“Fun place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maison 140 Beverly Hills

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Maison 140 Beverly Hills
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Fun place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Easy to find and park, they have facilities along side the hotel, be warned parking is $28 a day, probably reasonable for the area, after free parking everywhere else a bit of a shock. Location is a pleasant walk to the town and the hotel is different in a comfortable fun sort of way. Being in a two you have the choice of An open window and noise or a/c and noise. Great breakfast. Staff are top of their game. Would use this hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim B
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Tim B,

We're happy to see you enjoyed your stay at Maison 140. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with future guests.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had a three night's stay at this pleasant boutique hotel. Decorated to the teeth in a "Holywood Romantic" kind of way, it's comfortable and calm

The staff was wonderful, helpful, and always pleasant. The room was a bit small, but nicely furnished. Was on the ground floor with a parking lot view, but was not an isse.

The continental breakfast was only a bit more expensive than a trip to the corner starbucks, but included unlimited pastries, fresh fruits, and refills of coffee. Well worth it. There is no restaurant on site, but a sister property around the corner has a great little spot, which had good value, good food, and a very attentive staff.

I was ending a 550 mile 900 km cycling trip, and this quiet place was a perfect home for recovery.

Only one curious complaint. There is a small gym, labelled "forme," in a frenchified way (even the "do not disturb" signs are in French." I only found out it was a gym the last day there, as I had thought it was a utility area of some kind. "Gymnase" would have worked better.

Room Tip: Go upstairs!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Georgemia,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and detailed review of your visit to Maison 140. We appreciate the feedback regarding the term "forme" and will consider a change. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

City of Greater Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed 4 nights and enjoyed the experience.
Initially looked at a smaller room on the ground floor that looked into a car park but was able to arrange an upgrade to avoid this outlook due to the length of stay. Front staff could not have been more helpful to requests for directions and assistance. Located centrally to Rodeo Drive area, there are plenty of travel and food options within walking distance.

Room Tip: Request a room on the second or third floors to avoid the car park outside the windows
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Greg Trichelle J,

We're happy to see you enjoyed your recent visit at Maison 140. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share some tips for other travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Originally the home to actresses Lillian and Dorothy Gish, it's now a little hotel that's quaint, modern, smallish rooms, off the main bustle, but across the street from the Peninsula. Short walk to Rodeo Dr and all that Beverly Hills is, while off in a quiet residential community. It's well worth the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear John V,

Thank you for your review of Maison 140. I agree that Lilian Gish would be proud of her former home. We hope you consider us during your next visit to the Beverly Hills area.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked this for a one night stay with my fiancé and I felt like if I looked out the window I would see the Eiffel Tower. The house and room reminded me of a place in Paris. The gentleman at the front desk was outstanding. I was offered a glass of champagne while I checked in. The room was charming and I got a phone call from the front desk to ask if I was satisfied and if I needed anything once I was in my room for 10 minutes. Nice touch. The little bar in the lobby (Bar Noir) very stylish in an understated way and cool. Bartender was friendly and willing to make whatever you wanted. They also show old Hollywood Cary Grant/Hepburn/Bogart films on the wall (no sound-just for ambiance). The location is a plus. Quiet street off Santa Monica Blvd and Wilshire. Easy walk to coffee shop and many restaurants.

They charge for parking but considering you can't park on the street overnight in the area it is cheaper than a ticket or getting towed.

I will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cubuff1453
Dear cubuff1453,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of Maison 140 Hotel. We're very happy to see you and your fiance enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed at your property and was not impressed at all. I didn't receive my welcome glass of champagne as stated on their website. I didn't get ANY sleep during my stay due to the A/C system that made my room sound like a helicopter was taking off in the middle of the night. Note to management: please update the units from the 1970's and bring them into the current century.

The mattress was lumpy: basically just terrible. I couldn't get any sleep between the mattress and A/C. Also, the bathroom was so small and uncomfortable- there were no shower doors so water would splash all over the floor, and create a hazard of slipping. Also, I guess they no longer provide plush robes for people staying in a Parisan room type- only in Mandarin room types. OK? So obviously this hotel doesn't care about standards being met in every room.

Breakfast was $15.00 per person- which my wife and I avoided due to food being stale. Also, maybe if you provided a continental breakfast for guests they wouldn't be so irate. I mean you probably buy croissants and muffins from Costco so why not provide a complimentary breakfast. Perhaps, this makes up for the fact that the bar doesn't generate any revenue- at least from my perspective. Very cute bar- however no one is ever in it....it just feels eerie.

Parking is $28.00- which I understand seems to be the standard through California. However, most places charge a little less for self-parking when no valet service is offered, which they don't.

My wife and I had a lot of luggage as were traveling for the next couple of weeks- the bell cart barely worked and I felt terrible for the young woman who had to assist with all our luggage while wearing high heels. I mean, if your gonna make someone wear heels at least have a bellhop or let her wear flats- just saying. Nonetheless, we managed to get the luggage into our room after being squeezed into a tiny elevator.

The one thing this place has going for them is the service provided by the front desk. John was amazing, and it seems like this person is the only thing going on for this hotel. He was helpful with any issues we had and did his best to accommodate. However, the service doesn't out-way the costs. Nonetheless we checked out the next day.

Other than that, avoid at all costs!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hans G
Dear Hans,

Thank you for providing feedback of your visit to Maison 140 Hotel. I would be happy to discuss any inconveniences you experienced and can be contacted at alopez@mosaichotel.com.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

It seemed like the staff knew us as old friends the moment we arrived. the location was very suitable for our needs and trip. The food at the sister hotel (Mosiac) was excellent and very well presented.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott B
Adolfo L, Manager at Maison 140 Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Scott B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Maison 140. I have to agree that our staff are very welcoming. I'm glad to see you also had time to enjoy dining at our sister hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.