“Lousy!!!”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Brighton Street
Transit: Regular bus stops on Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevards.
Description: A Beverly Hills favorite since 1996, Xi’an has a vibrant atmosphere with a beautiful patio for outdoor dining, full service bar, and private dining for large parties. Beautiful, elegant and contemporary.
“Lousy!!!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is possibly the worst chinese I have been to for many years! Seriously I've had better food in Panda Express! Lukewarm and tasteless. Nothing tasted fresh and quite frankly most of it tasted frozen. Not what I expected for our first night in BH and I will be telling the hotel concierge to be cautious about recommending this place to other guests!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JackieKnutton123
Cece T, General Manager at Xi'an, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
I am so sorry to hear of your experience with us! When did you come in??? I hope that you will contact me personally and give us another chance! I hate to think that we had such an off night for you, but I assure you our food is fresh and not frozen. So sorry!

cece@xian90210.com

• Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“Totally disappointing...cold food & atmosphere...on Valentines day!!!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Food was bland, cold and arrived out of sequence. Portions were good but it lacked quality, style and presentation. There was no explanation of the menu, or any ideas if there were any specials and the whole a service experience was random but tried hard. Petals on the table was a nice touch but it seemed it was all to much for what appears to be a tired restaurant!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank RobCotton
Cece T, Manager at Xi'an, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience... and especially for Valentine's Day! I hope that you will contact me the next time you visit us-- and I want you to so that we can make it a better experience for you!
Louisville, Kentucky
“Just Normal; Nothing Special; Not sure why it is crowed must have loyal customers”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were not impressed. Bland food with no taste. Portions are average. Pricing is average to the high side. This is your normal Chinese - American Restaurant. I would not repeat. Consider other options in walking distance including other Asian Fusion or Chinese-American and few almost Authentic Chinese places skip this place unless there is something on the menu you can't find at another place. The Shrimp Toast reminded me of Shrimp Paste you can find at Dim Sum or Shrimp Ball on a Sugar Cane at a Vietnamese place. Your money can be spent elsewhere. If you must go, I recommend eating at the Bar.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank jdreynoldsjr
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dependable in Beverly Hills”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Been going for years, mostly takeout. It's decent chinese in a nicer than average setting. This part of LA is unfortunately lacking in decent Chinese food, so this is one of the better alternatives. Peking Duck is always good.

Visited November 2013
Cece T, Manager at Xi'an, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Just wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your feedback on Xian. It never goes unnoticed, and we hope to see you in again soon!
Scarsdale
“Excellent Chinese Cuisine in Beverly Hills”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

On Canon Drive in Beverly Hills this restaurant offers a multiplicity of choices of fine Chinese cuisine. Service is attentive and sidewalk dining on a comfortable evening makes this a good choice.

• Visited October 2013