“Reviewing the Restaurant - Deelish!”
Review of Sirtaj Hotel

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Los Angeles
“Reviewing the Restaurant - Deelish!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

First off, like the title says, I'm reviewing the restaurant. I've never stayed at the hotel or even seen a room. Lobby is nice!

We live nearby to this hotel and were gifted a voucher from my thoughtful Mother who often scans the deal sites. It basically got us a drink, appetizer, and entree each. No idea what it cost her. Otherwise I will say, we probably never would have ended up at this place. We live too close so we'd never need to stay here, and it's pretty rare that we would go to a restaurant in a hotel without actually staying at the hotel. BUT we liked it so much, we came back a second time!

Both times we have had a delicious comfortable meal on their heated covered patio enjoying the trickle of the water fountain and more or less had the restaurant all to ourselves which we enjoyed, but it is a shame really because the food is incredible. Ray, was our server both times, he seemed to be the only server there, and might have also been the bartender! It makes sense, because it is a small place and it was not very busy at these times. Ray was very attentive, pleasant with his service, and honest with his recommendations - which I very much appreciate.

We have ordered many things now on our two visits and have enjoyed them all. If I had to make recommendations I would say definitely order something that involves their stand-out delicious masala sauce, the cheese naan (my mouth is watering thinking about it), and any of the lamb dishes. I know tikka masala is kind of boring and a go-to with Indian cuisine, but their's is the best I have ever had hands down. I can't say the food is authentic, because I have never been to India. I have, however, eaten a lot of Indian food, and I can say it is damn good.

We look forward to heading back here soon some evening. I hope they get more busy, but not so busy that we can't get a table.

Thanks Sirtaj!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Deone D, General Manager at Sirtaj Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Hunter G,

Hello neighbor, thanks for coming to dine with us! Please tell your friends where they can find the BEST Indian cuisine, we have just passed our first anniversary and we don't have the neighborhood awareness we had expected by this time. Thank you for mentioning Ray, he certainly makes the p.s. beverly hills experience complete. You mention some our best dishes, but I recommend the lamb chops on your next visit... something about being prepared in the clay oven makes them irresistible!

Sirtaj Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Everything about the hotel was really great. The staff was terrific and all went the extra mile for us. The location of the hotel is excellent, close to everything. We look forward to going back. Makes a great weekend getaway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Deone D, General Manager at Sirtaj Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Nadine S.,

A great weekend get-a-way to Beverly Hills, we agree Sirtaj is the perfect choice.. and if you can make it an extended weekend we often make an irresistible offer for Sunday nights! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything and are already looking forward to coming back.

Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We were lucky to call Sirtaj Hotel home for our quick stay in Beverly Hills, and couldn’t have asked for a more inviting welcome. From the friendly hellos that sounded every time we entered to the helpful front desk that let us take over the lobby for the evening to the chatty bar manager that kept us company long after the restaurant closed, the atmosphere of this boutique hotel had a certain charming aura about it. The spacious rooms (and even bigger bathrooms!) were clean and sleek with a very modern decor. The Sirtaj became our oasis of serenity, even in the midst of the bustling city.

That night, we were in the mood for something a little more eclectic so we opted to try out the restaurant at our hotel, Sirtaj. And O-M-G, that was the best decision we’ve made…quite possibly ever! The chef visited with us for a bit and we chatted about life, food, and India – and then we put our fate into his hands and let him cook us whatever he felt like. He must’ve felt magnificent because that is what our dinner was! From fragrant chicken tikka masala to a delicate shrimp curry to soft pillowy naan, we have no shame in admitting we licked our plates clean!

We did a full review and video on our blog featuring Sirtaj. Feel free to check it out! http://bit.ly/1lgaCIC

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CreamSugarBlog
Dear CreamSugarBlog,

We feel lucky you called Sirtaj Hotel home for your recent visit to Beverly Hills! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about all aspects of your stay. My favorite is that dining with us may be considered one of your best decisions ever :)

The video is also quite nice, thanks again for sharing~

Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Our family of four stayed at Sirtaj when we came for a family wedding in Beverly Hills. The price was right, the hotel was beautiful and very upscale, the service was impeccable, the location was quiet and very central, and the restaurant was delightful. I cannot say enough about this boutique hotel in LA. Sirtaj is a clean and comfortable hotel and will surely make your stay perfect in every way! I give it a resounding 10!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank bella1933
Deone D, General Manager at Sirtaj Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear bella1933,

"Best hotel in Beverly Hills"... we like the sound of that! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent visit, we certainly appreciate and enjoy hearing such complementary comments. We hope Sirtaj Hotel will be the only consideration in hospitality for your future visits to the area!

Redwood City
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My husband, two kids, and myself stayed here for only one night on our way to Palm Springs. Upon checking in, I was welcomed with a fresh-squeezed glass of orange juice. The check-in was welcoming and not stuffy at all. In fact, the entire staff (from the bartender to the housekeeping staff) was very friendly and were very sweet to my two children.

The restaurant has a Michelin-Rated Indian Cuisine Chef, but sadly, we did not partake in any of our meals since we were already booked elsewhere. The menu looked authentic and the prices were quite favorable for Beverly Hills. A Chicken Tikka Wrap was only $8!

Parking is valet only, but very fast and convenient.

Our room was a deluxe king, so we had a large room with a pull- out couch in a sitting area. The rooms are beautifully, India inspired, as is the hotel. The finishes were tastefully done and very chic.

My favorite part of our room was the Lavazza Espresso Machine in our room. This was, by far, the best coffee maker I have ever seen in any hotel room I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world!

I enjoyed our stay at Sirtaj. The entire staff was do welcoming and professional. I highly recommend hotel Sirtaj.

Stayed April 2014
Deone D, General Manager at Sirtaj Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear smithdxx,

Thank you for staying with us and providing the Excellent review! We're glad to see you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, but please plan to have dinner with us on your next visit as it is cuisine that cannot be found elsewhere.. Thanks again for your kind review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Dose not worth +230$ at all.
Tiny room with bad ventilation.
Even the A/C was leaking all the night!
I did not like the room's color " dark red " made the room small and uncomfortable!

The only plus is the staff, were very friendly and welcoming& the location..steps away from Rodeo drive.

Never back here .. With +230 $ I have a lot of better options even with extra bucks .

I gave two stars.. For the staff..and the location.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Frappu
Deone D, General Manager at Sirtaj Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Frappu,

We're happy that you choose to stay at Sirtaj Hotel, and so sorry you were disappointed. I'm glad you found the staff and location to your liking. The air conditioning leaking would certainly be distracting while trying to sleep and I wish we could have had that fixed before it was noticed by a guest. Please contact me when you return to the area I would like to get you in a larger room and I can assure you there will be no issue with the AC!

Until then,
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing location to be in Beverly Hills. You are welcomed with a smile and a fresh fruit drink. The rooms are OK in size and the decor design is good but he quality of the furnishings are only acceptable (Ikea meets the SLS). The room was dark from the small window, bad view to the next door building, the bed is below the window so the sun gets in your face in the morning. You can actually talk to your neighbor with our rising your voice (paper thin walls and floors). The bad room is nicely decorated and unique design, but the water pressure was very low in the shower. My room had no safe (major disappointment) and was promised twice they will provide one and after three days it never arrived. The restaurant is cozy, but the breakfast is mediocre.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Monsterloco
Deone D, General Manager at Sirtaj Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Monsterloco,

We appreciate you choosing Sirtaj Hotel for your recent visit to Beverly Hills. We are certainly disappointed to read you "Average" review. It appears several aspects of your stay were not aligned with your preferences and expectations, and we offer our apologies. Specifically, it is unfortunate you happened to get the room that recently experienced a safe malfunction, we have since reinstalled and again have in-room safes in 100% of the rooms. We're confident your next stay will be an "Excellent" one!