“Love the Hotel and Tichina Arnold”

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 21 October 2013

It was my first time to go to the L'ermitage Hotel. It's a beautiful, clean and courteous staff they have.

I went out with my cousin to see Tichina Arnold singing. We had an amazing time listening to her and the band! Great food, wine and best of all the music that touched us all in that moment. Luv ya Tichina!

• Stayed: October 2013
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so glad that you had the change to enjoy the full experience of your cousin Tichina’s performance here at out hotel.

We look forward to your return and welcoming you back on your next visit to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I recently had the opportunity to visit L'Ermitage in Beverly Hills to listen to Tichina Arnold belt out original and cover tunes. It was an entertaining and fun evening for all. The lounge where the show took place was packed, as well as the adjoining bar, yet the staff aptly attended to all in a timely fashion. To escape the high energy for just a moment, one could visit the quiet, sexy outdoor restaurant. My experience for the evening was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear TanyaYoungWilliams,

I am so glad that you were able to escape the high energy of Los Angeles and have a chance to enjoy Tichina Arnold’s performance here at out hotel.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel the night of October 19 for our 20th anniversary. I contacted Sal Abaunza, the Regional Manager, to let him know that this was our anniversary and would appreciate anything "special" that he could do. Boy...did he deliver! We were complimentary upgraded to a 1400 sq ft suite overlooking Beverly Hills with fresh cut yellow and white roses! The suite was magnificent to say the least. As an extra bonus, Tichina Arnold (star of "Martin" and "Everybody Hates Chris") was singing in the lounge that evening and we were entertained with a very intimate concert. We ate at the restaurant for lunch the day of check-in and had room service Sunday morning for breakfast and the food was exceptional on both occasions.

From check-in to departure, the staff of the hotel went out of their way to ensure that our every accommodation was met. This is our new Los Angeles "home" for my many trips to the area. Thanks to Sal and Stephen Black for making our anniversary one to remember!

3  Thank Touche57

Dear Karin,

I am so glad that you and your wife had an enjoyable 20th anniversary here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, congratulations again to you both on this milestone anniversary. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, I will be sure to pass on your sentiments.

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

This was the last stop of our 3 weeks tour in California- definitely the best as well in terms of the room & the staff. We had 5 rooms & my room was upgraded as I had 2 boys so they put us in a larger room with a sofa bed.

Valet is pricey @ $35/ day but the staff & their service was impeccable.

However, the restaurant was not so good- we had a quick bite (brunch) before leaving for our flight home & they provided me with the set menu which included orange juice & ice cream. However, when the bill came orange juice & ice cream was charged & explanation was that it was ala carte as they gave us a larger portion since was sharing w my wife. Did not argue as I needed to rush off aldy but don't think that this is acceptable.

This is why I'm only giving 4 stars & not 5!

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Vernon C,

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. Please accept my apologies for your restaurant experience here at the hotel.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I LOVE L'Ermitage. I have stayed there 3 times in the past 2 1/2 yrs. It has been perfect each time. The rooms I have stayed in (always one of their lower priced rooms) are just wonderful. They are huge, with a vanity/dressing area, very large bathroom, and balcony. The staff is very friendly and not stuffy at all. With our recent stay, it seemed all valet and doormen knew our names and this was just a 2 day stay. We used the car service to go to dinner and that is sure a nice option. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street side had a little bit of street noise, but it didn't keep me from sleepi...
1  Thank Karin B
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Karin,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so glad that you have enjoyed our hotel over the last two and a half years. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, I will be sure to pass on your sentiments.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a wonderful time relaxing at the hotel to celebrate our Anniversary. It was a great location for us - walking distance to Rodeo Drive and great restaurants and in very quiet and peacful section of the neighborhood. We loved having the green space and tree view out of the room balcony w/french doors. The bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom were extremely spacious. We experienced great service from all the staff as well, especially at the pool (with it's own great views of L.A. and the hills).
The one drawback was the live band they had playing in the lounge Saturday evening. It was extremely loud, so much so, that we couldn't relax in our room with the bass/volume. It lasted until at least 10:30pm, and made me think they didn't put their (high paying) guests first.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our 3rd floor room/nice tree lined view. We did not enjoy the loudness of the band playi...
1  Thank vttraveler28

Dear Vttraveler28,

I am so glad that you and your spouse had a wonderful time celebrating your anniversary with us at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the live music, this entertainment is only temporary for the month of October.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here a few years back and loved it, the service was great the rooms beautiful etc...We revisited last week and were sadly let down, this is never a $500 per night hotel...not even in LA. The doormen never seemed to be there to open doors, the concierge was nice but didn't listen, the place needs a refurb and the band playing in reception bar needed to take the volume down....considerably!

This was a massively disappointing return for us.

Room Tip: Just don't think about booking until its been refurbished
1  Thank Lauri C
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear MrsSee,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for supplying us with your feedback, without this we are unable to truly gauge our product and customer service.

I sincerely apologize for the events that occurred during your stay. I have reviewed these issues with management and our colleagues.

Regarding the physical aspect of the property, we plan on completing our renovation this time next year. I do hope you see these unfortunate occurrences as a rare exceptions to the service we offer at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly the next time you are visiting. Please allow me to take personal care of your arrangements.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!