“Great hotel and location !”

Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked 2 rooms here for the last 2 nights of our holiday. We arrived late and were a bit surprised that the desk seemed to have difficulty in locating our double and twin rooms as they were booked 6 months in advance. However we appeared to have some sort of upgrade and very very pleased with our rooms which were on the 9th floor and had a great balcony. The rooms were comfortable and kitted out well. The front desk were happy to give out bottled water which was nice as they told us it would be charge if taken from the minibar. We ate in the informal restaurant on our first eveniing as everywhere else in the area looked closed or near to closing. The meal was nice, not cheap but OK for a hotel at this price level. Service was excellent. There was supposed to be coffee and pastries available in the lobby in the morning but we only managed to find the drinks on the second morning and didn't find anything else. It's a very glamorous hotel in in a very expensive area and it is great just watching what is going on around you. We saw an actor is front of the hotel and then had to rack our brains to identify him. The bar had a happy hour with reasonably priced wine, beer and cocktails although it got very loud later on. The clientele in the bar was quite a strange mix of shady looking men and much younger women. The concierges were great at suggesting activities and restaurants and managed to get us a table at Spago's for a great last night dinner.

The pool is relatively small but hardly anyone was swimming. It was heated which meant it wasn't as refreshing as we'd expect in such a warm climate. The sunbeds are nice but quite close together especially as quite a few people were having loud business conversations. The cabanas looked great but we didn't have time to use one.

The location is right in the middle of Beverly Hills right opposite Rodeo Drive. Be warned, there are no normal shops here to pick up anything useful - no convenience stores for last minute items. It's all high end luxury shopping. It was great for a couple of days to see into a different world but it's not a relaxing atmosphere.

The staff are obviously used to seeing it all and treating everyone with calm efficiency although it felt quite impersonal because it was so busy. There were a couple of photo shoots taking place when we were there which added to th buzz.. When we left we had to walk past the Bentley and Maserati parked outside, and it was clear that someone important was about to arrive as the staff were waiting on the steps. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear AMTLondon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for allowing us to use this to improve. Your input regarding our pool's temperature & the closeness of the sunbeds will be reviewed with our pool team.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your guest rooms & our Concierge team! It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the respective teams.

Hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel

There are newer reviews for Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had a lovely vacation at the Beverly Wilshire. We were upgraded to a huge room--it was the largest room and bathroom I've ever had at a hotel! The service was beyond compare. Our maid was invisible, but she looked after our every need. She noticed our toothpaste was running low. The next day, another tube of the same toothpaste we were using was in our bathroom!
Every employee was so professional and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RussellFamily27609,

Thank you for this great review; I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased you enjoyed our staff - the professionalism and friendliness of the staff is one of our greatest sources of pride both here and within Four Seasons.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel is truly something special. The facility, service and amenities were first rate. Our suite was lovely, with plenty of room. The pool area is really charming and the attendants periodically bring you snacks, like frozen grapes. The fitness center was excellent. Food was outstanding, both in the hotel dining room and at Cut, their signature restaurant. And the staff was very friendly and attentive. We had a perfect four night stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear STXorbust,

Thank you for your lovely comments and for your review of the hotel - I am delighted that you chose our iconic hotel for your family vacation! Your comments are so gratefully received, and it was a pleasure to share them with our departments.

Do come back and see us soon - it would be our pleasure to welcome you.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service is exemplary. They know your name and then try so hard to please. Rooms are fantastic. Restaurant is great and full of beautiful people- well located. I stayed at the SLS on the other leg of this trip. What a contrast! The staff there should learn a thing or two about service from the BW staff. Hang out at the pool if you have the time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Luv2travelOzzie,

We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay. My favorite comment is of course that it's "one of the best hotels [you] have ever stayed in!" It will be an absolute pleasure to share this with the staff. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant & pool area.

Should your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills, please do let me know... it would be a pleasure to have you with us once again.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I arrived on Saturday afternoon to spend 3 nights. We were celebrating our 42nd wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. Everyone on the staff was very friendly, courteous and attentive. When we arrived at the front desk to check in we were greeted by Pauline, who immediately congratulated us on our anniversary and said she wanted to upgrade our room for us. She personally took us to our suite on the 12th floor where we were greeted by someone from room service with a personalized dish of fruit and chocolates. We were not expecting any of this... We have stayed at some of the best hotels in NYC, Boston< New Orleans etc... But this is by far the nicest place we have ever been. We will definitely be back again !

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view. We were in a corner suite on the12th floor with views of the Hollyw...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Victor W,

First of all, Happy 42nd Anniversary to you and your wife! We know there are many places to stay in the area and truly appreciate you coming to our iconic hotel!

I loved reading your review and hearing that our staff was "friendly, courteous & attentive". I look forward to sharing your outstanding review with Pauline & the entire team here at Beverly Wilshire!

With much appreciation,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I flew into LA Saturday afternoon to meet up with some clients at the Beverly Wilshire and I was greeted by the front desk staff with such friendly and hospitable service. Due to the amount of rooms they had available I was booked into the Beverly Suite. At $730 a night it was such a delight to be on such a higher floor with views of the city.
I had a reservation at Cut which the baby beat salad and the Wagyu beef filet from Snake River Farms from Idaho had me sold even before I sat down and placed an order. Once again mirroring the front desk staff the service and restaurant staff was exceptional and quite exquisite. My dinner experience was perfect.
Returning back to my suite I had the pleasure of being greeted by Richard from Room Service to deliver the amazing ricotta cheesecake, the selection of California cheeses alongside a split bottle of champagne. The service and delivery time of my order was delivered in the time that was quoted when I had called to place the order. A later dip in the pool was in order with a few follow up emails and calls to the office had me occupied for an hour or so followed with a few extra minutes of watching the local news and off to bed.
I awoke rested and rejuvenated and off to the airport to catch another flight to Stockholm. Even though my trip and time spent at The BW was cut short with just a few minutes to wrap up an investment deal with my clients I will definitely look again to book at this perfect property. As with any trip to Beverly Hills the service, quality, and attention to detail will always make me feel welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rockefeller212
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Rockefeller212,

Thank you for this great review - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to seeing you return. It will also give me great pleasure to share with the team that you considered our service 'perfect' - much appreciated.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, great service... The room was not at all impressive... Mediocre and reminded me of a nice airport hotel room... Absolutely needs renovating....the lobby was outstanding with lovely flower arrangements and we were greeted right away...the front desk staff was exceptional ... Hate to cut on it but they have a great location and it would be perfect if they updated their rooms... Room service was great ....very tasty and prompt...

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Katherine A,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. As we plan for our renovation of guest rooms I will reflect upon your comments regarding furnishings. I was thrilled to read that you truly enjoyed our location, service & staff. I look forward to sharing your kind words with the entire team, especially our Front Desk team!

Best regards,

#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#10 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!