“Breath Taking ! !”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Miami, Florida
“Breath Taking ! !”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

1st the amenities were AMAZING !!!! 2nd the staff fulfilled all of my needs ...3rd the Price, Best Value for the Buck .....You are literly 4 blocks from Shops and Restaurants. Will stay there again when I'm back in LA

Room Tip: Roof top pool has amazing views ..... Walking distance to shops & restaurants
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John S
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear John S,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write this fantastic review of L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased that you decided to stay with us during your visit to Beverly Hills. Thank you for your complimentary words, with regards to our staff, amenities and prime location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills again very soon!

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We loved this hotel! It is exceptionally clean, welcoming, and we felt like royalty the entire time we were there. This hotel will be the reason we come back to L.A. as we thought it was such a luxurious getaway. I liked everything about it. Loved walking to downtown Beverly Hills to breakfast and dinner. Really great location that seemed very safe to walk around late at night.

The staff is exceptional and clearly very well trained. We had dinner at Livello--the food was excellent and we loved the ambiance. Would also love to try their patio on a balmy night as it was such a cute courtyard.

Highly recommend !

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and felt it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda C
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Linda C,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time in writing this review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills and felt like royalty! Thank you for the kind words about our staff, the ambiance and cuisine in our LIVELLO restaurant.

On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back for dinner on our patio, on a balmy evening!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit, so I may take personal care of your arrangements.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 April 2014

First time staying here...was upgraded to 7210, a Premier King Room with balcony. Service was impeccable, without being pretentious. Chose this property over the new SLS and the Four Seasons. We were offered champagne by the front desk upon our arrival. The front desk gentleman asked if we needed airport transportation, since it was included in our AMEX rate; we declined, since we had a rental car. He then proceeded to offer us complimentary overnight parking to make up for us not needing the airport transportation. This is setting the bar for hotel service integrity!! I'm sorry I don't recall the gentleman's name, but he had glasses, and was very polite, knowledeable about our needs, and a great representative for the hotel.

Only constructive feedback is that the berber carpet in our room is near the end of its life span, and should be changed; you can tell it had some dark stains in certain spots. Other than this issue, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We got a room facing the back of the hotel...I would have preferred a room on the other side, facing...
2 Thank Dennis W
Dear Dennis W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

I am pleased that you were happy with so many elements of your stay. As well as, the excellent service that you received from a member of our Front Desk team.

Please rest assured that your comment, regarding the condition of the carpet in the guestroom mentioned, is something that we are addressing.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly the next time you are visiting. It would be my pleasure to take personal care of your arrangements.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills!

Warm regards,

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2014

OK, Just have to say, this place is even better than my last review. Why??? Because the staff is so attentive, caring, professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Why, because the Hotel Driver DAVID is on time, gratis and superb. I think the concierge Christine, is one of the most efficient and polite concierge in Beverly Hills, and for that matter, all my travels.
The restaurant and bar are amazing, top top style and food, and the bar crowd after work is sheer Hollywood entertainment execs and creative- which is ME !

I should add I frequent NYC, Paris, London and this places is up with all of their five star ***** hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cynna K
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Cynna K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a second review of L'Ermitage Beverly Hills!

I am delighted that you continue to have wonderful experiences at our hotel. Many thanks for your kind words regarding our staff, LIVELLO restaurant and bar. I will be sure to share your review with the whole team here at L’Ermitage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Ladera Ranch, California
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed two nights for a short vacation away from the kids.

The staff at this hotel could not be any nicer. Super attentive and very courteous. Check-in and out was fast, bell staff great, valet great and fast.

Location was very nice. Was able to stroll about 1/2 mile to a few different restaurants I wanted to check out.

Took advantage of an offer on their site to get an upgrade to the Beverly Suite. The room was absolutely huge. Only downside was the lighting system in the room which we could never actually figure out. Too complicated for a hotel you are staying in temporarily. Would prefer just regular switches to go on and off!

Room Tip: Had room 704. Two nice little balconies with a great view.
1 Thank Paul R
Dear PERydell,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. My apologies with regards to the difficulty you experienced with our lighting system. I will be sure to pass this feedback on to our Executive Management team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed in Suite 705 at L'Ermitage from 27th December 2013 to 5th January 2014, and our children had the room next door. We had stayed for almost the same period two years previously. I have stayed in several hotels in LA but only this one in Beverly Hills. It is a truly beautiful hotel. Only a short walk from Rodeo Drive and all the shops and boutiques, but secluded and tranquil. The public areas are exceptionally clean and bright, and the front desk staff and particularly the car valets are helpful and very attentive. Compared to other local, perhaps more famous, hotels, l'Ermitage has larger rooms. It's also on a wide street, far enough away from the shops to avoid lots of traffic noise.
Housekeeping is good: everything kept very clean, and excellent turndown service as well. The rooms are bright with a small balcony, and we had two bathrooms again which was very useful.
Now the downsides.
The bed was sooo uncomfortable. Really hard, and I don't think we had a really good night's sleep between us throughout the stay. In fact the day before we left I woke up with a sore back, and when I got home to London, ended up being treated for a trapped nerve and the pain that went with that for three weeks. We were told that the hotel is starting a huge refurbishment soon. New, more comfortable beds are a MUST, but I would be really sad to see all the lovely wood fittings disappear which give the room so much character.
Our room was at the rear, facing the Hollywood sign which is clearly visible. Unfortunately there is a USPS depot close behind the building, and an access road. We were woken every morning to the sound of high pitched beeping as lorries reversed in and out at around 6am. Also trucks pulling up outside to make deliveries during the day. There is also another large, low-rise building which I could only see from above, which has what I assume to be an air conditioning fan on the roof. Every 45 seconds it spins for 10 seconds with a great noise. Once you've noticed it, you hear it every time it goes off.
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the hotel, and am looking forward to seeing it again when it has been re-fitted because it is the only place I would want to stay in Beverly Hills. The main problem comes from the noise outside: a bad bed can be fixed, but the disturbance can't.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SarahCahill
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear SarahCahill,

Thank you for your commentary regarding your stay at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. I am delighted that you were happy with many elements of your stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Please rest assured that your comments regarding the physical aspects about our rooms and property, is something that we are addressing.

On behalf of all of us at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards,

London, Ontario
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is our second stay at L'Ermitage and won't be our last. I found the service to be fantastic, friendly and attentive. The accommodations were quiet, comfortable and luxurious but not over the top. Walking distance to Rodeo drive.

Dear benwack,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and enjoy our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on the service we provide and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole team here at L’Ermitage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The London West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,620 reviews

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!