“Sublime”

Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Our stay in Beverly Hills was enhanced by staying at this little gem. Great food, intimate surroundings, and friendlty/helpful staff were all part of this repitorie.
Great location, all within walking distance of good restaurants and fab shopping. Next time in Beverly Hills, we will definately stay here. We loved everything about it!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Canukgal

Reviewed 16 July 2008

This was the second time that I have stayed at the Mosiac and have nothing but positive words to say about my experience!

I arrived in LA last week and was booked to experience the new hotel, Thompson in Beverly Hills for 5 days. Right from the start I knew that I was not going to enjoy my stay...this feeling was abnormal for me, as I usually look for the best in everything.
I encountered stale, snobby staff and a very uncomfortable, small room that in my opinion had a very "harsh" feel, not to mention that I could not sleep becuase all I heard was the road noise below me. I was very unimpressed....I could deal with hotel but the staff was not very inviting...

The next morning I remembered my stay at the Mosaic, called them and asked if they could accomidate me on such short notice...the concierge was friendly and said he was there to help me with whatever I needed!

I got out of the Thompson and when I walked in the Mosiac I remebered why my first experience had been so positive. The staff greets you with hello's EVERY time they see you, everyone is all smiles at all times and eager to please, the colors of the hotel are vibrant and the place is ALWAYS clean and the decor is high class. The pool is like a hidden relaxing treasure, comfortable poor furniture, lovely landscaping and GREAT music. The room was a lovely suite, with nice plush bedding and elegant decor and the shower room is to die for...

The location is perfect, within walking distance from everything and the FOOD at the hotel is divine.

I am so pleased with the Mosiac and would highly recommend this hotel! I send many thanks to everyone at the hotel that made my stay so memorable!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steph H
Reviewed 13 July 2008

Great service in boutique hotel.

Front desk was super helpful on a variety of special requests.

Great location -- 5 to 10 minute walking distance to the "triangle" of shops and restaurants.

I was anxious about possible Beverly Hills pretension, but the Mosaic was friendly in a stylish way, and not pretentious at all.

Scene lounging around the tiny pool was a fun Beverly Hills scene. Late afternoon: Punk VJ tripping out, gay couple mildly frolicking, dude shouting on cell phone, elderly couples sipping wine, and my tween. Everyone was treated with respect and casual attention, with resulting great people-watching and yet urban privacy. At night: a bit more glam, with film festival crowd.

Ate in the tiny hotel restaurant. Again, friendly and accommodating service, in stylish setting.

As previous post says, hotel has feel of being small.

Hotel is good value for Beverly Hills.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank sfca18
Reviewed 22 June 2008

We try not to use the same word over and over again when we write reviews, but it’s hard to talk about the Mosaic without using the word small. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but to be true to this hotel, you must use the word to describe: the lobby, bar, restaurant, pool and rooms. Even the valet admitted that the parking spaces are small.

Small can be beautiful, but it’s still small.

For example, the rooms. It is clear the hotel understood the limited amount of space and designed the room doors to open into the hallway to save space. The furnishings (a flat screen television, desk and chair) are nice, but we were so struck by the size of the room (more NYC than LA, in our experience) that we didn’t enjoy them as much as we might have in another space. Two suitcases wouldn’t fit in the closet, so we had to use the desk for one of our suitcases - not ideal, but we didn’t have much of a choice if we wanted to preserve the limited floor space.

The bathrooms are nice, but the french-style glass doors seemed out of place (the white wood and glass look didn’t go with the rest of the muted yellows and browns in the room). And their style and flimsiness made the bathroom feel more a part of the room and less private. The fixtures were fine (the shower could have been larger), and we liked the marble floor. We did love the Bulgari toiletries. We’ll forgive a lot of things for Bulgari toiletries!

The staff were friendly enough and we had a nice stay. And the hotel is in a good location, right off Wilshire Boulevard in the middle of Beverly Hills.

If you like relaxed, easygoing boutique hotels, this might be the place for you. We’re used to a bit larger property with more assured, consistent service, but the Mosaic was fine. Our expectations were probably a bit grander than this hotel could deliver, but that doesn’t mean this isn’t a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJPBAF
Reviewed 21 June 2008

My wife , our 4 month old daughter & 3 yr old son and myself stayed at the mosaic for 1 week last week june 11 -18. First off Location was perfect as we were on spalding 1 block south of santa monica. For starbucks lovers you just have to walk thru the underground garage make a right and starbucks is on the corner of santa monica and Lasky. The room service food was perfect> burger was great. Chicken pasta as well as margherita pizza were grat for my 3 yr old. Breakfast was great. Yes it's a very small boutique hotel which was great for us. The pool was small but very nice. Everyone was nice. we stayed on the second floor no issueswith noise or elevator time.

And for those that want to walk up to rodeo just leave the hotel and walk up to the corner and make a right on wilshire walk down everything is there no car needed. for us we had a car with there package valet was free.

Last year we stayed at the hilton. well stay here from know on.Also the pinninsula is behind the hotel so it's nice to walk over check it out there few shops and food.

A++

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Ericpwiseguy
Reviewed 7 June 2008

I was in Beverly HIlls for a second medicl opinion. I did a lot of research on hotels,, read the great reviews of this one, and decided to give it a try. When my husband and I arrived at 1pm there was not a room available. No problem. We knew it was early. We left our luggage and went out shopping. When we returned at 3 pm our room was ready. We had specifically asked for a very quiet room. During check-in we again requested a quiet room. We were told no problem. There were two men at two desks doing check-ins. One was helping us and the other was taking calls. At one point the two men began chatting and seemed to forget there were customers in front of them. We were handed keys to the room without even being asked for a credit card. OK. A third man said he would take us to our room. We waited at least 5 minutes for the one elevator. When we arrived in our room we asked the bellman if the room was going to be quiet. He assured us that it was one of the quietest rooms in the hotel. The hotel room was very small and cramped. Frankly, it reminded me of my grandma's guest bedroom. Everything seemed kind of old and worn. The bathroom, however, was large and modern. It did not seem to go with the rest of the room. I layed down to try to take a nap, but within 10 minutes hammering began. It would intermittently stop for a minute or two and then begin again. After 20 minutes of it I could not take it anymore. My husband called the front desk to ask what was going on. The front desk staff was clueless. My husband asked for the manager. The manager said they were replacing the carpet on the floor above us and the work would likely be done around 5pm, but would begin again in the morning. We explained that we had requested a quiet room -several times. Nobody in the hotel seemed to think that having a work crew hammering above us for hours on end was a big deal. We asked for another room, but were told none were available. After 90 minutes of hammering and back and forth with the manager we checked ot and went to stay at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza which was a better, bigger room with new furniture at half the cost with 100% less snottiness.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank rakawa
Reviewed 5 June 2008

We have stayed at the Mosaic Hotel before and had an excellent experience. This visit surpassed our expectations. The amenities are top notch as is the staff. The restaurant at the hotel provides delicious food & room service is excellent. The pool is beautiful & should definitely be seen at night as the atmosphere is delightful. We look forward to our next stay at he Mosaic!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple