“"What kind of hotel is this???"”

Maison 140 Beverly Hills
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed at your property and was not impressed at all. I didn't receive my welcome glass of champagne as stated on their website. I didn't get ANY sleep during my stay due to the A/C system that made my room sound like a helicopter was taking off in the middle of the night. Note to management: please update the units from the 1970's and bring them into the current century.

The mattress was lumpy: basically just terrible. I couldn't get any sleep between the mattress and A/C. Also, the bathroom was so small and uncomfortable- there were no shower doors so water would splash all over the floor, and create a hazard of slipping. Also, I guess they no longer provide plush robes for people staying in a Parisan room type- only in Mandarin room types. OK? So obviously this hotel doesn't care about standards being met in every room.

Breakfast was $15.00 per person- which my wife and I avoided due to food being stale. Also, maybe if you provided a continental breakfast for guests they wouldn't be so irate. I mean you probably buy croissants and muffins from Costco so why not provide a complimentary breakfast. Perhaps, this makes up for the fact that the bar doesn't generate any revenue- at least from my perspective. Very cute bar- however no one is ever in it....it just feels eerie.

Parking is $28.00- which I understand seems to be the standard through California. However, most places charge a little less for self-parking when no valet service is offered, which they don't.

My wife and I had a lot of luggage as were traveling for the next couple of weeks- the bell cart barely worked and I felt terrible for the young woman who had to assist with all our luggage while wearing high heels. I mean, if your gonna make someone wear heels at least have a bellhop or let her wear flats- just saying. Nonetheless, we managed to get the luggage into our room after being squeezed into a tiny elevator.

The one thing this place has going for them is the service provided by the front desk. John was amazing, and it seems like this person is the only thing going on for this hotel. He was helpful with any issues we had and did his best to accommodate. However, the service doesn't out-way the costs. Nonetheless we checked out the next day.

Other than that, avoid at all costs!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hans G
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Hans,

Thank you for providing feedback of your visit to Maison 140 Hotel. I would be happy to discuss any inconveniences you experienced and can be contacted at alopez@mosaichotel.com.

Best,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

It seemed like the staff knew us as old friends the moment we arrived. the location was very suitable for our needs and trip. The food at the sister hotel (Mosiac) was excellent and very well presented.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott B
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Scott B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Maison 140. I have to agree that our staff are very welcoming. I'm glad to see you also had time to enjoy dining at our sister hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great value for Beverly Hills, and the location is close to most things visitors want to see in the area. Across the street from the Peninsula. Excellent personal service from the staff. Sister hotel has nice secluded pool area for Maison guests, just a minute walk away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rickpdtw

Dear rickpdtw,

Thank you for your review of Maison 140 Hotel. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay and had to time to enjoy the pool area at our sister hotel. We certainly hope you'll consider us for your next visit to Beverly Hills.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

First of let me just say that this hotel is charming, the staff is wonderful, and the location can't be beat. We stayed in this hotel for the third time due to these reason. But the last time we decided that we just couldn't do it again. The beds are so horribly saggy and old that both of us just couldn't take another night. We stayed in a Parisian themed room each time and right from the time you walk in you can see that the beds are visibly saggy about a half a foot in the center without even sitting on them. Once you sit, lay, anything, they sag like nothing I've ever seen or felt before. They are beyond soft and desperately need to be replaced. It really is this extreme and ridiculous. This was the case in all 3 different rooms we stayed in. I sleep on my stomach and I felt like I was doing an acrobatic back bend all night with such a deep sag below me, while my partner is side sleeper and couldn't sleep either as there is zero support and the center of the bed melts into the floor about a foot and a half to two feet. And I am only 120 lbs! I am in my 20's with no back problems either! Stacking 3 pillows under each of our bodies filled in the space a bit but this shouldn't be necessary for sleep. After the third time of staying here and always waking up sore and sleep deprived, we decided we just can't do it anymore. I have nothing but positive reviews to give about every other aspect of this hotel, but sleep is essential and at the end of the day a very poor, old, saggy-beyond-belief bed can ruin your entire stay. Sorry Maison 140, you are lovely in every other way, but we just can't punish our bodies anymore. Please replace your beds and we will be happy to recommend your hotel once again!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank CanadianGirl22K

Dear CanadianGirl22K,

Thank you for your review of Maison 140. Your feedback is important and very much appreciated. I would be happy to inspect the beds you slept on and can be reached at alopez@mosaichotel.com to discuss which room numbers you stayed in. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for assisting us in enhancing our overall guest experience.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I would absolutely recommend this hotel…. The common areas as well as the rooms were very clean. The staff ;was exceptionally professional and very nice and friendly at the same time. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren S

Dear Lauren S.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of Maison 140. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I am here in the hotel. My room is airless and I am about to pass out here. A/c makes so much noise but does not cool. I have reported this to the guy in the front desk but received no response for 2 hours

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Handemaksu
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Handemaksu,

Thank you for your review. After looking through our records we found that your AC Unit did indeed work properly, however was not set to a low temperature to cool the room. Our Engineer Manager was dispatched and assisted in reviewing how to control the room temperature. I hope you're quite comfortable as of now. If you need any further assistance I am available and can be contacted through our front desk.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Thank you for a fantastic stay! My family and I spent two nights at Maison 140 and could not have been happier. Our children were made to feel very welcome, so much so that the 'Easter Bunny" had left surprises for each of them on Easter morning. They were absolutely thrilled. The staff were all friendly, polite and very attentive and we enjoyed a very nice continental breakfast. We would love two return one day!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SuLu5
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear SuLu5,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Maison 140. How exciting that the Easter Bunny stopped by to leave gifts. I'm very happy to see you and your family enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon.