“Excellent steak”

20:00
Ranked #10 of 359 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Price range: £20 - £79
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd
Description: Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Second time eating here and much improved since my last visit

This place can REALLY cook a steak. The menu was varied and I had one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. The sides were amazing (particularly the lobster mash) and whilst the service could have been better our waitress was engaging and polite.

My only negative about Mastro is that it is so dark inside, our table could barely read the menus and were relieved when they opened one of the curtains to let in some light.

Cannot wait to visit again.

1  Thank Scudamore

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Now, I could get used to the this. We walk in for our 9:45pm reservation greeted in the Penthouse with one of the best tables overlooking Canon Dr. with DJ playing music (not too loud) to enjoy what we felt like the best meal in Beverly Hills. We got the best of both worlds with a fine dinner and a little bit of a club atmosphere as well with the music playing an people having a good time. It was not loud at all and the service was phenomenal. We never waited for anything and our dinner was cooked perfectly. I had a massive Tomahawk Ribeye which was like butter and my wife had the Filet - everything was spot on. Next trip, this will be the first stop instead of the last.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

We dined here with our four year old on a Thursday evening. We started with tuna tartare and split a filet mignon, truffle and lobster gnocchi and gruyere macaroni and cheese. The last option was for our toddler. Our steak was cooked well, but the other items lacked seasoning. Everything was presented beautifully. The sides were served family style and large enough for three or four to share in my opinion. The atmosphere was very intimate with wonderful music and lighting. There all kinds of kinds there and everyone seemed to fit in, including our child. The servers were attentive and friendly. The wine menu was ample and satisfactory. This restaurant reminds me of other fine dining restaurants, particularly those whose main attraction is steak. Similar menu options as other popular fine dining experiences.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

We haven't been to Mastro's for a while, but it had been our go-to restaurant for a wonderful meal. We had guests from New York and wanted to impress so we made a reservation there last Friday, June 17. I asked for a quiet table because I have difficulty hearing. Our initial table was going to be in the Penthouse (DJ and noise so intense that its painful). I asked again for a very quiet table (they have a library room which is quiet enough to have a conversation). We were seated in the main dining room despite the fact that there were empty tables in the library (during the entire time we were eating in the main dining room) and had to scream at each other to be heard during dinner. Mastro's is known for it's wonderful, helpful waiters, and our was no exception. He was excellent. One of our guests ordered wild salmon rare (he made quite a point of this), it came cooked though. I asked him to reorder but he didn't (his fault). The final outrage and the reason that we will never dine there again is that while we were eating, one of the assistant waiter began clearing dishes from the table. Including some of the side dishes which we were still eating. I explained that we were still eating and he left. Five minutes later, two other assistant waiters began removing plates again. One of the side dishes was stacked on a dinner plate from which one of our guest was still eating and removed. She was not done. Mastro's used to be a favorite because the food, service, ambiance were outstanding. Not any more. When I called the manager to complain, his response was, "Thank you for letting me know." Nothing else!! A great restaurant doesn't have these kinds of misunderstandings and mistakes. We cancelled our reservations that we made to celebrate our wedding anniversary and won't be going back.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I just went to Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills. This used to be my favorite steak house since the Palm moved from West Hollywood to Beverly Hills. The food was just average. It was over salted, and just ok. Now this is not a Sizzler's or just any old Steak house. This used to be the best of the best. Now, it's back to Wolfgang's up the street, or Flemming's down the street, or the New Palm across the street. It's to pricey not to be really really good. Service was still nice, but hey, not enough to not enjoy an expensive middle of the road meal.