“Beautiful setting but terrible service”

The Roof Garden at The Peninsula Beverly Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
The Roof Garden at The Peninsula Beverly Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 333 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd.
Description: Tucked away on the roof is a stylish poolside patio garden, beside The Peninsula Spa, serving Naturally Peninsula cuisine with emphasis on great-tasting healthy food and imaginative drinks. Breakfast, lunch and early dinner can be enjoyed in a relaxed and casual alfresco atmosphere. Executive Chef David Codney focuses on local organic produce and seasonal ingredients. Take in the evening, where the warmth of the Firepit provides for a sophisticated backdrop in which one can enjoy a Roof Garden signature drink under the stars.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel is so lovely as well as the Belvedere which is an ideal setting for an outdoor breakfast or brunch. The eggs bénédictine I ordered were delicious but the service left a lot to be desired. My friend who happens to be a regular guest, and I were frankly, neglected. We waited and waited for someone to show up to bring us more toast, tea and... the check. I was very disappointed because it´s a reputable place that should provide impeccable service. The price was not justified in this case. Nevertheless, it continues to be a classy place to spot celebrities. Sir Anthony Hopkins and Larry Flynt were having brunch alongside.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We're big fans of Chef David Codney so when he suggested we might enjoy the summer barbeque at Peninsula's Roof Garden, we went - and oh, so glad we did. The service was outstanding, the setting gorgeously laid back and inviting and the food - oh the food. We sampled the tomahawk steak, the brisket, trout and shrimp - all full of flavor and perfectly prepared. The gigante beans had such a remarkable sauce, we found ourselves using the densely flavorful corn muffin to swab up the taste. We tried the jalapeno margarita and want to go back just for that mash up of tastes. oh and the desserts - the rhubarb tart with almond crust plus a decadent salted caramel cream with crushed chocolate cookies - well our spoons had a weird sort of magnetic draw that kept drawing them back for just one more taste. Highly recommend you experience an evening on the rooftop before summer is gone!

1  Thank MMkoppel
Reviewed 14 July 2014

sophisticated charm, warmth and elegance, tranquil and charming! We had heard about the ratings this hotel is receiving so we thought we would give it a try as we are creatures of habit and usually we organise our trip to Beverly Hills in strict routine fashion, never deviating to try something new. Well! This place is now high on our list of mandatory restaurants to visit on our next trip. Breakfast was superb! The ambience was sophisticated, the décor was classic, the service was perfection..on par with The Dorchester in London (in fact slightly higher I would say!) We wandered the hotel afterwards to get a feel if we may like to change from our habitual hotel we stay in, and had the feeling that we may give it a try...unfortunately the female receptionist was unhelpfull in supplying any information to us at all. I asked if there were any pamphlets or literature on the hotel and she looked at me questioningly as to why? I expressed we really like the hotel and may chose it for our next trip, she told me 'look on line for any information you may require' and turned her head to brush us aside... so we returned to our usual hotel where we ALWAYS stay and received a huge welcome back! (and I suddenly felt disloyal to my old lady friend of a hotel so much so I have rebooked my next trip back there) BUT we will most definitely return to the Belvedere for breakfast ! (Silly receptionist lost you a huge booking !)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Peninsula is my #1 favorite in BH for outdoor dining. The food is excellent and the staff is professional and knowledgeable. The menu is a variety to please any palate. Prices are reasonable - especially when yo consider that this is a 5 star location in BH.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Worst (only) $20 hamburger I've ever had! Location is nice, service was good but the food - ugh! not so good