“Steak on Canon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wolfgang's Steakhouse

Wolfgang's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #235 of 318 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Description: With 4 decades of experience, Wolfgang Zwiener didn't duplicate an exceptional steakhouse, he improved on it to make Wolfgang's Steakhouse exceptional. The porterhouse steak for one, two, four or more, is an outstanding choice. The atmosphere, expanded menu & professional service will appeal to even the most exacting diners.
Beverly Hills, California
“Steak on Canon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a great steak,place thAt is always great. food is well worth the price. the steks re perfect but large.... Hamburger outstanding and large enough to share.. OMG salads and veggies are the best.. Great...

Visited June 2014

Calabasas
“Great Steak Dinner NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wonderful steak dinner. The Best is the side course Slab of bacon. Incredible desert. Come hungry! Ate at Wolfgangs NYC location in Battery Park very close to the World Trade Center.

Visited January 2014
na
“I've had few worse meals”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The concierge at your hotel ( The Sunset Tower) recommended this to us. We were excited that he was able to get us a Friday night reservation. I now know why there was space available. We arrived a little early and were seated promptly ( if not pleasantly ). Our waiter was friendly but a little over extended. We ordered cocktails- a vodka martini and a bourbon and coke. The martini was heavily vermouth'd and not dirty as requested but that's not a big deal. We ordered the " famous" Canadian bacon. Having lived in canada the first nine years of my life, and eaten back bacon ( as it's called in Canada) probably three mornings a week, I can tell you that my thrifty grandmother would have thrown out anything that left a pan in her house looking, and tasting that burnt. We also ordered a wedge salad. That's what it was, a wedge of iceberg lettuce. There was a slice of tomato ( yes one slice) and a bizarre blue cheese style vinaigrette. Not much flavor for $11.
My husband and I ordered the porterhouse for two. We asked for medium rare. We were leaning to mashed potatoes but the waiter told us that they were famous for their German potatoes. He described them as a crispy, well done hash brown. We ordered the appetizer sized ribs for our twelve year old.
The food arrived and it was, frankly, inedible. The meat tasted sour. It was medium rare in parts, medium in others, and flat out scorched on most of the top. I took two bites and put my fork down. My husband plowed through two slices of it and is currently regretting that decision. I truly think it was off. The potatoes were, in fact, well done and crispy. Incinerated is perhaps a more accurate description. My husband said perhaps we just aren't familiar with German potatoes. I looked at him and said " would you serve these outside of a prison?" He thought for a second and said " no, and not in a prison ". At that point we just laughed. Sometimes you have to make the most of a situation. We had heard about the fancy Japanese toilets so I went to the bathroom where, you guessed it, my toilet didn't work. My step daughter said hers worked well though and she enjoyed the novelty of the experience. All in all, she had the best evening as her ribs were passable. She did mention that they weren't as good as the LA BBQ ribs though. LA BBQ is a shack in Roberstdale Al Where no meal exceeds $10 BTW.
Our waiter had been gone for awhile and my husband was turning green so I flagged down the nearest server and asked for the check. He motioned to the almost totally full plates and serving dishes and asked if we wanted it boxed to go. We declined and again asked for the check which was provided. We paid it and left. Not one person asked how our meal was or thanked us for coming.
Oh well, $300 lesson learned.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank nisajoy
Los Angeles, California
“Not Puck but the real Wolfgang”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Lots of stories about the owners history at Peter Lugars and his great personality - all true. Wolfgang is a great restaurateur. In the heart of Beverly Hills and worth the drive in - valet parking or free lot parking - Steak and Steak and German style potatoes and if you have room the wedge was great. We had the Rib Eye and the filet, served sizzling hot - just perfect and not phony butter on top to make it wet and soft. real aged beef with strong flavor and firm feel. Corkage fee was waived which was nice touch. Service is sharp but everything is made to order so be patient, try not to fill up on bread, as the sides are perfect. - Ambiance is perfect with a buzz and lots of big tables so you are not cramped or closed in. Come hungry !!! Make reservations a must for weekends -

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Studio City, California, United States
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This place never disappoints. Sat at the bar and had a great glass of wine (good choices by the glass). Ribeye was perfect and German Potatoes are a must order. Started with the crab appetizer. It was a little underwhelming. Won't go with that one again. Lots of other good options to start the meal.

Service was provided by bartender. They were busy but he managed to check in a number of times. All good.

Visited January 2014