hotel in another city. Per his Amex Black Card reservation, our suite was supposed to be ready at noon. The room was not ready, and we were offered another room, which would be ready sooner (we were told 15 minutes) and for a whopping 7k more, he went for it. A half hour later of waiting, the room was still not ready and told it would be another half hour. They wouldn't even just let us in the room to change and freashen up before we went to meet someone for lunch. I get that for a room that they normally charge 11k a night for, they want it perfect, but if someone is willing to pay that much, get them in that suite ASAP! Finally, he was so upset, we just said we would take the normal room he first booked, and left looking like street urchins to meet someone for lunch since we had just gotten off a long, early morning flight. So not impressed with the customer service of a place that is supposedly known for its excellence in service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julia S
Dear Julia

I am so sorry that your experience with us was not exemplary - we take great pride in our attention to detail and in having rooms ready whenever possible for an early arrival and it is clear to me that we have failed both you and your cousin here.

We would naturally appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate that this is not typical of our performance, and I would be grateful if you would contact me as below to allow me to handle a future reservation personally to ensure that is the case.

With many apologies

#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!