“Intimate Beauty with Amazing Staff, service and location”

Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Carlsbad, California, United States
“Intimate Beauty with Amazing Staff, service and location”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This past weekend I took my daughter for her sweet 16 to The Mosaic and to visit Beverly Hills, Hollywood and Los Angeles. From the moment we walked into this boutique style property the staff was warm and friendly. The management has done an amazing job letting the staff be professional yet themselves. The property had a small pool and well aquainted rooms with wify and Boise stereo system. Bathrooms perfect, no tub but beautiful shower with lovely bath products. I would like to compliment the staff especially those we met, Ryan-Chris, Meredith and Brandon. We made reservation at the Villa Blanca from the television show Housewives of Beverly Hills and the hotel offered us a free ride round trip. I have worked in the industry many years and if you are looking for a perfect location minutes from Rodeo Drive and heart of everything with class and intimacy this is the boutique style property for you. I have been back two days and already have had a friend book it for her and her daughter. Ask for packages with breakfast and or parking. Enjoy this amazing location, staff and property!

Room Tip: we asked for pool view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Debralyn H
Adolfo L, Manager at Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Debralyn H,

Thank you for choosing the Mosaic Hotel for your recent visit to Beverly Hills. I'm pleased to see you and your daughter enjoyed your stay. We're proud to encourage our employees to express their individual personalities and we're happy to see you found them to be professional and helpful. We appreciate the recommendations and hope you'll visit us again soon. Happy Sweet 16 to your daughter!

Warm Regards,

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 11 March 2014

given other reviews we looked forward to this stay. the room was hardly a 4 star property with the carpet at the entryway in despite need of cleaning. the "valet parking" meant that you paid an extra charge to pay your car yourself. The hotel did offer complimentary car service within a mile a very nice service. hotel staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: avoid connecting rooms as sound dampening is not so good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Larry F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your recent stay at Mosaic Hotel. I'm pleased to see you found the complimentary house car useful and our staff to be pleasant. Our parking rates are quite competitive and often times much lower than other hotels in our area. Although we have routine cleaning of our carpet there are times some areas require additional attention. We're pleased to let you know that due to your feedback we've taken action and brought in our cleaners ahead of our scheduled dates to ensure our carpet is clean and up to standards. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you'll give us another opportunity should your travels bring you back to the Beverly Hills area.

Best,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This boutique hotel was perfect for our weekend trip to LA to meet our new granddaughter! Ty took our reservation over the phone and secured the last available room for us during the Academy Awards weekend. Meeting her in person confirmed that we were staying in a great hotel. Our room was ready for an early check-in, and she could not have been friendlier. Our accommodations, although not extremely spacious, were lovely, and the amenities were nice ( in room safe, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, robes, ample storage space, etc. available in the room. One thing missing was a shower cap.) An added bonus was the complimentary transportation service within 1 1/2 miles of the Mosaic provided by Ryan and Steven, who also help at the concierge desk. Both, like Ty, offered exceptional service with a smile! Even the large vase of delicious candies available in the lobby were great. While small, the exercise room was clean and appointed with four pieces of equipment plus a TV. The location of the Mosaic is within walking distance of many favorite attractions in Beverly Hills. We checked in and out with ease, and other than a slow elevator, the Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills was a perfect fit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing South Spalding Drive.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M K
Adolfo L, Manager at Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear MK,

Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Mosaic Hotel. I'm very pleased you found Ty, Ryan and Steve so helpful before and during your stay. I look forward to sharing this review with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the Beverly Hills area.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed here before and was glad I returned.
Rooms are small but well appointed.
Staff is friendly.
Location is great.
There was construction next door during the day so that made napping a problem.
Comfortable beds and fluffy pillows.
Complimentary car for short trips.
Overall a good choice.

Room Tip: Suite was large and well equipped. Suite had a pull out sofa bed.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ronnie,

We're happy you decided to return to Mosaic Hotel during your recent visit to Beverly Hills. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I have to agree with you that the location is great and our beds are quite comfortable. We're looking forward to the neighboring construction to come to an end this month. We hope you return for any future visits to Beverly Hills.

Best,

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel was referred to us as we had never stayed in Beverly Hills before. The room as well as the entire hotel was very tastefully decorated and had a great aesthetic. The service was great as well as the room service. I have never said this before but the room service food was delicious! Very helpful staff and in a great location. I highly recommend Mosaic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JimC1964,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Mosaic Hotel. We're very pleased you had great service and enjoyed your room service meal. We appreciate your recommendation and your kind comments. We hope you consider Mosaic Hotel for any future visits to the area.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Cleanliness is number one for me. Towel was stained. When I noticed stained linen after ten p.m. my husband and I had to change it ourselves, and we would have preferred not to see or handle the stained bedding underneath. New linen had bloodstain on it and because of the way we made the bed, the best way to deal with that was just to fold it over so I didn't have to stare at it when I woke up. The website boasted brand name four hundred thread count linen, but for me personally I would rather less thread count and newer linens and bedding. Put damper on my first getaway without kids in 7 years.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AyalaT203
Dear AyalaT203,

I'm disappointed to read that your recent stay at Mosaic Hotel was not up to standards. Please accept my apology for any inconveniences you experienced. We certainly don't want to put a damper on anyone's getaway. I would be happy to discuss any shortfalls you experienced and can be reached directly at 310-432-5431.

Warm Regards,

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights of a two week trip to Southern California. Family of 2 adults (40 & 35) and 2 children (2 & 6). My reseach was primarily on-line for this trip and I decided to take a hotel out of the busier Hollywood area. Our main goals were to visit Universal studios, the Natural History museum and the California Science center.

Planning/pre-arrival: I booked online and followed up with a few calls. Everything was handled in a Professional manner. There was a price drop after I made my reservation but there was a low price guarantee in place and when I emailed them about the price difference they adjusted it without any arguement (I would have found it much nicer had they done so automatically and informed me of such). This is the only property out of 4 that we stayed in that wouldn't allow me to pre-pay the bill by credit card without some type of signed faxed confirmation. While not really a problem, it didn't "add" to my experience either.

Arrival/Check-in: We came into LAX and grabbed a cab to the hotel. I think it was about a 15 minute drive. While unloading the taxi a hotel staff member came out and helped unload and bring in the luggage. Check in went easy enough and our room was ready when we got there.

Lobby Area: As others have mentioned, this area is quite small. That's ok as the hotel itself is quite small and doesn't have the capacity to merit a large lobby and dining area. As you enetr, the "front desk" is located to the left in an area that might be 10ft x 10 ft. Again, the size doesn't merit a big reception desk and I never had to wait more than a few minutes to talk to someone. The bar, business center and "restaurant" are all located in the lobby area. Again, none of it is big versus functional.

Restaurant: The restaurant was used for breakfast only. The offer was a la carte versus buffet and admittedly a bit on the pricier side for breakfast. Otherwise the breakfast was presented well, tasted just fine & did a good job of sending us out for a day of adventure. I'm not sure what else is offered in the immediate area for breakfast but the convenience of eatting on site made the cost worthwhile . Other than one waitress that seemed a bit stressed one morning, service was acceptable-friendly.

Bar: This is also part of the lobby area and consists of a 4-5 tables and a few chairs at the bar. I had a salad and a few glasses of wine my first night there. The bartender/server was outgoing and friendly. I can't remember his name but he came from Chicago and we had a nice chat for an hour or so on the area and Californian versus European wines.

Room: We had a 2 double bed room which suited our needs. It was a bit cramped for our party of 4 but not ovely so that it became an issue. Our room overlooked the pool area (which is probably the best view this hotel has). I believe the amenities were Etro, nice but expected in a property billling itself as a 4 star. TV, Radio, single serve coffee maker. Again all nice but nothing extraordinary for a 4 * hotel. Basic appearance and cleanliness were acceptable & to my standards.

Misc:

My wife had forgotten to pack toothbrushes for her and the kids (happily she insisted on doing the kid's packing so I was free of guilt on this issue lol) and the front desk was capable of providing them at no extra charge.

I needed cigarettes one night but they didn't stock any behind the desk & there were no places they could think of within easy reach that did. They offered to take me in the house car but I declined and decided to go see what could be found.The solution.... The Peninsula hotel is right behind the Mosaic and for $12 I was happy enough to get what I wanted.

Oh. The house car.. This is a nice offer at no additional cost but they are rather limited in the range that it can be used. I took advantage of the service once in order to go get a pack of diapers and found the service and driver nice enough to merit a $10 tip.

Pool: We used the pool daily. The kids just loved it (I'm not sure the other guests enjoyed the pool opening at 7am but I did keep the kids pretty quiet) as the pool is heated & on the smaller side. Unlike another review I just read, I noticed that there was a gentleman that came everymorning to clean and service the pool area. In fact, this gentleman was quite friendly with us and alwys went out of his way to bring extra towles for the kids(it was October and somewhat chilly in the mornings) and act in a friendly manner before going about his duties.

Location: They are nicely located close to Rodeo drive. While the family didn't actually spend anytime exploring Beverly Hills, I did take advantage of the location to go on late night walks on my own and enjoyed the area. The taxis to Universal and the museum areas weren't overly cheap. I do wonder if perhaps the front desk couldn't have found us a livery service to use for our stay but as I didn't think of it either, I can't really complain. There is a Starbucks within 5 minutes walking distance that opens at 5am. Given the time différences between Switzerland and L.A. I was there with my daughters every morning right at opening.

Conclusion: A nice little property with Professional & friendly staff. A bit on the small side but reasonably priced for the location. Another reviewer stated that this was a converted motel but even if so, they have done a decent job in converting the rooms and furnishing to match a 4* boutique hotel. Although I might like to try other hôtels in the area or in Hollywood, I wouldn't have a problem coming back to the Mosaic nor would I have a problem recommending it to others. It's not a Palace or Grand hotel but they are what they advertise to be. I give them a solid 4 because they were above average for the most part but didn't particularly go out of their way to give me that "wow" effect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank theswissmister
Dear theswissmister,

WOW! Thank you for a very detailed and kind review of your stay at Mosaic Hotel. It is very much appreciated. I'm pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I hope you'll give us the opportunity to WOW you during your next visit to the Beverly Hills area.