“Good food and service”

Ranked #60 of 320 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Brighton Street
Transit: Regular bus stops on Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevards.
Description: A Beverly Hills favorite since 1996, Xi’an has a vibrant atmosphere with a beautiful patio for outdoor dining, full service bar, and private dining for large parties. Beautiful, elegant and contemporary.
Los Angeles, California
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I like this place for healthy Chinese. Service is fast, the food is good and healthy. They offer brown rice. They always deliver the food very fast. Is a good place to meet people because it is not too loud but is a little dark.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank travelingworkingmom
Xian H, General Manager at Xi'an, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review! A nice reviews is always appreciated! We look forward to seeing you in again!

• Turkish first
Rolling Hills Estates, California
“A Chinese bargain in Beverly Hills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Had a chance to visit Xian with the family for a family style dinner.
The host was very good, hospitable and nice
The waiter left a bit to be desired, rushing, and not very personable.
The food was the best part of it. being a group of six we had a chance to sample quite a bit of the menu. The noodles were invariably great. all dishes we ordered from chicken, to shrimp , to beef were really good and reasonable size.
The biggest surprise was the bill which was, for the first time, much less than was expected for the amount of food & quality of the food in Beverly Hills specially when compared with other Chinese restaurants in the area who do not serve tastier food.
I really recommend it if you like Chinese food and willing to tolerate the waiters.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sam3550
Cece T, General Manager at Xi'an, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review! It is much appreciated! We will work on your area of critique with service and want you to come back for stellar service!
“Lousy!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is possibly the worst chinese I have been to for many years! Seriously I've had better food in Panda Express! Lukewarm and tasteless. Nothing tasted fresh and quite frankly most of it tasted frozen. Not what I expected for our first night in BH and I will be telling the hotel concierge to be cautious about recommending this place to other guests!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JackieKnutton123
Cece T, General Manager at Xi'an, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
I am so sorry to hear of your experience with us! When did you come in??? I hope that you will contact me personally and give us another chance! I hate to think that we had such an off night for you, but I assure you our food is fresh and not frozen. So sorry!

cece@xian90210.com
Los Angeles, California
“Totally disappointing...cold food & atmosphere...on Valentines day!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Food was bland, cold and arrived out of sequence. Portions were good but it lacked quality, style and presentation. There was no explanation of the menu, or any ideas if there were any specials and the whole a service experience was random but tried hard. Petals on the table was a nice touch but it seemed it was all to much for what appears to be a tired restaurant!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank RobCotton
Cece T, Manager at Xi'an, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience... and especially for Valentine's Day! I hope that you will contact me the next time you visit us-- and I want you to so that we can make it a better experience for you!
Arlington, Virginia
“Just Normal; Nothing Special; Not sure why it is crowed must have loyal customers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were not impressed. Bland food with no taste. Portions are average. Pricing is average to the high side. This is your normal Chinese - American Restaurant. I would not repeat. Consider other options in walking distance including other Asian Fusion or Chinese-American and few almost Authentic Chinese places skip this place unless there is something on the menu you can't find at another place. The Shrimp Toast reminded me of Shrimp Paste you can find at Dim Sum or Shrimp Ball on a Sugar Cane at a Vietnamese place. Your money can be spent elsewhere. If you must go, I recommend eating at the Bar.

• Visited November 2013