Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
London, United Kingdom
“Best hotel in LA”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

As soon as you enter you know you're in for a treat!

Staff greet you always with a smile, and always are happy to talk to you, as it should be in any hotel, but so few seem to realise it these days.

Lobby is beautiful, as is the rest of the hotel.

Had a suite, which was very big and spacious, and had luxury fittings. Stayed there for my birthday, and with kids. A cake was bought up that was of a bed which was stunning, along with fresh milk, warm cookies, popcorn, cinema ticket shaped chocolate, M&Ms, Oreos and fruit.

All for free, and without asking.

This is simply what you can expect here. The staff all go out of their way for you here, and never expect anything in return.

Pool area is brilliant, very classy and although not big, not small either. Staff bring out complementary drinks, fruit skewers and other items during the day as well, including mini ice cream cones. Once again, you don't even have to ask.

The gym is big, and has everything you need whilst in a hotel.

It is expensive, but so so so worth it. It has the best location of any hotel in Beverly Hills, has the best staff, best restaurants and best rooms.

It really is the best place to stay in LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Rodeo. And tell staff you're happy to pay for an upgrade, so worth...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear WorldTravellerMJH,

Thank you for this great review - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to seeing you return. It will also give me great pleasure to share with the team that you considered our service, staff, restaurants & rooms to be 'the best' - much appreciated.

Best regards,
Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Indonesian first
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is perfectly located if your destiny is Rodeo Drive. The service is A plus, at all times. The concierges were helpful and patient and provided excellent recommendations. The waiters and front desk folk were of the highest caliber in terms of professionalism. The room that we were in was elegant but not memorable. Breakfast at the restaurant is scrumptious (A waiter by the name of Babo, or something similar even asked me if I wanted coffee "to go" when I finished breakfast-it was like he was reading my mind. Call way ahead if you will need to retrieve your car from the valet, although the wait can be entertaining if you are into watching glamorous cars pass you by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Amy C.,

"The service is A plus, at all times." This was among one of my favorites comments from your review. Our exemplary Customer Service is one of our greatest sources of pride both here and within Four Seasons. I look forward to sharing your kind words with the entire team.

Thank you Amy, for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel; we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

King regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed for one night at the Beverly Wilshire on July 26th. I was upgraded to room in the rear tower facing the Porte Cohere. Every employee I encountered was extremely friendly. Not overly, but truly genuinely happy. The property is very well maintained. The spa is terrific. The staff is outstanding. Charles, a spa attendant, was diligent to fill every soap shampoo container almost immediately after use. The relaxation room is small, but is extremely calming. Very "Zen” The pool is lovely. Pool chaise lounges are assigned. Cocktails by the pool are served in plastic glassware which is cheap. I understand this has to be done with the proximity to the pool, but I'd prefer a $15 drink to be in a better glass.

Breakfast service is efficient and very well presented in the restaurant by the lobby.

I would like to see this property have a sundry type store with basic amenities and logo merchandise. I needed some aspirin and was out of luck. Also would have like to have purchased some logo items. Apparently some are available in the spa boutique store however; the hours were not conducive to my time at the property.

This property is expensive, but worth the splurge.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a Rodeo Drive or Pool View Room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Dolsen-Texas,

I am thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our staff; specifically Charles in the Spa.

I was sorry to hear we were unable to provide you aspirin when you needed it most, as well as BW merchandise. We are currently upgrading our sundry & merchandise store: Spa-Tique and I will gladly pass along your comments, to allow us to further meet the needs of our guests at this store.

Do let me know if we get the chance to welcome you back to our iconic hotel.

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A+ Customer hospitality services, Last week i had visited Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills and i got pleased with their A+ Customer hospitality services. I had spent their 2 nights and visited all the nearest places. Its good for family or solo visit.

Thanks,
Tom kalili

Dear Tom,

We appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay. My favorite comment is of course about our "A+ Customer Hospitality Services!"

As a local, I'm glad you were able to enjoy a stay-cation & hope to welcome you back to one of our Food & Beverage outlets soon - it would be a pleasure to have you with us once again.

With best regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Four Seasons hotels before and really appreciate the service level and customer focus. It is all here at the Beverly Wilshire. Great hotel, but there is 1 thing which we regret: There's verly loud construction work going on right next to the pool area. It woke us up this morning and continues non-stop ! I'm talking about heavy equipment stuff including drilling. If I would have known this upfront, I would have avoided this place !

I also note that many reviews detail room upgrades...we didn't get one...

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BenTrodd, General Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Katie G,

I am truly sorry to hear of the noise you received during your stay. Kindly reach out to me (as below), so I can personally look into this matter & ensure the remainder of your stay is enjoyable.

With apologies,

310.275.5200 x6291
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

From before I even arrived, my experience with the Beverly Wilshire was superb. On the drive to Beverly Hills, I called the Four Seasons to inquire as to room rates and availability. The entire Manchester United team was staying here, so there were only two rooms available. The one I reserved was called the King Studio - a fitting name, I assure you; just imagine a studio apartment literally fit for a King.

Anyway, during the reservation process, I requested a couple of Cokes be placed in the room. I'm a simple man, I enjoy a cold Coke every now and again (who am I kidding, I probably had two dozen while I was there). I also asked for a bowl of M&Ms - not a crazy request, right? Just a bowl of M&Ms in the room, awaiting my arrival, like an eager, chocolaty pet made of delicious hard-shelled candy. But considering the fact that other high-end hotels have been unable to meet this demand, I have to admit I was a bit uncertain if the Four Seasons could accommodate what I always thought was an unchallenging inquiry.

When I arrived, the folks at the front desk were patient, courteous, pleasant - and not at all judgmental of my attire. You see, I've been to this hotel many times - just never as a guest. I usually go there to stalk the valet lane where I'd photograph exotic cars. The guests I'd seen entering and leaving the hotel were usually dressed to the nines; but no one looked down on me and my blue jeans and Cookie Monster t-shirt (I like cookies).

After check-in, I made my way to my room - it was on the 12th floor, just below the penthouse. When I walked in, it was as if I had left reality and entered a dream - like a portion of living quarters had been cut out of some royalty's castle and neatly slid into the side of this building. It was then that I realized my foible - a bowl of M&Ms and a couple of Cokes. Ha! Talk about amateur hour! I could've asked for a fat, one-legged hooker and a pitcher of Vicodin!

The King Studio is split into two main rooms (not including the foyer (pronounced foi-YAY) and a marble bathroom that would make a Sheikh blush). The two main rooms are divided by sliding French doors - so if you want to watch television in the living room area, and the trio of escorts you hired is passed out on the bed, their snoring won't drown out whatever Law & Order episode you're watching.

To give you an idea of size, the room in its entirety is nearly 750 square feet. So the living room itself is large enough to host a group of friends, with a couch, a couple of chairs, and another chair off to the side by a desk (where someone more mature might actually get some work done). The centerpiece of the bedroom area is, of course, the bed - and what a glorious bed! You don't lay on it so much as you bond with it, getting to know it, and mesh with the million-thread-count sheets, cloud-like pillows, and an evil blanket that innocently invites you in for a momentary introduction and the next thing you know you've slept soundly for half a day.

The all-marble bathroom, with its huge tub and separate glass shower, was something you'd expect to see on an episode of Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous; you could almost hear Robin Leach's loud, annoying British accent echoing off of the impeccable metamorphosed limestone floor and walls. The toilet - oh em gee, the toilet - came with its own hose. Like, you know, as if having a bidet is too low brow; so the toilet, in a room with a sliding door that separates itself from the rest of the bathroom, is equipped with a hose. While I possess the required vocabulary to describe the toilet hose at the same time successfully navigating Trip Advisor's strict rules concerning questionable words and terms - I don't think anyone wants to read about that. Right? Right.

It's kinda hard to say I'm saving the best for last since everything about my room and this hotel was flawless and amazing and incredible ...but the room has a balcony. And not one of those look-but-don't-touch tease balconies you get at the Marriott, where you can see the outside world through permanently stained and pitted double pane doors. The balcony of my room at the Beverly Wilshire was completely usable. Adorned with a table, two chairs, and a beach chair, I spent a good amount of time outside. As if that isn't enough, the balcony has two entrances - one from the living room, and another from the bedroom. So the balcony is HUGE! And you can go out there and have a smoke or eat lunch, or just throw on a robe after a shower and enjoy the beautiful view (a panoramic skyline of far-away hustle and bustle, from Westwood to downtown L.A.).

The hotel itself is like a museum. Beautifully carpeted corridors with ornate wood, metal, and marble carvings, and fresh flowers everywhere everyday. And smiles - yes, that's right, smiles - smiles from every staff member, everywhere I went. A smile goes a long way in making an already bright day even brighter. A "hello" and "how are you?" is also a friendly reminder that you're in a pleasant environment, and that kind of attitude is contagious.

And what hotel would be complete without a know-it-all concierge? On the day I checked out - check-out is at noon, but they let me stay 'til 2PM by the way - I was in the mood for a steak. At the concierge desk, a young woman named Honor knew the ins and outs of the area's eateries. Despite all of the well-known steak houses being closed at the time (it was around 3PM, and Mastro's, Fleming's, and Ruth Chris didn't open until five), Honor let me in a well-kept secret - a place just up the street called The Grill in The Alley, where the filet was on par with the big-name steak joints; I was impressed to say the least.

Hung in my suite's bathroom was a pair of BW robes. Long, soft, white robes that are warm and comfortable - but not at all overbearing or too hot. I spent a majority of time wearing one of those robes. Before I checked out, I called down to the front desk and asked to buy one - but I didn't want to walk around Beverly Hills with it, so I asked that they put it in my car. A large part of the enjoyment of staying at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons is the unending convenience that this hotel and its staff provides. From valet to room service to directions to questions of all kinds, everyone strives to make your stay as perfect as possible. And that's exactly what it was; perfect, in every sense of the word. Thank you, BW, for a wonderful, exquisite, unforgettable experience.

The only downside is wondering how far I'll have to go, or how long I'll have to wait, before I'm exposed to an encounter that matches that of the Beverly Wilshire. My growing epicurean appetite for sybaritism was not only satiated, but enhanced, by the Beverly Hills Four Seasons; fostered and nurtured, catered to and refined, in the deft hands of hotelier connoisseur. The question is not whether or not I'll return; but when, and for how long; and how do I arouse a sufficient enough income so that I can establish a permanent residence at this oasis.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view - and the quieter the neighborhood when you're on the...
2 Thank Carbon M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff and hotel stay were great. Everyone was friendly and happy to help us. The rooms were large, clean and they had wifi for 2 devices per room. Overnight parking was what you would expect for the area, but fast and you never had to wait long to get your car. There are great coffee and breakfast options close to the hotel on Beverly. The gym was great and overlooked the pool area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear USA_NYC,

Thank you for this review of your "Great stay" with us! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time here, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With best regards,

#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!